Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionWhat is the Best Computer For Chess ? EmptyWhat is the Best Computer For Chess ?

more_horiz
What is the Best Computer For Chess ?

Xeon or I7

12 core 3.4 GHZ xeon lose on i7

I really confused

what is the best ?

descriptionWhat is the Best Computer For Chess ? EmptyRe: What is the Best Computer For Chess ?

more_horiz
why confused my friend, you had both ! thumb up look at my spec only old pc i52500k, as long as support x64bit i think very very stroooong!

descriptionWhat is the Best Computer For Chess ? EmptyRe: What is the Best Computer For Chess ?

more_horiz
The best is xeon....but if u use a good book+engine+ tablebases....a i7 can win....
But a Xeon has advantage.....

more_horiz
This question on its own will get you many different answers from different people.
The current World Correspondence Chess Champion won his title for engine analysis help with i5-4670k o/c 4.4 GHz, with 16 GB of RAM (2 GB for hash) if that is any help.
Of course there are others who have the top of the range hardware using many cores etc. etc. ( and it could be said that hardware will make a lot of difference to how well the software/engine will play) but really it all comes down
to two things, how much money (but more importantly) how much time you are willing to spend.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum