11. Rxc3 dxc4 IM Yannick Gozzoli: one more Lasker defence, very fashionable since Anand used it to beat Topalov in the famous last round of they world championship encounter in Sofia. I am wondering what Radjabov found to break this solid black set-up.
12. Bxc4 Nd7 13. Qc2 b6 14. Bd3 Interesting to note, an updated 2700+ live rating list has been launched Chess Evolution.
14... Nf6 15. Rxc6 GM Naiditsch: finally some action!! Let's see if Kramik also analysed this position until draw.... but for sure it will be now much more interesting for us to watch then the first 2 games of the mini match...
15... Nd5 16. Qb3 Nb4 17. Rc1 GM Naiditsch: in current positino there is only one game: Van Welly - Kasimdzhanov that ended in a very short draw after.
17... Nxd3+ GM Naiditsch: now Bf3 and draw? GM Naiditsch: difficult to understand Radjobov's match tactics...
18. Qxd3 Bb7 19. O-O GM Naiditsch: now Bf3 and draw?
19... Bxf3 GM Naiditsch: difficult to understand Radjobov's match tactics...
20. gxf3 Qg5+ 21. Kh1 Qd5 22. Qe4 Qxa2 23. Rg1 Rfc8 24. Qb7 Rf8 GM Naiditsch: both players seems to know what they are doing...but anyway if we look at the chess board...I would personally pick whites colour. Black needs to make many accurate moves to equallize and no risk at all. The pity thing is, that Kramnik for sure analysed this position until draw. IM Gozzoli: I remember that Arkadij said yesterday that "Leko closed the Marshall, Kramnik the Catalan" but maybe looks like the 2nd World Champion Emmanuel Lasker "closed" 1.d4 so many years ago with his own defence ! :)
25. Rc7 GM Naiditsch: Pity for us, probably another draw... they really don't work for the fans :)
25... Qxb2 26. Rxf7 Rxf7 27. Qxa8+ Kh7 28. Qe8 Rc7 GM Naiditsch: as we can see, position is interesting, just both players hada it at home... hmm but anyway I would evoluate chances of white a bit better, maybe now just taking on e6
29. Qxe6 GM Naiditsch: and after Qxf2 maybe just check on e4 and afterwords d5?
29... Qxf2 30. Qe4+ Kg8 GM Naiditsch: draw is to come with no play possibilities. Not much to say about the game... only maybe to confirm that Vladimir has a great memory... Today's games are reaching you thanks to Chess friends games server and Chess Evolution.
31. Qe8+ Kh7 IM Gozzoli: draw is really not far.. One question remains : How to deal with this Lasker defence ?!
32. Qe4+ Kg8 33. Qe8+ And the draw that we expected was agreed. Stay tuned for a video analysis here and more news, thanks for following with us GM Naiditsch and IM Gozzoli on ChessBomb.com and Chessdom.com! ½-½