Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Anton101 wrote:
Just follow the engine...https://www.facebook.com/Motores-de-ajedrez-AC-112015897649644

Regards;


Thank u Anton 👍

Now I got a li'l bit confused here about how to activiated the LEARNING system in the engine's menu option

I mean which box I have to check ?
1.  Read only learning ?
2.  Self Q learning ?
3. Or both of them ?

And should I check the conccurent experiemce box either ?

This engine has so many options about learning system, not like Sugar where we could just simply check the EXP FILE box.. so I got a li'l bit lost here .. lol..

Thank's for anyone who's kind to help me about this issues..

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
Hi Alex,
What's the strenght of Proteus JB 007 without book against the others, have you done a test.
It's seem that the best way to create a book based on Proteus, it's to create his own book based on his games against the others.
Kayra 1.1 bin was created like this. And if you have don't use it already, i can assure you that's a very very strong book.

Friendly, Sékou


Thank you for the info. I can try, but which book (or no book) for the others? I could add Solista-Eduard's Kayra 1.1.bin for Mehmet's engine.
I think that Kayra 1.3 is stronger than Stockfish at least against ProteusSF and I want to train my engine against it  smile

Kind regards, Alex


The others programs can use book or no, because the goal it's to see the real strenght of Proteus, what opening it's better for him.

Use another book, will influence the real playing style of the engine.

In that case, at the end of another book used, it's as the engine awaked and find a problem to solve.

Perhaps that himself will never play this line of move, if you see the idea.

Every engine must have a book based on his own playing style.

Thanks again for this incredible release.

Friendly, Sékou.

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Sekou82 wrote:
AlexChess wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
Hi Alex,
What's the strenght of Proteus JB 007 without book against the others, have you done a test.
It's seem that the best way to create a book based on Proteus, it's to create his own book based on his games against the others.
Kayra 1.1 bin was created like this. And if you have don't use it already, i can assure you that's a very very strong book.

Friendly, Sékou


Thank you for the info. I can try, but which book (or no book) for the others? I could add Solista-Eduard's Kayra 1.1.bin for Mehmet's engine.
I think that Kayra 1.3 is stronger than Stockfish at least against ProteusSF and I want to train my engine against it  smile

Kind regards, Alex


The others programs can use book or no, because the goal it's to see the real strenght of Proteus, what opening it's better for him.

Use another book, will influence the real playing style of the engine.

In that case, at the end of another book used, it's as the engine awaked and find a problem to solve.

Perhaps that himself will never play this line of move, if you see the idea.

Every engine must have a book based on his own playing style.

Thanks again for this incredible release.

Friendly, Sékou.


Since you think exactly like me about the importance of letting engines find their way, I will start a long match Proteus no book versus Kayra 1.3 + Solista Kayra1.1.bin book, then ask your suggestions on how to use all the pgn games to build a pondered Proteus book smile

Kind regards, Alex

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
AlexChess wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
Hi Alex,
What's the strenght of Proteus JB 007 without book against the others, have you done a test.
It's seem that the best way to create a book based on Proteus, it's to create his own book based on his games against the others.
Kayra 1.1 bin was created like this. And if you have don't use it already, i can assure you that's a very very strong book.

Friendly, Sékou


Thank you for the info. I can try, but which book (or no book) for the others? I could add Solista-Eduard's Kayra 1.1.bin for Mehmet's engine.
I think that Kayra 1.3 is stronger than Stockfish at least against ProteusSF and I want to train my engine against it  smile

Kind regards, Alex


The others programs can use book or no, because the goal it's to see the real strenght of Proteus, what opening it's better for him.

Use another book, will influence the real playing style of the engine.

In that case, at the end of another book used, it's as the engine awaked and find a problem to solve.

Perhaps that himself will never play this line of move, if you see the idea.

Every engine must have a book based on his own playing style.

Thanks again for this incredible release.

Friendly, Sékou.


Since you think exactly like me about the importance of letting engines find their way, I will start a long match Proteus no book versus Kayra 1.3 + Solista Kayra1.1.bin book, then ask your suggestions on how to use all the pgn games to build a pondered Proteus book smile

Kind regards, Alex


Thanks, this's very nice.
No problem i'm here. This will be awesome.

Friendly, Sékou

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Zippo wrote:
Anton101 wrote:
Just follow the engine...https://www.facebook.com/Motores-de-ajedrez-AC-112015897649644

Regards;


Thank u Anton 👍

Now I got a li'l bit confused here about how to activiated the LEARNING system in the engine's menu option

I mean which box I have to check ?
1.  Read only learning ?
2.  Self Q learning ?
3. Or both of them ?

And should I check the conccurent experiemce box either ?



This engine has so many options about learning system, not like Sugar where we could just simply check the EXP FILE box.. so I got a li'l bit lost here .. lol..

Thank's for anyone who's kind to help me about this issues..


On Chess for Android I check only Concurrent Experience

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 WSY7aAuh

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 BQrf9r47

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Do you need to include embedded networks with every release? It inflates your download size when you could just use the engine as exe and an external net (not to mention less overhead when you use a non-default net).

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Sekou82 wrote:
AlexChess wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
AlexChess wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
Hi Alex,
What's the strenght of Proteus JB 007 without book against the others, have you done a test.
It's seem that the best way to create a book based on Proteus, it's to create his own book based on his games against the others.
Kayra 1.1 bin was created like this. And if you have don't use it already, i can assure you that's a very very strong book.

Friendly, Sékou


Thank you for the info. I can try, but which book (or no book) for the others? I could add Solista-Eduard's Kayra 1.1.bin for Mehmet's engine.
I think that Kayra 1.3 is stronger than Stockfish at least against ProteusSF and I want to train my engine against it  smile

Kind regards, Alex


The others programs can use book or no, because the goal it's to see the real strenght of Proteus, what opening it's better for him.

Use another book, will influence the real playing style of the engine.

In that case, at the end of another book used, it's as the engine awaked and find a problem to solve.

Perhaps that himself will never play this line of move, if you see the idea.

Every engine must have a book based on his own playing style.

Thanks again for this incredible release.

Friendly, Sékou.


Since you think exactly like me about the importance of letting engines find their way, I will start a long match Proteus no book versus Kayra 1.3 + Solista Kayra1.1.bin book, then ask your suggestions on how to use all the pgn games to build a pondered Proteus book smile

Kind regards, Alex


Thanks, this's very nice.
No problem i'm here. This will be awesome.

Friendly, Sékou


I cannot find Kayra 1.1.bin book anymore. Seems that Eduard-Solista removed it from everywhere. Do you have it and can I use it for my tests on he want that only Mehmet use it privately? I start the match without books for both wink

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
AlexChess wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
AlexChess wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
Hi Alex,
What's the strenght of Proteus JB 007 without book against the others, have you done a test.
It's seem that the best way to create a book based on Proteus, it's to create his own book based on his games against the others.
Kayra 1.1 bin was created like this. And if you have don't use it already, i can assure you that's a very very strong book.

Friendly, Sékou


Thank you for the info. I can try, but which book (or no book) for the others? I could add Solista-Eduard's Kayra 1.1.bin for Mehmet's engine.
I think that Kayra 1.3 is stronger than Stockfish at least against ProteusSF and I want to train my engine against it  smile

Kind regards, Alex


The others programs can use book or no, because the goal it's to see the real strenght of Proteus, what opening it's better for him.

Use another book, will influence the real playing style of the engine.

In that case, at the end of another book used, it's as the engine awaked and find a problem to solve.

Perhaps that himself will never play this line of move, if you see the idea.

Every engine must have a book based on his own playing style.

Thanks again for this incredible release.

Friendly, Sékou.


Since you think exactly like me about the importance of letting engines find their way, I will start a long match Proteus no book versus Kayra 1.3 + Solista Kayra1.1.bin book, then ask your suggestions on how to use all the pgn games to build a pondered Proteus book smile

Kind regards, Alex


Thanks, this's very nice.
No problem i'm here. This will be awesome.

Friendly, Sékou


I cannot find Kayra 1.1.bin book anymore. Seems that Eduard-Solista removed it from everywhere. Do you have it and can I use it for my tests on he want that only Mehmet use it privately? I start the match without books for both wink
Your engine is a big pile of junk!!! test it the position from my side - does not see the solution only win black. sad
https://gienekole.wixsite.com/solidor

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
Zippo wrote:
Anton101 wrote:
Just follow the engine...https://www.facebook.com/Motores-de-ajedrez-AC-112015897649644

Regards;


Thank u Anton 👍

Now I got a li'l bit confused here about how to activiated the LEARNING system in the engine's menu option

I mean which box I have to check ?
1.  Read only learning ?
2.  Self Q learning ?
3. Or both of them ?

And should I check the conccurent experiemce box either ?



This engine has so many options about learning system, not like Sugar where we could just simply check the EXP FILE box.. so I got a li'l bit lost here .. lol..

Thank's for anyone who's kind to help me about this issues..


On Chess for Android I check only Concurrent Experience

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 WSY7aAuh

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 BQrf9r47


Hi Alex thank's for the tip.. but Im using Droidfish here, so I guess tit's just the same as CFA right ?

( check only conccurent box )

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Yes only concurrent learning

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Edit

Last edited by deeds on Thu May 26, 2022 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
AlexChess wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
AlexChess wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
Hi Alex,
What's the strenght of Proteus JB 007 without book against the others, have you done a test.
It's seem that the best way to create a book based on Proteus, it's to create his own book based on his games against the others.
Kayra 1.1 bin was created like this. And if you have don't use it already, i can assure you that's a very very strong book.

Friendly, Sékou


Thank you for the info. I can try, but which book (or no book) for the others? I could add Solista-Eduard's Kayra 1.1.bin for Mehmet's engine.
I think that Kayra 1.3 is stronger than Stockfish at least against ProteusSF and I want to train my engine against it  smile

Kind regards, Alex


The others programs can use book or no, because the goal it's to see the real strenght of Proteus, what opening it's better for him.

Use another book, will influence the real playing style of the engine.

In that case, at the end of another book used, it's as the engine awaked and find a problem to solve.

Perhaps that himself will never play this line of move, if you see the idea.

Every engine must have a book based on his own playing style.

Thanks again for this incredible release.

Friendly, Sékou.


Since you think exactly like me about the importance of letting engines find their way, I will start a long match Proteus no book versus Kayra 1.3 + Solista Kayra1.1.bin book, then ask your suggestions on how to use all the pgn games to build a pondered Proteus book smile

Kind regards, Alex


Thanks, this's very nice.
No problem i'm here. This will be awesome.

Friendly, Sékou


I cannot find Kayra 1.1.bin book anymore. Seems that Eduard-Solista removed it from everywhere. Do you have it and can I use it for my tests on he want that only Mehmet use it privately? I start the match without books for both wink


Hi Alex,

I will send you Kayra 1.1 bin

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Alex,

This's Kayra 1.1 bin link

https://pixeldrain.com/u/ttJKX5jw

Enjoy

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
ChessFan1 wrote:
 I agree 100%, the only thing I can add is that for testing the engine for strength / elo gain, it is best to use one book for example 8_moves_V3, it is very hard to get elo gain with it, but, if you got elo gain - it will be real for sure, with other books like UHO the elo gain will be even more. Also a chess engine need to be tested with at least 2 different time controls. Yep, this require a lot of time and resources, but it is the only guaranteed way.


We are in agreement.

You have to remember one thing though; most of these people are inexperienced when it comes to source modification/compiling binaries (and maybe, hex-editing other peoples' engines, too). You understand. Mehmet and dorsz understand.  But many are just learning. They do not have an understanding of C or C++, so they can only do so much. Not like Marco, Khaild or Norman (Kranium). The newbies are very enthusiastic and want to win, regardless of their erroneous methods. LOL!

You have been around the fora forever (I remember you over at immortalchess.net - not sure if you were at wap.immortal223.borda.ru), so I can understand your irritation. Sometimes, one must learn to indulge the absurd. But this can be a real challenge, sometimes. . . razz

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:


April 17, 2022 - ProteusSF JBE 007 RELEASED for Windows x64, Android and Mac Silicon M1!

DOWNLOAD IT HERE : bit.ly 3HLexsP

SSE41-popcnt is defective engine, it has wrong bench, you are not even checking the engines before upload them.
Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 Wrong-bench

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Zippo wrote:


Now I got a li'l bit confused here about how to activiated the LEARNING system in the engine's menu option

I mean which box I have to check ?
1.  Read only learning ?
2.  Self Q learning ?
3. Or both of them ?

And should I check the conccurent experiemce box either ?

This engine has so many options about learning system, not like Sugar where we could just simply check the EXP FILE box.. so I got a li'l bit lost here .. lol..

Thank's for anyone who's kind to help me about this issues..


If you want the engine to add experience during your game, leave the Read only Learning box unchecked.

Self Q Learning should be used for self play (Proteus v Proteus).
Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 Sq10

If I understand this correctly, Concurrent Experience should be used if you are using concurrency in GUIs such as CuteChess or Banksia and you are having issues. If you are using Android and not using concurrency, I see no value to using this.
Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 Bl10

(screenshots taken from the BrainLearn GitHub)

Code:

https://github.com/amchess/BrainLearn

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Thank u so much Sarona and also Alex for the useful tips..

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
@zippo and other chess friends here: if are not playing more than 1 concurrent game against your opponents you don't check this option and also all the others IN EVERY GUI, so it's even simpler, learning is enabled by default

Kind regards, Alex

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 WKp677as

Please Chessfan1-Skynet-135657-Aleksey-Alex stop posting in this topic!

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 5jkiXT1H

Also your username has been PERMANENTY BANNED from all my topics and specially on BanksiaGui forum where I'm moderator. Lookily I read your hostile comments only if someone comments your posts, since you are on my foes list with other Outskirts admins.

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 PhpQE5aEu

And I'm really sorry for MZ that is a nice guy and expressed his disappoint to me leaving HIS forum (I was

there to thank him for SugaR Project and learn from some ultra-skilled members like Archimedes and Ipman).

Here I have a lot of chess friends (most of them coming from Outskirts) and they are all welcome!

PS: For next tests I will use Stockfish Polyglot last versions from Massimiliano Goi and official Stockfish-dev latest builds.

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Sekou82 wrote:
Alex,

This's Kayra 1.1 bin link

https://pixeldrain.com/u/ttJKX5jw

Enjoy


Thank you! Eduard Solista is a good and skilled friend smile

Kind regards, Alex

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Edit

Last edited by deeds on Thu May 26, 2022 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
EPIC BATTLE AGAINST MY DEAR FRIEND'S MEHMET KARAMAN KAYRA 1.3
TCEC 21 NOOMEN SELECT - 100 GAMES SWITCHING COLORS FOR A FAIR MATCH
MAC M1 6.5 Mn/s - Tablebases Syzygy 6 MAN - LEARNING ENABLED

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 V2uGhiTX

ALL 100 GAMES IN PGN: https://pixeldrain.com/u/F9DNFEt8

Just repeating the match using Eduard-Solista's Kayra 1.1.bin book
(no book for ProteusSF JBE 007) to study customized books influence on results.

I'll train future 008 against Kayra 1.4 since against ProteusSF it is the stronger opponent and v006 had issues against it smile

Kind regards, Alex

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
EPIC BATTLE AGAINST MY DEAR FRIEND'S MEHMET KARAMAN KAYRA 1.3
TCEC 21 NOOMEN SELECT - 100 GAMES SWITCHING COLORS FOR A FAIR MATCH
MAC M1 6.5 Mn/s - Tablebases Syzygy 6 MAN - LEARNING ENABLED


Kind regards, Alex


Sorry again, the book was dorsz DOTS4 unbalanced

I'm doing 4 tests together on PC, Mac and Android, difficult to remember all settings and I can check the book only while restarting a new tournament on BanksiaGUI, while on Chess2U I cannot edit my posts redface

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
Alex,

This's Kayra 1.1 bin link

https://pixeldrain.com/u/ttJKX5jw

Enjoy


Thank you! Eduard Solista is a good and skilled friend smile

Kind regards, Alex

Thanks, that's true 😊

Friendly, Sékou

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
@zippo and other chess friends here: if are not playing more than 1 concurrent game against your opponents you don't check this option and also all the others IN EVERY GUI, so it's even simpler, learning is enabled by default

Kind regards, Alex


Okay Alex... but what if I played against an opponent one at the time over and over by randomly ? Like in the chess online sites ? As u knew if we went to chess online sites, then we must be playing against many random opponent
Eventhough only in one game per opponent

Should I check the conccurent box ?

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 6 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum