ELO : 18491
Posts : 4398
Thanks received : 12013
on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:31 am by
ELO : 18491
Posts : 4398
Thanks received : 12013
on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:35 am by
Download Dasher in other languages:
Changes in this version:
- Added support for multiple UI skins. (Window --> Skins)
- Added a new support tool, the Network Status Dialog. It allows for sending traceroute and ping reports to an ICC server to help the support team track down connection problems. (HELP --> Network Status)
- Added support for the DGT chess boards via DGT's own DLL. It allows for playing on DGT chess boards and showing clock values on the DGT XL clock in mode 23. It requires DGT's DLL being installed and working properly. (Edit --> Settings --> Playing 2)
- Fixed a bug caused the board to flip without any reason after making the first move.
- Fixed showing of the Login dialog on clicking the "Play Online" button on Windows 7.
- Fixed bugs that occasionally caused some of the settings to reset on program upgrades and in other cases.
- Fixed problem caused corruption of PGN files written out by Dasher 1.5.3 in some cases.
- Fixed saving of comments (move annotations) into PGN files.
- Fixed problem that caused the analysis engine to stop working if the user managed to click faster than the UI could deal with.
- Fixed showing of user names beginning with letter "C" in the My Chats menu.
- Fixed problem that prevented preserving and removing of quick commands.
- Fixed crash on low memory conditions when the user had many friends (notified users) logged in at the same time.
- Fixed a bug that caused the "Rematch" button not to appear in examine mode with "set examine on".
- Fixed playing of "has arrived" sound samples inconsistent with the arrival messages displayed. Now either both the message is displayed and the sound sample is played or none of them. It was not the case for the titled users before.
- The login process has been modified to prevent logging into the backup server (queen) unintentionally. Users still have the ability to log in to the backup server explicitly, while the selection of the anti-firewall settings is still automatic for convenience.
- Updated channel list to include "United States Chess League" for channel 129.
- Prevented showing of unnecessary error messages on saving examined games to the user's game library. (For example: "#1324247700" does not match any player's name exactly.)
ELO : 222
Posts : 63
Thanks received : 138
on Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:55 pm by
Release 1.5.7 - Release date: June 10, 2014
Internal browser enhancements
Added additional support for accounts, including new limited accounts.
Updated engine to Stockfish v5
Added Support integration (help -> Ask A Question)
Other stability enhancements.
Release 1.5.6 - Release date: Jan 24, 2013
Display mugshot images
Right alignment of static texts
Add option to hide the ratings on the scoresheet until end of the game - some bugs were found and fixed
Reverse board does not reverse the titles and the ratings
Flipping the board does not flip the premove
Broken board rendering (bitmap pieces)
Release 1.5.5 - Build date: April 27, 2012 / Release date: April 28, 2012
Added support for rendering the board using an SVG piece set. It allows for smoother look of pieces on today's higher resolution displays.
Added support for logging application crashes. It aids developers in fixing crashes and related issues more efficiently. Error logs are uploaded only when Dasher is started the next time. Dasher asks for the user's consent to send the information to ICC's error log server on the first event. This selection can be changed later in Dasher's settings.
Added configuration option to hide the ratings on the score sheet until end of the game. It can be enabled on the Playing tab of the Settings dialog at the middle-right.
Fixed forgetting the password on checking off the corresponding checkbox.
Fixed crash on multiple incoming challenges.
Fixed crash occurred in the My Games window while pressing the End or Ctrl-Home keys.
Fixed freeze when the game ended while the promotion dialog was open.
Fixed loading games starting with black's move.
Fixed errors on opening PGN files saved from other chess applications.
Fixed the context menu of adjourned games, it just did not work before.
Fixed cases when Dasher's internal Web browser went crazy due to the use of iframe based widgets on the Web pages opened.
Fixed updating the country flags of players outside games, for example when it is shown on the finger window.
Fixed wrong chat room (channel) names.
Found a common installation problem: Flash works inside Dasher if Flash has been installed for Internet Explorer. The Firefox / Chrome Flash plugins do not work with Dasher. It cannot be fixed by Dasher. Please install Flash for Internet Explorer and restart Dasher to solve it.
Last edited by xadrez1978 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:58 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : + information)