I have created a high quality opening book (Arena book) by using extracted games from CCRL40/40 (2009 to 2012-03). I created a Java program to extract data.
* Filter conditions for extract games:
- Get winning games that winner side is weaker player and loser side is stronger with rating at least 3000.
- Get winning games that winner side is stronger player with rating is at least 2900 and loser is weaker player with rating at least equals to [stronger rating] - [10% of stronger rating].
- Get draw games that both side rating are at least 3000.
- Some other filter conditions not listed here.
- Book depth: 60 half-moves.
Link: Gnurt 1.0, or Mirror1
If you click Gnurt 1.0 link and cannot download file then (on Firefox) please right click on "Skip Ad", click "Copy link location", paste in address text box then enter to go to download page.
Please test this opening book and report result.
* Version 1.0b:
- Updated book parameters, link: Gnurt 1.0b
* Version 1.0c:
- Link: Gnurt 1.0c
- Fixed wrong parameters so the book is stronger than old versions.
- Changed book depth to 80 half-moves.
- Currently there is no way to create winning book for black/white so I changed filter conditions to simpler conditions:
+ Get winning games that winner side is stronger player with rating is at least 2900 and loser is weaker player with rating at least equals to [stronger rating] - [12% of stronger rating].
+ Get draw games that both side rating are at least 3000.
* Version 1.0d:
- Link: Gnurt 1.0d
- Slightly updated some filter conditions to extract games from CCRL40/40 database.
- Use a special import method to make book stronger than older versions.
- Updated book parameters, updated move priority of 1st, 2nd and 3rd level.
- Tested 100 games against RpC-Alpha-2.9.2A.abk with good result: 50.5 - 49.5 (100 games, 28-27-45). See my below post for more detail.
* Version 1.0e:
- Link: Gnurt 1.0e
- Changed filter conditions to extract draw games: both side rating are at least 3000 or rating of one of them is at least 3100.
- Tested carefully with two phases because re-test result for 1.0d version is bad.
See my below post for more detail.
Last edited by tungoctrung on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:52 am; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Update links)