FrontChess was created for chess playing in Internet or in local area network.
- one on one play between rivals
- organization of tournaments (including automatic). If the tournament is non-automatic then players arrange with each other about the date of play and start it in mutually convenient time
- watching a current game by unlimited number of players
- common chat
- private chat during the current game
- sending and receiving private messages
- saving the game in PGN format
- saving player’s current position
- downloading the game from PGN files
- downloading player’s finished game from program server
- keeping all games on program server
- connection UCI cursors for playing against a computer
The program is divided into 2 parts: server-based and client-based parts. For starting the game in LAN, the server-based part must be activated on one of the computers. Then the clients will be able to connect this server (server IP must be pointed out in client’s program settings). On this site (rus) only client-based part is available. on default it is a server, launched in Yaroslavl (Russia) and the first connection will be carried out right there. The possibility of installing the server-based part on your LAN should be discussed with the author of this program. E-mail him.
This program is developing and all your suggestions are welcome! You may write them in the guest book.
Version 188.8.131.52 is available