Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionLarge Pages EmptyLarge Pages

more_horiz
I tried to use LP and not working, it said: " Use Large Pages enabled. Large pages not used - CreateFileMapping () returned invalid handle. Please check memory fragmentation, privileges and UAC (and reboot if necessary).
Children restarted. "
Anyone can tell and solve please, thank you.
Large Pages Lp11

descriptionLarge Pages EmptyRe: Large Pages

more_horiz
View this book ;)
mediafire.com ?5g8i3z74549c5p4 UY

descriptionLarge Pages EmptyLarge Pages fail to load

more_horiz
I have did as what the book told already, like lock Large Page memory for my name and run GUI as Administrator or switch off UAC, but still can not load the LP.
Or maybe memory fragmentation is not right. but I don't know how to do the right thing. Can you help Morir? Thanks alot.

more_horiz
What is the Windows you have
WIN 7 ultimate ,professional,home
VISTA
XP ???

more_horiz
@Morir wrote:
What is the Windows you have
WIN 7 ultimate ,professional,home
VISTA
XP ???

WIN 7 ultimate, and now I am using ULTIMATE version with UAC disable and it works sometimes, thanks. If it did not work I restart and it works again. funny hah :)

more_horiz
hi what is the large pages advantage and how is set please help me

more_horiz
@ferhat1402 wrote:
hi what is the large pages advantage and how is set please help me

look at this page
http://ahmed-chess.forumotion.com/technical-discussions-room-f5/large-pages-in-t04-beta3-t109.htm

descriptionLarge Pages EmptyUsing large memory pages in 64-bit Windows Vista/7

more_horiz
In 64-bit Windows Vista/7 can benefit from so-called large memory pages. Depending on the hash table size the speed improvement may be between 5% and 20%.
To enable this feature, you need to modify the Group Policy for your account on your computer:
1. Run: gpedit.msc (or search for "Group Policy")
2. Under "Computer Configuration", "Windows Settings", "Security Settings", "Local Policies" click on "User Rights Assignment"
3. In the right pane double-click the option "Lock Pages in Memory"
4. Click on "Add User or Group" and add your account or "Everyone"
5. You may have to logoff or reboot for the change to take effect
Run your chess GUI with administrative rights ("Run as Administrator"), and check the "Large_Pages" UCI option for Engine.
Note: If memory is fragmented the Large Page allocation may fail and engine will fall back to standard memory page usage.
use program utility to defragment memory ----> Optimize RAM (Random Access Memory)

descriptionLarge Pages EmptyCan't get large pages not higher than 64M

more_horiz
@AmOs 4EvEr wrote:
In 64-bit Windows Vista/7 can benefit from so-called large memory pages. Depending on the hash table size the speed improvement may be between 5% and 20%.
To enable this feature, you need to modify the Group Policy for your account on your computer:
1. Run: gpedit.msc (or search for "Group Policy")
2. Under "Computer Configuration", "Windows Settings", "Security Settings", "Local Policies" click on "User Rights Assignment"
3. In the right pane double-click the option "Lock Pages in Memory"
4. Click on "Add User or Group" and add your account or "Everyone"
5. You may have to logoff or reboot for the change to take effect
Run your chess GUI with administrative rights ("Run as Administrator"), and check the "Large_Pages" UCI option for Engine.
Note: If memory is fragmented the Large Page allocation may fail and engine will fall back to standard memory page usage.
use program utility to defragment memory ----> Optimize RAM (Random Access Memory)

Hi all,

I'm trying to get "Large Pages" to work with the engine "Ivanhoe B47cBx64.exe"
If I want to get a higher setting of the "Large Page" than 64M the engine log shows:

Ivanhoe started on Tue Feb 22 21:55:19 2011

LargePages Hash (128M) did not work --> not enough resources (err.1450)
Reduce size or restart PC
PawnsHash LargePages size 16M
PVHash LargePages size 2M
EvalHash LargePages size 2M
SLAB LargePages size 4M

Only when I set the "Large Page" setting to 64M or smaller the engine log shows:

Ivanhoe started on Tue Feb 22 22:17:12 2011

Hash LargePages size 64M
PawnsHash LargePages size 16M
PVHash LargePages size 2M
EvalHash LargePages size 2M
SLAB LargePages size 4M

So it's not a issue of rights because then it wouldn't work at all ...

I have Windows 7 X64 Ultimate and 6 Gigabyte of memory. I'm using the GUI of Deep Fritz 12.
After a reboot I instantly start up the GUI etc.
The "engine output" panel shows nothing despite whatever engine I use ?!?

Has someone "the golden tip" for me?

Thanks in advance.

FlyingDutchman (nickname = Victorious on PlayChess.com)

more_horiz
it's only happened with Ivanhoe B47cBx64 ? or with all engines ?

more_horiz
Hello,

I Have Windows 7 Home.
I don't find "gpedit.msc"
Any ideas?
Thanks

more_horiz
With the help of a memory defragmentation tool, I now manage to set the large page setting to 256M.

When I start the taskmanager in Windows during the play and choose the tab performance, it shows the following:

Physical Memory

Total 6135
Cached 1277
Available 4218
Free 3647

So I can't understand why the large page setting can't set up higher than 256M (512M fails ...)

I don't now if other engines will show how high the large pages are set. This version of IvanHoe creates automatically a log file wich shows you the results. The hash-file can set up higher but it won't be accessed through the large pages technique.

more_horiz
@maniwa wrote:
Hello,

I Have Windows 7 Home.
I don't find "gpedit.msc"
Any ideas?
Thanks

Group Policy is not available in Windows 7 Home Edition.

more_horiz
@FlyingDutchman wrote:
With the help of a memory defragmentation tool, I now manage to set the large page setting to 256M.

When I start the taskmanager in Windows during the play and choose the tab performance, it shows the following:

Physical Memory

Total 6135
Cached 1277
Available 4218
Free 3647

So I can't understand why the large page setting can't set up higher than 256M (512M fails ...)

I don't now if other engines will show how high the large pages are set. This version of IvanHoe creates automatically a log file wich shows you the results. The hash-file can set up higher but it won't be accessed through the large pages technique.

maybe this helps
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366720%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum