Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Alpha subZero - NN for CPU

descriptionAlpha subZero - NN for CPU - Page 2 EmptyRe: Alpha subZero - NN for CPU

more_horiz
@Alexa1978 wrote:
Forgive my question, what does it mean that the other threads are reserved for Lc0? I ask you this because I noticed that the engine requires only the presence in the folder of subzero.zip, libopenblas.dll and client.exe without using them in the least, the engine only shows error if they are not present in folder, but otherwise doesn't use them.
Thank you

P.S.
why the file is protect and obfuscated?

descriptionAlpha subZero - NN for CPU - Page 2 EmptyRe: Alpha subZero - NN for CPU

more_horiz
file isnt obfuscated and protected ,you using some reverse enginering programs  but i dont know what is all about.
maybe thiis program dont work correctly,i dont know this reverse enginered stuff so i cant help with this.
i test this on my 2 PC 12 core and 24 core both works fine ,for other systems i dont test and i dont know what is optimal settings ,maybe you should try to find it yourself ,but i dont recomend lower Threads <4 number because lack of playing strength.

more_horiz
@bookmaker wrote:
i get 65 -70 kns on max settings, on fast system you can adjust option OutOfOrder eval to limit selectivity then kn/s should jump a little.

And you're ok with that speed?

That's way too low! With SF I normally get about 50,000 knps and you should get a LOT more than 70 kns too! Engine is way too slow and seems to make no difference in speed if I set lc0 threads to 10 or 32. It's always about 40-60 kns.

more_horiz
@bookmaker wrote:
file isnt obfuscated and protected ,you using some reverse enginering programs  but i dont know what is all about.
maybe thiis program dont work correctly,i dont know this reverse enginered stuff so i cant help with this.
i test this on my 2 PC 12 core and 24 core both works fine ,for other systems i dont test and i dont know what is optimal settings ,maybe you should try to find it yourself ,but i dont recomend lower Threads <4  number because lack of playing strength.

did you make it, or you just reposting it from somewhere else?
it sounds a bit weird that you don't know how the program is expected to work if you wrote it.

more_horiz
it work this way  i expect but:
- i dont set any passwords which means protected and archive aslo not requaire any password
-i test it only on my PC which is 2 Intel  + 1x AMD which means i test it in limited way. ..

i can crate new  version which can be protected by password its no problem.But  i dont need this to be protected and  i dont need to earn money on this.

generally i create this because i test LC0 CPU version  and it was weak and no competitoive to top engines,so i start to think how to make this 2 ideas SF + Lc0 work together.And i try to make this on style Lc0 but run on CPU and thus the playing strength be competitive.So i think this and this and that and i get idea to build it on stockfish base + add Lc0 futures ,which is this engine.

complaining about stockfish copy:
this is not stockfish copy 1 :1  if you run several games SF vs Alpha subZero you see that is a 20 elo weaker than real SF but very competitive and i think is good for analyzing because the output is shorter and easy to follow.not like in Sf output 40 moves which changed every few seconds.

Last edited by bookmaker on Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
@bookmaker wrote:
- i dont set any passwords which means protected and archive aslo not requaire any password
-i test it only on my PC which is 2 Intel  + 1x AMD which means i test it in limited way. ..

i can crate new  version which can be protected by password its no problem.But  i dont need this to be protected and  i dont need to earn money on this.

protected does not mean that there is a password. It means that you have used programs like Themida (no in this case), UPX, NSPACK, eXpressor, FSG, telock, ReCrypt, Orien, Aspack, ReCrypt, AcProtect ... to hide the contents of the exe file. The file still remains executable after they have been treated with these programs. it changes the size and cannot be decrypted except through reverse engineering programs.
I think you know these things very very well.

more_horiz
look this is not a virus this is safe program ,if AV reports it as virus just false alert

this is general idea behind
Alpha subZero - NN for CPU - Page 2 As10

more_horiz
@bookmaker wrote:

bookmaker,
could you not ignore me and answer my question?
what is "client.exe" file there for? What does it do?

because your engine doesn't work without client.exe and when I start client.exe, my antivirus says that it tries to send something over internet.
it looks like it is a virus which sends my passwords to you.

please explain

more_horiz
Lc0 use client exe and this is the file that come with an official Lc0 realese.

more_horiz
@bookmaker wrote:
Lc0 use client exe and this is the file that come with an official Lc0 realese.

Lc0 works without client.exe, and your engine doesn't, why?

more_horiz
this not sends any data any paswords client.exe is a file from official Lc0 i add it because it might be required.just check checksum of client.exe official Lc0 and this and you will see its same file.

more_horiz
I trusted a chess friend without checking for viruses.  I guess that was a mistake.

more_horiz
this is clean,no viruses, just check it on this site virustotal only some shit AV make false alerts .look there ahead with some other engines false alerts is common in crap AV.

more_horiz
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/91bfea15ec2e0248d588a20b580d9149a4a70da6be8310b27d634aa489f56a51/details

more_horiz
@bookmaker wrote:
virustotal.com/gui/file/91bfea15ec2e0248d588a20b580d9149a4a70da6be8310b27d634aa489f56a51/details

yeah as I suspected virustotal confirms it's malware
including how end respected Microsoft antivirus

Cylance: Unsafe
Endgame: Malicious (moderate Confidence)
Microsoft: Program:Win32/Wacapew.B!ml
Sangfor Engine Zero: Malware
SentinelOne (Static ML): DFI - Suspicious PE
Trapmine: Malicious.moderate.ml.score

more_horiz
no its not just check tab detection you see its 6/69 and none of commercial AV threat that as virus because it isnt virus just some crap AV show false positives

more_horiz
MS Av shows virus. Now why it isnt working without a client ?
its fishy

more_horiz
it is certainly a false positive. Some identify it as Malware because it was treated with one of the programs I listed above. the author can confirm this simply by having the file scanned before compression and obfuscation ...

P.S.
I'm not saying that your "experiment" is bad, indeed I find it very interesting. I don't understand why you try to hide the skills you did ... or maybe how much stockfish code you used?

more_horiz
@Alexa1978 wrote:
it is certainly a false positive. Some identify it as Malware because it was treated with one of the programs I listed above. the author can confirm this simply by having the file scanned before compression and obfuscation ...

P.S.
I'm not saying that your "experiment" is bad, indeed I find it very interesting. I don't understand why you try to hide the skills you did ... or maybe how much stockfish code you used?

Why isnt its working without a client ? seems fishy.

more_horiz
my opinion is that he has inserted in the code a series of obligatory calls (among which the client) of which the exe only requires the presence without being used in the least. Then he made some small changes to the Stockfish code (including lowering the depth and speed values shown) and in this he was very very good. After that he used a program to blur everything and to compress the il file exe. This is my opinion

more_horiz
@Alexa1978 wrote:
my opinion is that he has inserted in the code a series of obligatory calls (among which the client) of which the exe only requires the presence without being used in the least. Then he made some small changes to the Stockfish code (including lowering the depth and speed values shown) and in this he was very very good. After that he used a program to blur everything and to compress the il file exe. This is my opinion

Microsoft Av is saying it a virus.
Also why need a client call to run the exe ? it can run independently.

more_horiz
The Microsoft antivirus show this as safe, look the link above.there is no viruses i dont want to hack you but i I understand the caution recommended

more_horiz
@bookmaker wrote:
The Microsoft antivirus show this as safe, look the link above.there is no viruses i dont want to hack you but i I understand the caution recommended

You "checked" the wrong binary and posted fake link!

i've just tried to upload you "engine" myself and look what I got:
Alpha subZero - NN for CPU - Page 2 Unknow10

link to the correct test: virustotal.com/gui/file/102189654d874aa1c4616378182b299c6264ae0a3ad4d66a4eac8a3aa4438bc6/detection

more_horiz
there is no viruses just false positives ,i checked last binary https://fil.email/FWknbjXz you checked first binary which is buggy and freezeng after 10 games or so ,but there is no viruses in any version.

more_horiz
my last post on this engine ....
1- is protected

Alpha subZero - NN for CPU - Page 2 Immagine3

2- it is very risky to use it ....

Alpha subZero - NN for CPU - Page 2 Immagine

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum