Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionwhat is the best GUI, Time Setting, Book and Engine for 14 sec per move game? Emptywhat is the best GUI, Time Setting, Book and Engine for 14 sec per move game?

more_horiz
im playing at come2play speed chess.

descriptionwhat is the best GUI, Time Setting, Book and Engine for 14 sec per move game? EmptyRe: what is the best GUI, Time Setting, Book and Engine for 14 sec per move game?

more_horiz
Every GUI gets Buggy if they are not updated regularly which later affects the estimation of Elo based on scores.
As for features... From what you're saying I can tell As I have little experience with chess engines and computers in general. Don't worry - Fritz12 will do everything you wanted it to and a lot more.
There are many other GUI available.Fritz 11,12.Rybka 4,Deep Rybka 4..
{Fritz12 includes the Fritz12 (chessbase) GUI and the the Fritz12 engine. Rybka4 is just the engine (unless Aquarium is included}

In my opinion Fritz 12 is better as I got 3-4 Intel and Amd systems and I had played in every page.
The only problem I have had with Rybka 4 and the F12 GUI stems from its up-to-date compatibility with Vista/Windows 7.it works fine with XP
And Fritz 12 is cheaper too if you want to use original.
As most of the players are using Houdini 1.5a as my observation you dont need to download Houdini 1.5 Gaviota Tablebases.Nalimov will do all endgames.(its my observation only a word of advice from others is appriciable)
You may find they are working fine or not by the following picture.

what is the best GUI, Time Setting, Book and Engine for 14 sec per move game? Gui10

You can test the EGTB by analyzing the following mate in 115 position.
You should get the result in less than a second.
There are many positions 3-piece and 4-piece endings also where you will find that you are getting table base hits but they are not working.forget it you need to play more and learn more for that.
hope this will help you
sorry for my english.

descriptionwhat is the best GUI, Time Setting, Book and Engine for 14 sec per move game? EmptyRe: what is the best GUI, Time Setting, Book and Engine for 14 sec per move game?

more_horiz
Thanks RED RUM :)

more_horiz
@RED RUM wrote:
Every GUI gets Buggy if they are not updated regularly which later affects the estimation of Elo based on scores.
As for features... From what you're saying I can tell As I have little experience with chess engines and computers in general. Don't worry - Fritz12 will do everything you wanted it to and a lot more.
There are many other GUI available.Fritz 11,12.Rybka 4,Deep Rybka 4..
{Fritz12 includes the Fritz12 (chessbase) GUI and the the Fritz12 engine. Rybka4 is just the engine (unless Aquarium is included}

In my opinion Fritz 12 is better as I got 3-4 Intel and Amd systems and I had played in every page.
The only problem I have had with Rybka 4 and the F12 GUI stems from its up-to-date compatibility with Vista/Windows 7.it works fine with XP
And Fritz 12 is cheaper too if you want to use original.
As most of the players are using Houdini 1.5a as my observation you dont need to download Houdini 1.5 Gaviota Tablebases.Nalimov will do all endgames.(its my observation only a word of advice from others is appriciable)
You may find they are working fine or not by the following picture.

what is the best GUI, Time Setting, Book and Engine for 14 sec per move game? Gui10

You can test the EGTB by analyzing the following mate in 115 position.
You should get the result in less than a second.
There are many positions 3-piece and 4-piece endings also where you will find that you are getting table base hits but they are not working.forget it you need to play more and learn more for that.
hope this will help you
sorry for my english.

many thanks :sm3:

more_horiz
thanks Red Rum!

more_horiz
there is no difference between Rybka 4 GUI and Fritz 12

more_horiz
@someshwar wrote:

no difference :sm29:

more_horiz
@someshwar wrote:

I have written above what is fritz and what is rybka please read first then comment.and for your knowledge
there are many programs also which are text only (chess playing engines without graphics)
and following are graphical interfaces like Arena, Aquarium, ChessPartner, Fritz, Shredder Classic, Chess GUI.

more_horiz
fritz11(latest update) is better or fritz12 ? i think fritz11(latest update) is better

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum