There are 64 qualifiers for the event:
* The Women's World Champion,
* the runner-up and semi-finalists of the previous Women's World Championship (4 players),
* the World Junior Girl Champions U-20 of 2008 & 2009 (2 players),
* the five best rated players from the average of the FIDE rating lists of July 2008 and January 2009 (5 players),
* fifty-one qualifiers from the Women's Continental Championships and Zones (51 players).
* and two nominees by the FIDE President (2 players).
From: Chessbase.com site