Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionCompiling chess Engines! help Windows EmptyCompiling chess Engines! help Windows

more_horiz
Is there a guide or something similaar that will help me in this Processs im a beginner in all this so i would apreciate some help to some links or tutorials how to compile chess engines, even how to make android builds thumb up

descriptionCompiling chess Engines! help Windows EmptyRe: Compiling chess Engines! help Windows

more_horiz

descriptionCompiling chess Engines! help Windows EmptyRe: Compiling chess Engines! help Windows

more_horiz
Jorge91 thanks video, how can i compile brainlearn and shashchess with live book support?

more_horiz
funna wrote:
Jorge91 thanks video, how can i compile brainlearn and shashchess with live book support?

The compiler to be used to compile BrainLearn and any other engine using the LiveBook (like previous versions of SugaR) is the following one, although its GCC is not updated:

mediafire.com file/23k0rsm59bt4z5j/MinGW.rar/file

Mirror: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjsoDWdm6IqDvDIALW3P-NFTKYre?e=VC5aHs

Set Environment Variables:

Add the C:\MinGW\mingw32\bin folder to your Windows Path variable.

Add the C:\MinGW\mingw64\bin folder to your Windows Path variable.

Reboot the PC

Then you can use these commands to compile:

32 bit compile command line:
mingw32-make -f MakeFile profile-build ARCH=x86-32 COMP=mingw
mingw32-make -f MakeFile profile-build ARCH=general-32 COMP=mingw
mingw32-make -f MakeFile profile-build ARCH=ppc-32 COMP=mingw

64 bit compile command line:
mingw32-make profile-build ARCH=x86-64 COMP=mingw CXX=x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ -j14
mingw32-make profile-build ARCH=general-64 COMP=mingw CXX=x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ -j14
mingw32-make profile-build ARCH=x86-64-modern COMP=mingw CXX=x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ -j14
mingw32-make profile-build ARCH=x86-64-bmi2 COMP=mingw CXX=x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ -j14
mingw32-make profile-build ARCH=ppc-64 COMP= CXX=x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ -j14

Last edited by jorge91 on Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing typos.)

more_horiz
Thank you very much!!
I will try that way... thumb up

more_horiz
funna wrote:
Thank you very much!!
I will try that way... thumb up

Did you succeed?

more_horiz
I'm having trouble with curl: Compiling chess Engines! help Windows Curler10
Would I need to download this separately?
Thank you.

more_horiz
I've told you: to compile ShashChess or BrainLearn you will need this compiler https://www.chess2u.com/t17917-compiling-chess-engines-help-windows#113311 and not MSYS2.

From the fonts I see on your image I see that you are using MSYS2, wrong. MSYS2 has to be used on engines not using the LiveBook: Stockfish, Cfish, CorChess, Honey and hundred others.

funna wrote:
I'm having trouble with curl:  Compiling chess Engines! help Windows Curler10
Would I need to download this separately?
Thank you.

more_horiz
Ok, thanks.

more_horiz
Now perfect compiling thumb up

Compiling chess Engines! help Windows Shashc10

Jorge91 Thank you very much

more_horiz
In order to change the name of the engine to a chosen one on Stockfish-based engines you must make this change on the misc.cpp or misc.c file:

Code:

ss << "Stockfish " << Version << setfill('0');

if (Version.empty())
  {
      date >> month >> day >> year;
      ss << setw(2) << day << setw(2) << (1 + months.find(month) / 4) << year.substr(2);
  }

ss << (to_uci  ? "\nid author ": " by ")
     << "the Stockfish developers (see AUTHORS file";

to:

Code:

ss << "NewNameOfYourEngine" << setfill('0');

ss << (to_uci  ? "\nid author ": " by ")
     << "AuthorOfTheEngine";

more_horiz
Thank you again thumb up

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum