Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionHoudini has a problem with the tactic EmptyHoudini has a problem with the tactic

more_horiz

Houdini has a problem with this item.
The best move is L: h5 or Lg4
Only 0.9 critter is located.
Maybe I am too weak processor?
Please test yours.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/magicalsnap201102222219.png/

descriptionHoudini has a problem with the tactic EmptyRe: Houdini has a problem with the tactic

more_horiz
so, I played game was closed position. Houdini played same moves and it was draw, but I changed engine and critter 0.9 won game. I know that Houdini stronger then critter but why critter found winning move not Houdini 1.5 a ?

descriptionHoudini has a problem with the tactic EmptyRe: Houdini has a problem with the tactic

more_horiz
good question. is that the patched version? which patched version do you like the best?

more_horiz
I usually use citter
But testing Houdini. But he has a problem with tactics!
I think that the analysis is better than Houdini on my processor.
intel 350 2.2 i3 Speed

more_horiz
@duda wrote:
so, I played game was closed position. Houdini played same moves and it was draw, but I changed engine and critter 0.9 won game. I know that Houdini stronger then critter but why critter found winning move not Houdini 1.5 a ?

coz critter 0.9 is best tactical engine. its weak only on positions which are not tactical or in understanding end games

more_horiz
Houdini is not accurated in its valuations. For an example with white when you are playing a games you saw your valuation at + 1.25 during the middle game. You thought that you are right for a victory but suddenly after 2 moves laters you watched -0.50 and finally you lost the games. With rybka engine I never saw that, this one is accurated and constant. Houdini is a pure brute force. If Vas should increase the speed of rybka it shoulb be better than Houdini.

more_horiz
i dont know why the most of people is giving 4 sure that the engine is amazing, the trud H15a is strong, but just strong. its bugy, is not balanced, he just play cool on some conditions and in some oppenings, freezes. hell is an ogly compilation of bugs without personality.
great engines are Hiarcs, Zappa, Shredder, Critter, Stockfish, Junior, inert!!! Spark ,ChessTiger!!, some IH, Robbo, fritz personalized, Rybka 3, Loop, Crafty, Toga & some others, but come on Houdini? :sm4: is just a bad robbo strorg arms skiny legs

more_horiz
hi.iam using intel R core2 Quad cpu
Q6700 @ 2.66GHz 800 GB of RAM.when iam using haudini last version igot froze at the last move mate move or draw move any idia why this happened in many many game/. :( :( :( :(

more_horiz
yeah I have an Idea what happened. If you are using a patched version it tries to connect to the internet, maybe to a bot or something I don't know but if it tries to connect you could be getting hacked. My virus protection warned me of this. I disabled all prts to the internet for patched versions. BTW the p2 patched version isn't that good I tested engine to engine with the same books and different books and the op version is stronger I don't know why but it is.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum