Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Lc0 with A/B Helper

descriptionLc0 with A/B Helper - Page 2 EmptyRe: Lc0 with A/B Helper

more_horiz
On my PC its requesting for the file cublas64_11.dll

more_horiz
On my PC its requesting for the file cublas64_11.dll so I'm asking for this file as I can't find it on the internet

more_horiz
sarona wrote:
Jaglo wrote:

SolidTreeThreshold=200000000

I don't know how to set up. With this option, I can only enter 5 digits. I insert 99999. Maybe that's the problem.

Are you using an older Fritz GUI?  Because I have a lot of room to enter 200000000 (Fritz 17 GUI).
Lc0 with A/B Helper - Page 2 Helper

Also, is your AuxEngineInstances=3?  

If so, change it to AuxEngineInstances=1 and make sure that Permanent Brain box is unchecked (in Advanced Options).

Yes, I have an old Fritz 11. There is no way to type this. Ideally, the developer would enter the appropriate value by default. And he could also hide this option. And set TwoFoldDraws=false by default.

AuxEngineInstances=2 I'll try 1

more_horiz
collins wrote:
On my PC its requesting for the file cublas64_11.dll so I'm asking for this file as I can't find it on the internet

Have you looked here https://lczero.org/play/download/ ?

DNNL BLAS

more_horiz
Katabatic wrote:
The latest version of the A/B helper binary has actually been much more stable for me. I actually quite like this engine now.

Have a Full HD Sceen on my Laptop,

Lc0 with A/B Helper - Page 2 42933099vm

But can not see all parameters. What should I do? eek

more_horiz
collins wrote:

It is included in the lc0-v0.28.2-windows-gpu-nvidia-cuda.zip download which is located here

Code:

https://github.com/LeelaChessZero/lc0/releases/download/v0.28.2/lc0-v0.28.2-windows-gpu-nvidia-cuda.zip

more_horiz
collins wrote:
Is there a blas type for this,I can't use Cudda

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/hans-ekbrand/lc0/build/job/35c380m95e8897gq/artifacts

more_horiz
Solista wrote:
Katabatic wrote:
The latest version of the A/B helper binary has actually been much more stable for me. I actually quite like this engine now.

Have a Full HD Sceen on my Laptop,

Lc0 with A/B Helper - Page 2 42933099vm

But can not see all parameters. What should I do? eek

If you cannot change the laptop screen resolution itself, could you not just create an lc0.config file on your 3900x and then transfer it to your laptop (place it in the Lc0 directory) with the adjusted parameters?

I am assuming you want to change the SolidTreeThreshold setting?

more_horiz
Jaglo wrote:

Yes, I have an old Fritz 11. There is no way to type this. Ideally, the developer would enter the appropriate value by default. And he could also hide this option. And set TwoFoldDraws=false by default.

I am not sure if this suggestion will work with the Fritz 11 GUI (it does with F17), but could you not create an lc0.config file and place it in the same directory as Lc0 AB Helper (or whatever you call it) itself?

Create lc0.config

add the following:      --solid-tree-threshold=200000000

Save the file.

more_horiz
Jaglo wrote:

You can also add another line to the lc0.config and make TwoFoldDraws defaulted to false.

--solid-tree-threshold=200000000
--two-fold-draws=false

more_horiz
Katabatic wrote:

I confirm this. No crash.

My System:
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
CPU : 6-Cores ; 12-Threads ; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H @ 2.60GHz 15,9 GB
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB

My Config :

backend=cudnn-fp16

AuxEngineFile=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arena\Engines\Stockfish\stockfish_22012908_x64_bmi2.exe
AuxEngineInstances=3
AuxEngineMaxDepth=2
AuxEngineOptions=Threads=1;Hash=32;Ponder=off
AuxEngineOptionsonRoot=Threads=2;Hash=128;Ponder=off
AuxEngineThreshold=100
AuxEngineTime=300
AuxEngineVerbosity=3

Lc0 with A/B Helper - Page 2 Captur10

more_horiz
Do you have a link anywhere to the 0.29 beta? The latest I see on their github is 0.28.2.

more_horiz
sarona wrote:
Jaglo wrote:

You can also add another line to the lc0.config and make TwoFoldDraws defaulted to false.

--solid-tree-threshold=200000000
--two-fold-draws=false

I downloaded the latest binary file.

two-fold-draws works well. Checkbox is unmarked.

When I set --solid-tree-threshold to 2 or 3 it changes the value. For 200 million, it doesn't work. I see a value of 1.

I also tried this: --aux-engine-file=C:\Program Files (x86)\ChessBase\Engines\stockfish_14.1_x64_avx2.exe, but then the engine does not load.

more_horiz
I don't understand the point of Lc0 Helper. lc0 is "chess zero". With AB helper, Lc0 is no longer "chess zero" and the sense of Lc0 is destroyed. The creators can then immediately develop a new "Lc0 no zero", then there is no longer any need for an external helper.

more_horiz
Katabatic wrote:
Do you have a link anywhere to the 0.29 beta? The latest I see on their github is 0.28.2.

It is on the AppVeyor site. The executable only. This is the cuda executable.

Code:

https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/x8nat5g5c6rv9egr/artifacts/build%2Flc0.exe

more_horiz
Jaglo wrote:

When I set --solid-tree-threshold to 2 or 3 it changes the value. For 200 million, it doesn't work. I see a value of 1.

Maybe edit the Engines.UCI entry for the engine. Not sure where it is located for Fritz 11. Maybe "C:\Users\(your path)\AppData\Roaming\ChessBase\Engines.UCI"?

Find the correct file. For me "Lc0 v0.29.0-dev+git.dirty AB Helper.uci

[ENGINE]
Name=Lc0 AB Helper Cuda 119
Author=The LCZero Authors
Filename= (your path to the engine)
[OPTIONS]
TwoFoldDraws=False

more_horiz
sarona wrote:
Katabatic wrote:

It is on the AppVeyor site. The executable only. This is the cuda executable.

Code:

https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/x8nat5g5c6rv9egr/artifacts/build%2Flc0.exe

Oh, interesting that they label this as the 0.29 dev build. Is LC0 officially pivoting towards helper functionalilty?

Solista wrote:
I don't understand the point of Lc0 Helper. lc0 is "chess zero". With AB helper, Lc0 is no longer "chess zero" and the sense of Lc0 is destroyed. The creators can then immediately develop a new "Lc0 no zero", then there is no longer any need for an external helper.

Well, it's like saying conventional A/B engines work by force calculation, and adding a NN makes them no longer A/B. This is just the other way around, a NN that uses an A/B engine to prune obviously bad moves.

more_horiz
sarona wrote:
Jaglo wrote:

Maybe edit the Engines.UCI entry for the engine. Not sure where it is located for Fritz 11. Maybe "C:\Users\(your path)\AppData\Roaming\ChessBase\Engines.UCI"?

Find the correct file. For me "Lc0 v0.29.0-dev+git.dirty AB Helper.uci

[ENGINE]
Name=Lc0 AB Helper Cuda 119
Author=The LCZero Authors
Filename= (your path to the engine)
[OPTIONS]
TwoFoldDraws=False

This is a good way to do it. I set the number of threads and the AuxEngineFile path. Unfortunately, SolidTreeThreshold shows as 1. Maybe it has the right value, but it's impossible to see that with Fritz11. Thanks for your help.

more_horiz
Katabatic wrote:

Oh, interesting that they label this as the 0.29 dev build. Is LC0 officially pivoting towards helper functionalilty?

Not sure, but I don't think they are.

There is another AppVeyor site that contains some Lc0 development builds that do not contain helper functionality. This one has been around for a long time. For those interested, they also have android builds there - as well as cuda, cudnn, dx12, openblas and onednn binaries.

Code:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/LeelaChessZero/lc0/history

more_horiz
Has anyone tried starting a match engine vs engine?
In my case I made several attempts and tried different configurations of the Lc0 helper parameters
but after the first game that ends correctly all the others out of the book the engine does not move.

more_horiz
If someone is interested in comparing Lc0 against Lc0 +Helper :

my config Lc0 0.29.0-dev + H :

Last version of Lc0 download at : https://ci.appveyor.com/project/hans-ekbrand/lc0
weights : weights_run1_610889.pb
backend=cudnn-fp16

AuxEngineFile=C:\Program Files (x86)\Arena\Engines\Stockfish\stockfish_22012908_x64_bmi2.exe
AuxEngineInstances=3
AuxEngineMaxDepth=2
AuxEngineOptions=Threads=1;Hash=32;Ponder=off
AuxEngineOptionsonRoot=Threads=2;Hash=128;Ponder=off
AuxEngineThreshold=100
AuxEngineTime=300
AuxEngineVerbosity=3

System: Windows 10 Home 64 bit
CPU : 6-Cores ; 12-Threads ; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H @ 2.60GHz 15,9 GB
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB

Level tournament :  Blitz 3'+2"
Ponder off,  book off
Openings are from draws between TCEC superfinal seasons 20-21 (up to 8moves),
3-4-5-6 piece Syzygy  TB
each game repeated with colors reversed

Lc0 with A/B Helper - Page 2 3210

more_horiz
I test such simple positions where the solution is to mate in a few moves:

3k4/8/4K3/2R5/8/8/8/8 w - - 0 1
1k6/7R/2K5/8/8/8/8/8 w - - 0 1

The engine solves the first one and crashes on the second one. This is probably some extreme case that was not anticipated.

more_horiz
I also noticed the program hanging after the end of each test.

more_horiz
*each set of tests

Every position in the test set is analyzed / solved without a problem.

more_horiz
On my computer, the February 2 version runs more stable than the February 14 version. The latter does not want to solve the tests at all.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum