Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionsmarThink 1.98 EmptysmarThink 1.98

more_horiz
I downloaded smarThink 1.98 from: http://smarthink.ru/
and when I extracted the file I got several .exe files but which one should I use from these:
SmarThink_v198_x64_AVX2.exe
SmarThink_v198_x64_AVX2_standalone.exe
SmarThink_v198_x64_SSE3.exe
SmarThink_v198_x64_SSE3_standalone.exe

What is the difference between standalone and not standalone?
Which is better AVX2 or SSE3?

Thanks

descriptionsmarThink 1.98 EmptyRe: smarThink 1.98

more_horiz
@roland23 wrote:
I downloaded smarThink 1.98 from: http://smarthink.ru/
and when I extracted the file I got several .exe files but which one should I use from these:
SmarThink_v198_x64_AVX2.exe
SmarThink_v198_x64_AVX2_standalone.exe
SmarThink_v198_x64_SSE3.exe
SmarThink_v198_x64_SSE3_standalone.exe

What is the difference between standalone and not standalone?
Which is better AVX2 or SSE3?

Thanks


AVX2 is for more modern computers.
Use the standalone exe for engine use in a GUI like Arena.

descriptionsmarThink 1.98 EmptyRe: smarThink 1.98

more_horiz
Graham: do you know the strongest free winboard engine at the moment?

descriptionsmarThink 1.98 EmptyRe: smarThink 1.98

more_horiz
@Graham Banks wrote:
@roland23 wrote:
I downloaded smarThink 1.98 from: http://smarthink.ru/
and when I extracted the file I got several .exe files but which one should I use from these:
SmarThink_v198_x64_AVX2.exe
SmarThink_v198_x64_AVX2_standalone.exe
SmarThink_v198_x64_SSE3.exe
SmarThink_v198_x64_SSE3_standalone.exe

What is the difference between standalone and not standalone?
Which is better AVX2 or SSE3?

Thanks


AVX2 is for more modern computers.
Use the standalone exe for engine use in a GUI like Arena.


Thanks Graham I really appreciate it.

descriptionsmarThink 1.98 EmptyRe: smarThink 1.98

more_horiz
@QueensideCastler wrote:
Graham: do you know the strongest free winboard engine at the moment?


Arasan can be used as either WB or UCI.
Crafty is the strongest WB only engine.

descriptionsmarThink 1.98 EmptyRe: smarThink 1.98

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum