Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionChess engine specifically designed for tactics training? EmptyChess engine specifically designed for tactics training?

more_horiz
Hi, are there any chess engines specifically designed for tactics training? I'm thinking of an engine that will play a normal game but whenever possible during the game will make subtle mistakes that allow for a tactic if you can spot it? Thanks

descriptionChess engine specifically designed for tactics training? EmptyRe: Chess engine specifically designed for tactics training?

more_horiz
@ll0 wrote:
Hi, are there any chess engines specifically designed for tactics training? I'm thinking of an engine that will play a normal game but whenever possible during the game will make subtle mistakes that allow for a tactic if you can spot it? Thanks

do you mean playing against engine on your level that plays tactical chess?
I can think of Dragon by Komodo (Human personality)

descriptionChess engine specifically designed for tactics training? EmptyRe: Chess engine specifically designed for tactics training?

more_horiz
@polo.toprak wrote:
@ll0 wrote:

do you mean playing against engine on your level that plays tactical chess?
I can think of Dragon by Komodo (Human personality)

Hi, I'm not familiar with Dragon, is it the Komodo engine tuned a specific way or is it a different engine entirely?

I know a lot of the top engines have an adjustable strength feature but usually they just play a weaker game at lower levels and make mistakes that are not necessarily tactical ones. I'm thinking of an engine that will actually calculate the position and make a deliberate move that allows a tactic like a sac or something. Essentially the engine would be playing a generally strong game and wouldn't be making random silly mistakes, instead it would make calculated ones that would allow you to get an advantage if you spot them. thanks

more_horiz
yeah I understand what you are saying.. yeah you can try with Dragon 1.0 (newest project by Komodo)
get the engine put it inside GUI and change the personality type to Human
Another engine that plays like human that I can think of is Vitruvius 1.14

more_horiz
@ll0 wrote:

https://www.chess2u.com/t16571-introducing-maia-a-human-like-neural-network-chess-engine#102972

more_horiz
Use Stockfish 13, SugaR 2.00, the new CFish un contempt zero and that's it, you'll have a amazing and strategic chess engine.

more_horiz
mediafire.com file/d9u7ndzpu8knblm/Patzer.exe/file

this engine plays like human 2300 lichess rating but you can lower strength in settings

more_horiz
@bookmaker wrote:
mediafire.com file/d9u7ndzpu8knblm/Patzer.exe/file

this engine plays like human 2300 lichess rating but you can lower strength in settings

mirror

https://pixeldrain.com/u/8mZixMVp

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum