Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 2 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
ALL PGN GAMES: https://pixeldrain.com/u/RbtWjcSF

And it's a bullet 1+1 not a blitz 3+2 smile

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 2 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Good afternoon AlexChess, I keep testing your engine “proteusv005” and I continue to be disappointed with its performance against other programs, the best result is always a draw, but I often end up losing the match, I only play 20-minute matches on the “ flyordie ” website, the “ proteus ” has capacity for 4 opening books, but the problem is in finding 4 good opening books in binary format ( . bin ), all the books I found are small and weak for free, the “ proteus ” it's like a revolver without bullets, it just has the neural network which is the same in all current " engines " "SF PB" "KAIRA" etc.

more_horiz
Today I release ProteusChessSF v006. Opening books are very important, now I'm using DOTS4 and TCEC 7 PGN books switching colors for each position with good results (read next message)

King regards, Alex

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
Today I release ProteusChessSF v006. Opening books are very important, now I'm using DOTS4 and TCEC 7 PGN books switching colors for each position with good results (read next message)

King regards, Alex

I can't wait to see Proteus V006 ( Android )
It's must stronger than V005..

God job Alex 👍

more_horiz
Proteus Chess SF v006 final tests before releasing it.

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 2 PokerTournament

Running Blitz 3 mins + 2 secs 4 Top engines on Ryzen 9 3900x 18 Mn/s

Main blitz using DOTS4 PGN UNBALANCED test suite by dorsz to have much less draws, repeating each position with reverse colors. Do the same for reliable results!

Last updates:
CorChess vs Proteus 23.5-24.5  (TCEC 7 book 30 min + 5 secs on Android 500 kn/s)
SF220323 vs Proteus 22.5-22.5  (TCEC 7 book 30 min + 5 secs on Android 500 kn/s)
Proteus vs Fat Titz 2   61.5-61.5  (DOTS 4 book 3 min + 2 secs on Mac M1 6.5 Mn/s)

Please, on your test report also how many positions Proteus calculates on starting position. It is different a blitz  3+2 on a Core i5 or on a Ryzen 9 5950 smile

Kind regards, Alex

more_horiz
Zippo wrote:
AlexChess wrote:

King regards, Alex

God job Alex 👍

Proteus Chess SF v006 Android: https://pixeldrain.com/u/ePQ9pGMW

more_horiz
Arena AVX2 Blitz 18-22 Mn/s 24 Threads - DOTS4 PGN openings test suite UNBALANCED
(every position repeated with reverse colors) to avoid draws

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 2 Y4mW6zrE_pul7OBT81d-A1xBlPx4in2fT8u0wskSf8nKueUAGuWc_JR1prIIp5JvDdmg2qbuv5ag3ED9yvdUCIfHEZnGr1LS-TxgYW08BYbDLB44j_I7GpFaf9coUGeNebitQudmqvRXu3EqOGRXrwgiZtzvPhLvKIYJdWnUbycqX2qqGNH17UTapFF7a2KSXaDJwIa3INAKflYIsPCIroUegE-9MXXcrB1Detbkwzwn4s?encodeFailures=1&width=435&height=134

ALL 108 GAMES IN PGN:
https://pixeldrain.com/u/PZWkVGzN

My brother is returned and wants his PC Ryzen 9 3900x back bigsmile

@Oliprog it would be nice if you can setup an ALL TOP ENGINES tournament including AI and Zeus
(...Fisherov, Raubfisch and Eman to see how private engines are strong compared to GPLv3 compliants  cool )

Best regards, Alex

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
Zippo wrote:
AlexChess wrote:

King regards, Alex

God job Alex 👍

Proteus Chess SF v006 Android: https://pixeldrain.com/u/ePQ9pGMW

Thank u so much Alex 👍👍

more_horiz
Thanks for V006 !

FWIW ,  I couldn't DL  the windows file with my Chrome or Firefox browsers ,  but my Edge browser had no problems .... thumb up

more_horiz
Jack Straw wrote:
Thanks for V006 !

FWIW ,  I couldn't DL  the windows file with my Chrome or Firefox browsers ,  but my Edge browser had no problems ....   thumb up

Microsoft Onedrive seems to have issues if you doesn't have an account... I download it fine with Chrome, but not on Android rolleyes

Switching to Pixeldrain, but I don't know if links expire after some days with a free account.

Best regards, Alex

more_horiz
https://pixeldrain.com/u/35wrW9ko Alternative link Windows & M1. Thanks Alex, great work !!

more_horiz
Opening books used by me for Proteus Chess SF testing:

-TCEC 7 PGN book (306 balanced positions for 2014 TOP expensive hardware) ...after 8 years they are OK for consumer hardware.
-DOTS4 PGN | FEN | EPD opening test suite by dorsz 200 unbalanced positions to avoid draws (play always repeating each game with reverse colors!)
-8moves_v3.pgn | bin balanced positions (one of the official books used by Stockfish Team)

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://pixeldrain.com/u/uXH6wQT1

more_horiz
This new version of "proteusv006" for windows has no more options for installing opening books ??? I installed AVX2 version but without opening books this program is extremely weak !!!!

more_horiz
Yes, polyglot support is missing.

I went to compile the source included with the v006 binaries, but the source is for v005. mad

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 2 Ffff11

Just checked with WinMerge. The source included is for v005.

more_horiz
Corrected all the zip files. All binaries luckily are OK (ProteusChessSF v006) I have forgot to replace sources creating the files with Stockfish attribution and thanks.

more_horiz
maestro777 wrote:
This new version of "proteusv006" for windows has no more options for installing opening books ??? I installed AVX2 version but without opening books this program is extremely weak !!!!

Yes, it is based on latest official Stockfish-dev without Polyglot (20% faster) . Every GUI I have can use PGN | EPD | FEN books and someone has also Polyglot .bin. Using PGN books, playing each position with both color is the right way to test engines, according to most experts.

But if you want I can make an android build with Polyglot in few days.

Regards, Alex

more_horiz
sarona wrote:

I went to compile the source included with the v006 binaries, but the source is for v005. mad

So this means it turns out that the engines were compiled according to the previous code from 005 ?!

more_horiz
Gmail wrote:
sarona wrote:

So this means it turns out that the engines were compiled according to the previous code from 005 ?!

No. Only the source files in the zip have to been updated since 005.

Best regards, Alex

more_horiz
Proteus Chess v006 Android Polyglot

for @Zippo and others using .bin books

(But I repeat: PGN books are better if you want to test an engine, and on unbalanced books repeat each position with reverse colors)

You can find PGN books on link above, suggested: TCEC 7 balanced or DOTS4 unbalanced for avoid draws.

send me all played games if you want that I improve Proteus Chess SF 007 (James Bond Edition smile )

https://pixeldrain.com/u/ZaDV7yVh

TCEC: I think that you can trust to their PGN books bigsmile https://tcec-chess.com/live.html

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
Proteus Chess v006 Android Polyglot

for @Zippo and others using .bin books

(But I repeat: PGN books are better if you want to test an engine, and on unbalanced books repeat each position with reverse colors)

You can find PGN books on link above, suggested: TCEC 7 balanced or DOTS4 unbalanced for avoid draws.

send me all played games if you want that I improve Proteus Chess SF 007 (James Bond Edition  smile )

https://pixeldrain.com/u/ZaDV7yVh

TCEC: I think that you can trust to their PGN books  bigsmile https://tcec-chess.com/live.html

How do you add books in pgn format so that they work, how to do it right (sample: screenshot or video)?

more_horiz
in Chess for Android 6.2.1 when you choose the 3th Tournament option 10 -> 100 -> All the games for both sides using external book, it ask you which one to use, opening the file manager. Put eg TCEC7.png in download folder and open from it. Then it continues asking which engines to use for the tournament.

PS: Remember to add NNUE in the same Proteus Chess SF v006 Polyglot folder.

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
in Chess for Android 6.2.1 when you choose the 3th Tournament option 10 -> 100 -> All the games for both sides using external book, it ask you which one to use, opening the file manager. Put eg TCEC7.png in download folder and open from it. Then it continues asking which engines to use for the tournament.

Thanks for the information, I think that it will not be superfluous for people who use smartphones, but I was more interested in a similar answer for Windows!?
Sorry for not clarifying right away.

more_horiz
Gmail wrote:
AlexChess wrote:

Thanks for the information, I think that it will not be superfluous for people who use smartphones, but I was more interested in a similar answer for Windows!?

Both Arena and BanksiaGUI let PGN openings. On BSG you must configure it using Openings option:
then check play all in sequence and switching sides. Test if it works with 1 minute match. Must replay the same opening on both sides.

Bin books do not let these advanced features.

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 2 M6Wr4oWR

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
Gmail wrote:
AlexChess wrote:

Both Arena and BanksiaGUI let PGN openings. On BSG you must configure it using Openings option:
then check play all in sequence and switching sides. Test if it works with 1 minute match. Must replay the same opening on both sides.

Tell me, can such lines be added to the engine code so that the engine can read the pgn format, as, for example, the engine reads books in the bin format — so people could use not only bin books, but also their pgn databases?

more_horiz
Gmail wrote:
AlexChess wrote:
Gmail wrote:
AlexChess wrote:

Tell me, can such lines be added to the engine code so that the engine can read the pgn format, as, for example, the engine reads books in the bin format — so people could use not only bin books, but also their pgn databases?

All could be done, but is better to leave books external not making too huge the binary (it become slower)

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum