Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionBest cpu for chess analysis (Mhz vs Cores vs L3) EmptyBest cpu for chess analysis (Mhz vs Cores vs L3)

more_horiz
Hi all,
I have a quite decent computer with dual socket 2011-v3 (x99). (Dell Precision T7810 - 32 gb DDR4)
I can attach 2 Intel Xeon E5-26xx V3 and V4.
Actually I have 1 Intel Xeon E5-2637v3 3.5ghz and 4c/8t.
I just started to play "correspondence" chess again and my goal is to set a good analysis machine.
I have other Xeons with 6c/12t (x58) and 8c/16t (x79), did some test and my impresiión was that e5-2637v3 was the fastest...
Now I want to update the computer CPU and need advice...what is more important to get better performance? Mhz? Cores? L3 cache?

Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance.

f.

descriptionBest cpu for chess analysis (Mhz vs Cores vs L3) EmptyRe: Best cpu for chess analysis (Mhz vs Cores vs L3)

more_horiz
Chessify

descriptionBest cpu for chess analysis (Mhz vs Cores vs L3) EmptyRe: Best cpu for chess analysis (Mhz vs Cores vs L3)

more_horiz
@fromay wrote:
Hi all,
I have a quite decent computer with dual socket 2011-v3 (x99). (Dell Precision T7810 - 32 gb DDR4)
I can attach 2 Intel Xeon E5-26xx V3 and V4.
Actually I have 1 Intel Xeon E5-2637v3 3.5ghz and 4c/8t.
I just started to play "correspondence" chess again and my goal is to set a good analysis machine.
I have other Xeons with 6c/12t (x58) and 8c/16t (x79), did some test and my impresiión was that e5-2637v3 was the fastest...
Now I want to update the computer CPU and need advice...what is more important to get better performance? Mhz? Cores? L3 cache?

Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance.

f.

Hyper threading off for dual xeons, and more cores better performance.

more_horiz
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3990X 64 CORES 128 THREADS. ANYWAY, it doesn't mean you will win many games. probably you draw 85% of games.

for analysis, it is not necessary to have the strongest computer. you can have a computer with 4 cores and 8 threads and get the same result . it takes more time. but the final result is the same, that is another myth.

more_horiz
I would like to suggest just use AMD with XT, such as 3600XT-6 cores, 3800XT-8 cores and 3900XT-12 cores.
then Use Bluefish with parameter of "Activity" set to Ultrafast and Mode=10. You bang! never unbeatable :)

more_horiz
Did you mean unbeatable like 4000 elo performance ?

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum