Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionBMI2 or POPCNT EmptyBMI2 or POPCNT

more_horiz
I was wondering what engine I should install between BMI2 and POPCNT. This is my CPU info:
BMI2 or POPCNT Pictur10

descriptionBMI2 or POPCNT EmptyRe: BMI2 or POPCNT

more_horiz
Sorry that the image is really big. I know that it shows 2 Cores and 4 Threads.
I now have another question. I can not disable Hyper-Threading so when I am using Fritz 15 I can use either 2 or 4 cores. I know I should only use 2 because those are the number of physical cores but when I do this I only use 50% of my CPU Power and when I use 4 cores (threads), my CPU uses 100% of my CPU Power.

more_horiz
Hi Roland23,

Your system has a Haswell cpu and in your Instructions you see AVX2 -> means best use BMI2 compiles!!

If you can't disable HT OFF in Bios (during boot press Delete to enter Bios) is it very normal you see 50% cpu usage..only thing you have to check is if the cpu using both real cores..there exsisting programs to select Processor Affinity to let a program use only these real cores..of course easiest way is to put HT-Off in Bios..

A explenation: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/change-the-processor-affinity-setting-in-windows-7-to-gain-a-performance-edge/

Ipman.

more_horiz
@Ipman wrote:
Hi Roland23,

Your system has a Haswell cpu and in your Instructions you see AVX2 -> means best use BMI2 compiles!!

If you can't disable HT OFF in Bios (during boot press Delete to enter Bios) is it very normal you see 50% cpu usage..only thing you have to check is if the cpu using both real cores..there exsisting programs to select Processor Affinity to let a program use only these real cores..of course easiest way is to put HT-Off in Bios..

A explenation: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/change-the-processor-affinity-setting-in-windows-7-to-gain-a-performance-edge/

Ipman.

Thanks Ipman. I was able to disable Hyper-Threading through the BIOS and now I am installing engines that support the BMI2 instruction.

Thanks again.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum