Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

The best settings for the engine Houdini 1.5a x64

descriptionThe best settings for the engine Houdini 1.5a x64 - Page 3 EmptyRe: The best settings for the engine Houdini 1.5a x64

more_horiz
@Chips wrote:
Thanks a lot, but, where can I donwnload all Gaviota files?

http://www.olympuschess.com/egtb/gaviota/

descriptionThe best settings for the engine Houdini 1.5a x64 - Page 3 EmptyRe: The best settings for the engine Houdini 1.5a x64

more_horiz
my laptops processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M460 @ 2.53 GHz
how many threads should i set up with Houdini 1.5a x64 ?
can i get help please?

more_horiz
thank you :D

more_horiz
When I set up (in the third step) search depth on 50 my time has changed to 0:00:00, why is that so? :(

more_horiz
@mirceatanase wrote:
my laptops processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M460 @ 2.53 GHz
how many threads should i set up with Houdini 1.5a x64 ?
can i get help please?

i5 M460 is a 2 core cpu with hyperthrading.

they have 2 real and 2 virtual cores.

if you play with hyperthrading on,give houdini 4 cores for work.

if you give only 2: It can happen:
windows gives you only the 2 virtual cores for houdini when you work with other programs in the background.

Reagards

more_horiz
thank you very mach Testo

more_horiz
Testo, can u explain me what "Gaviota Endgame Tablebases" is??? if at makes my program stronger once i use it?? what advantage does it take to chess program pls?

more_horiz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endgame_tablebase

I could not explain it better bigsmile

more_horiz
In this forum Aboghadeer recommanded Antimaster 12 as a good opening book. I would like to know the opinion about the quality of the more recent Antimaster 19 book. Many thanks in advance.

more_horiz
Please referre to the following:

https://www.chess2u.com/t1984-antimaster-19-ctg7z#10311

" Re: Antimaster 19 ctg.7z on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:54 am
Victor
Bishop++

sven
All AntiMaster links are deleted
as Adnan said to you, AntiMaster books are not welcomed here!!!"

more_horiz
What is the size Gaviota Endgame Tablebases
I have a SSD drive 64 GB
25 gb is already occupied
thanks

descriptionThe best settings for the engine Houdini 1.5a x64 - Page 3 Empty?

more_horiz
Download compressed Gaviota. When you install them they 13GB.Ukoliko I have it all done well

more_horiz
Thanks for the gaviota instructions buddy.

more_horiz
hi can you tell h
who to configer houdini 3 in fritz

descriptionThe best settings for the engine Houdini 1.5a x64 - Page 3 Emptyhoudini 3 onfig.

more_horiz
hi ,
frind can u tell who to confirm houdini 3.

more_horiz
how to config Houdini pro 3 w x32 in fritz 12 for best out put. like strong book ,threads,split depth ,and other

more_horiz
Read this thread sudeshsali,
https://www.chess2u.com/t6819-houdini-3-pro-best-values

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum