1. d4 The leader Magnus Carlsen is facing today the local star Nisipeanu in a game before the rest day in Bazna. Against Radjabov in round 3 Carlsen chose to open with c4 and against Nakamura in round 1 he went for d4, but in both cases he had to face the Queen's Gambit.
1... d5 2. c4 dxc4 Today it is Queen's Gambit Accepted on the board. Carlsen decided to play 1.d4 and to be happy with slight advantage
3. e3 Nf6 4. Bxc4 e6 5. Nf3 c5 6. O-O a6 It's quiet a surpise that with Black Nisipeanu chose such a calm opening. It is not his style.
7. dxc5 Bxc5 8. Qxd8+ Kxd8 9. Be2 Ke7 10. Nbd2 Many types of development are possible for both sides : White can develop with a3, b4, Bb2, Nb3 or Nb3, Bd2, Rac1, Rfd1, Be1 or b3, Bb2, Rac1, Rfd1, Nc4,etc. Black can think about b6, Bb7, Nbd7, Rac8, Rhd8 or Nc8 , Bd7, Rd8, Rc8, Be8, it is a matter of individual preference.
10... Bd7 11. Nb3 Bd6 12. Na5 White will keep his slight advantage and pressure for long term as Black's King will not look so comfortable in the centre if White exchanges Bd6 after some Bd2,Rac1,Nc4 for example
12... Ra7 13. Nc4 Bb5 Note: today's commentator GM Alexander Ipatov will soon conduct a simul in ChessFriends, everyone is invited to participate, expect more information later this week.
14. b3 Rd8 15. Bb2 Bxc4 16. Bxc4 Nc6 17. Rfd1 Raa8 18. h3 a prophylactic move but also can be a preparation for kingside expand like g2-g4-g5
18... g6 19. g4 h6 Now the Bishop manouver Bc4-f1-g2 with the pressure on h1-a8 looks interesting
20. Bf1 Rac8 21. Rac1 for White will be useful to exchange at least one pair of Rooks to reduce Black's chances for counterplay
21... Nd5 22. h4 Ke8 Black just wants to prevent White's idea g4-g5,e3-e4 and Bb2-f6+ with winning the exchange on d8
23. g5 hxg5 24. hxg5 Be7 25. Kg2 Nb6 Exchanging a pair of rooks is on the agenda as mentioned before, but seems to be that Bf1-d3-b1 with the idea of Rd1-h1 it's also possible.
26. Bd3 Nb4 27. Be4 Quiet an interesting idea from Magnus!A temporary pawn sacrifice for Bishops activazation and Rook' s invading on h-file
27... Nxa2 28. Rxd8+ Kxd8 Black pieces are now lacking coordination and infiltration via Rh1 is possible
29. Rh1 Nd5 30. Ne5 f5 31. Bxd5 1-0
Last edited by picasso on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : update results)