Run now! with java web start. jhess.sourceforge.net/jhess.jnlp
Run now! as an applet. jhess.sourceforge.net/applet.html
Jhess is an open source Java chess client with the following features:
- Support for email correspondence play. (cmail compatible)
- Reads and writes Portable Game Notation files.
- Allows stepping through game history move by move.
- Pure Java allows you to challenge your friends no matter what operating system they use.
- Full move validation. Users cannot make illegal moves.
- All chess rules including castling and en passant implemented.
- Peer to Peer real time network play.
- Chat feature to allow chatting between players when in peer to peer mode.
- Seamless switching between peer to peer and email play, allowing players to play in peer to peer mode when both are on-line, and email mode when both players cannot be online at the same time.
- One click install with Java Web Start
- Consider using wx4j for the ui because swing is really ugly.
- UI and usability need many enhancements
Click here for project information, source code, etc...
Everyone Loves Screenshots!