Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionPlease Help EmptyPlease Help

more_horiz
How much memory is necessary for the Stockfish and syzygy.
How much we gain on strength and speed
thank you

descriptionPlease Help EmptyRe: Please Help

more_horiz
5 piece Syzygy files take 938mb of space.
Tablebases usually only give 10-20 Elo strength increase at the most.

descriptionPlease Help EmptyDear Graham

more_horiz
Pls would u be so kind to tell me where from to download 3,4,5 pieces Syzygy tablebases, and with which engines use them, and how should install them through Fritz 15?

Thx a lot in advance.

more_horiz
@Powerchess wrote:
Pls would u be so kind to tell me where from to download 3,4,5 pieces   Syzygy tablebases, and with which engines use them, and how should install them through Fritz 15?

Thx a lot in advance.

http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/tablebases-online/

I don't have a list of all the engines that use them.

Put all the files in one folder and get Fritz to point to that folder when setting tablebases options.

more_horiz
Thx in advance!! I am trying to download them.... but they show as text or something i dont recognize....(they appear as a list alltogether...) How to do , step by step, to download the tablebases....????

@Graham Banks wrote:
@Powerchess wrote:
Pls would u be so kind to tell me where from to download 3,4,5 pieces   Syzygy tablebases, and with which engines use them, and how should install them through Fritz 15?

Thx a lot in advance.

http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/tablebases-online/

I don't have a list of all the engines that use them.

Put all the files in one folder and get Fritz to point to that folder when setting tablebases options.

more_horiz
Create an empty folder names 'SyzygyTablebases'.

From the link I gave, under the 'Introduction' section, you'll find the download links for all 3,4 and 5 piece tablebases.
Once you've downloaded each file (the tbs is what you click on for each), put into the folder that you created and then unzip them.
Then copy all of the files from each of the subfolders into the main folder.

After this you can delete the zip files and subfolders so that your 'SyzygyTablebases' folder just has all of the tb files in it.

Now you can open Fritz and under the 'File-Options', you can point to the 'SyzygyTablebases' folder.

more_horiz
Thx a lot!!!

@Graham Banks wrote:
Create an empty folder names 'SyzygyTablebases'.

From the link I gave, under the 'Introduction' section, you'll find the download links for all 3,4 and 5 piece tablebases.
Once you've downloaded each file (the tbs is what you click on for each), put into the folder that you created and then unzip them.
Then copy all of the files from each of the subfolders into the main folder.

After this you can delete the zip files and subfolders so that your 'SyzygyTablebases' folder just has all of the tb files in it.

Now you can open Fritz and under the 'File-Options', you can point to the 'SyzygyTablebases' folder.

more_horiz
@Powerchess wrote:
Thx a lot!!!

No problem. Happy to help. thumb up

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum