Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionDefensive Chess Engines EmptyDefensive Chess Engines

more_horiz
Hi does anyone know of any engines that particularly play a defensive style of chess? By defensive I mean a good use of pawns across the board with a very closed up sense of positioning that turns the game into a more thought provoking, time-consuming type of play. If any of you guys know please feel free to mention them as I've been looking around for a while with no luck, thanks!  thumb up

descriptionDefensive Chess Engines EmptyDefensive Chess Engines..

more_horiz
You can try Lchess 6.0 or Lchess 5.0.......Rd Chess 3.23...Phalanx XXI Soberango
Fritz 6.. Crafty 17.11 or APIL Chess.... smile

descriptionDefensive Chess Engines EmptyRe: Defensive Chess Engines

more_horiz
Thanks for your help bro I'll check them out, peace. clap thumb up

more_horiz
Actually, I could really use some help with this too. I have dozens of chess engines. And all the ones like Shredder or Stockfish that you set to "passive" aren't defensive at all. I mean I want a DEFENSIVE engine. I have Johnny Hecktor, Szint Jose, Zappa, Prodeo QT, and all the other aggressive ones that will take your head off. I want something that I cannot penetrate. That I have to work my ass off to touch. A Rock. Rodent III with the "Tortoise" personality - with the Larsen hypermodern first book and Petrosian main book is the closest thing I've found. But I want something truly unorthodox, and would train someone to play against say, a street huster with defensive, unorthedox play.

more_horiz
Attack is the best Defence.
If you want Peace, prepare for War ! smile

more_horiz
Amyan 1.72 (2600 - CCRL 40/4)

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum