Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 11 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Halcyon wrote:
AlexChess wrote:

this is the download link for version 007 and I asked for version 008

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 11 7zsw93n2

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 11 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Why advertise if the engine is not available?

more_horiz
Sorry ...Announcing lol Here I can only preview, not modify or delete posts and with all links and images to insert is difficult not to make glitches and errors. I'm also thinking do add ProteusSF best games (if any wink) on dynamic chessboards to review them to analyse them with you, but I will link posts on another forum because here even this option isn't available. rolleyes

more_horiz
Halcyon wrote:
Why advertise if the engine is not available?

To share development games and positions tests (EXP) , suggestions and requests with friends? smile

more_horiz
thumb up

more_horiz
ProteusSF EXP 008 + ProteusTournBook.bin vs Polyfish 220507 + Perfect2021.bin 50-50
Android 8 CPUs 400 KN/s TC: 10 mins + 2 secs / All

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 11 AaFVmvCP

ALL PGN GAMES: https://pixeldrain.com/u/Y3LCsuJy

Good result because is the first learning run and Polyfish 220507 by Omar Khalid is the latest Stockfish-dev + Polyglot with a newer net than ProteusSF EXP 008

more_horiz
Halcyon wrote:
When will the new Proteus 008 engine be available?

I hope at the beginning of June. Time is needed to let to the learning algorythm to expand Proteus Knowledge, or will be too similar to

ProteusSF 007.

more_horiz
Zippo wrote:
AlexChess wrote:
INTERMEZZO ProteusSF EXP 008 vs Zahak 10.0 UNOFFICIAL Archimedes build

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 11 15nm8bs2

62 PGN GAMES: https://pixeldrain.com/u/YQKzvmX9

Sadly it crashes very often even with Snapdragon 870 (used because it's written in GO and calculateS very few KN/s and since my personal smartphone becomes very hot using all 8 CPUs, I fear to damage the battery and I stop the test. These are the complete games, only 3 draws by Zahak 10.0 until now.

Hi Alex juat want to inform u that to avoid overheat on ur smartphone during the hard working ( as 8 cpu running in the same time ) then u might want to use a coller ( peltier )

I did that everytime Im playing online chess in many server and never had any issues even once about overheating..
If u need the online shoping to buy it then I can give u one
Just let me know..

Regards

Thank you, but the 2 Android smartphones that I use only for tests are a 6 year old Xiaomi Redmi 4 Snapdragon 626 and a 3 year old Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Snapdragon 660 with batteries that keep only 20% of power and always connected to the usb adapter.
If they burns I can accept it. The new one is a Realme GT Neo 2 Snapdragon 870 very fast yjat I want to keep for at least for 3 more years smile

more_horiz
Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 11 GbFM9iHU

ALL PGN GAMES UNTIL NOW: https://pixeldrain.com/u/pptqAMjV

UPDATE 3 FOR MY FRIENDS REQUESTING A MATCH AGAINST DEEP BLUE  smile

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
Zippo wrote:
AlexChess wrote:
INTERMEZZO ProteusSF EXP 008 vs Zahak 10.0 UNOFFICIAL Archimedes build

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 11 15nm8bs2

62 PGN GAMES: https://pixeldrain.com/u/YQKzvmX9

Sadly it crashes very often even with Snapdragon 870 (used because it's written in GO and calculateS very few KN/s and since my personal smartphone becomes very hot using all 8 CPUs, I fear to damage the battery and I stop the test. These are the complete games, only 3 draws by Zahak 10.0 until now.

Hi Alex juat want to inform u that to avoid overheat on ur smartphone during the hard working ( as 8 cpu running in the same time ) then u might want to use a coller ( peltier )

I did that everytime Im playing online chess in many server and never had any issues even once about overheating..
If u need the online shoping to buy it then I can give u one
Just let me know..

Regards

Thank you, but the 2 Android smartphones that I use only for tests are a 6 year old Xiaomi Redmi 4 Snapdragon 626 and a 3 year old  Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Snapdragon 660 with batteries that keep only 20% of power and always connected to the usb adapter.
If they burns I can accept it. The new one is a Realme GT Neo 2 Snapdragon 870 very fast yjat I want to keep for at least for 3 more years smile

Then u can use the Cooler for ur Realme GT Neo 2 as I always used also to my Samsung M31

Just in case someday ur gonna make ur SD 870 to work so hard more than normal..

Btw just in case ur gonna need it, here's the OL Shop link of the Best Peltier Cooler for Android ( at this moment )
along with it's prize

https://www.tokopedia.com/888/x12-portable-tablet-cooler-game-cooling-fan-semiconductor-pendingin-hp

more_horiz
deeds wrote:
A trained engine :
- 500 games by opening where the engine showed weaknesses. Use few opponents that have a learning feature.
- lost games analyzed at 10min/ply when the average game's duration is about 10min, 1hr/ply when 1hr/game, etc.
- avoid q-learning at learning when you don't use q-learning at tourney else the experience data are worst than default engine. Q-learning needs thousands games by opening, it learns very very slow.

@deeds Saved a PGN file with all games lost by ProteusSF EXP 008 and now playing again all these games in sequence 30 mins + 5 secs / all
instead of blitz. Is this correct?

Where must I cut the games to let the engine start calculating?
Now I have removed all the moves after 20, when the evaluation is still good. Is it ok?

PS to all my friends: I have a new friend here: Marco Zerbinati!!!! smile

Thank you in advance, Alex

more_horiz
When you analyze lost games, your engine need to understand which moves aren't the best and what sort of endgames they bring. Fixed time per move is the key else the engine could miss them again and again.

more_horiz
ProteusSF EXP 008 finally leads +1 against Deep Blue!

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 11 BnGwva6v

ALL 72 PGN GAMES UNTIL NOW: https://pixeldrain.com/u/ZCodYEni

DYNAMIC CHESSBOARD WITH WIN GAME HERE

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
ProteusSF EXP 008 finally leads +1 against Deep Blue!

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 11 BnGwva6v

ALL 72 PGN GAMES UNTIL NOW: https://pixeldrain.com/u/ZCodYEni

DYNAMIC CHESSBOARD WITH WIN GAME HERE

Woww.. good job Alex..
Keep it up

Now u have my full atention on every single progress
Best luck buddy

more_horiz
deeds wrote:
When you analyze lost games, your engine need to understand which moves aren't the best and what sort of endgames they bring. Fixed time per move is the key else the engine could miss them again and again.

OK I'll do that since next on Mac or Windows learning run, this one is on Chess for Android 8 CPUs 400 Kn/s Proteus average depth 31/45. Since it plays only chess (smartphone cinnected to adapter is almost unusable for every other task) search depth is pretty consistent.

more_horiz
Yes you should because at analyzing games, a "D31 as an average depth on 8 smartphone threads" it means nothing to me.

Here i use 36 "xeon" threads at 10min/move because i use 40 threads on tourneys at 3m+2s so the average game duration is about 10 min/game. And i got an average depth around D68 :
Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 11 V4TtZYi

Last edited by deeds on Fri May 13, 2022 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
deeds wrote:
Yes you should because at analyzing games, a "D31 as an average depth on 8 smartphone threads" it means nothing to me.

Here i use 36 "xeon" threads at 10min/move because i use 40 threads on tourneys at 3m+2s so the average game duration is about 10 min/game. And i got an average depth around D68 :

Wow D68 is stunning! Until now 6 games / 13x2 losses (repeating same position for black & white or must I play only on 1 side?) all drawn..

more_horiz
D68 is an "upper average" depth because Eman analyzed only 3 295 moves (including mat scores).
But if i check my database, without mat scores, i got an average depth around D56 after 39 419 analyzed moves.

more_horiz
After 85 games Deep Blue wins his first game against ProteusSF EXP 008! 42.5-42.5

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 11 ZsYrxeai

ALL 85 GAMES UNTIL NOW: https://pixeldrain.com/u/dpVZRZeS

DYNAMIC CHESSBOARD OF THE GAME LOST

more_horiz
I find an almost 100% draw rate between two Stockfish versions as normal. Winning games will be very few.

more_horiz
Fire_Fox wrote:
I find an almost 100% draw rate between two Stockfish versions as normal. Winning games will be very few.

Since AI-25.5 and Zeus-25.5 have lost -4 against it, I'm happy until now.

@Deeds First learning run against all lost games: from -13 to -1 (repeating each position on reverse side, then 26 games played with Android 8 CPUs 400 Kn/s)

more_horiz
Dear friends,

I have a problem related tò ProteusSF EXP 008. Marco Zerbinati and Omar Khalid learning gestire Is so good that it has ost onlu a game against Deep Blue and now that has learned how tò win is playng too often the same opening winning every time...+ 3 until now 😂😂😂😂. I'm at the beach now but I Will sono post an with First 150 games so WE decide if I must continue the match

more_horiz
Proteus SF EXP 008 +3 against Deep Blue after 150 games

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 11 TK92MpUC

ALL 150 GAMES UNTIL NOW

I haven't still analyzed the games won, but they are all B00 (like the only one lost) and of different sizes.

For Deep Blue I'm using 8games_v3.bin and 2 old books: human.bin and one that I think is a Komodo.bin renamed,. I don't know is DB is using all 3 book , BEING A CLOSED SOURCE OF UNKNOWN AUTHOR rolleyes  If somebody gives me the companion books or a better book.bin I can still change them to make the match more interesting... wink

more_horiz
bin book = fixed move's choice during the whole tourney
exp file = dynamic move's choice during the game
Furthermore, the more games you play with experience against a bin book, the more flaws the experience will find.
if you change bin books, the experience learns other playing styles so it gets worse and worse for the bin book.

more_horiz
deeds wrote:
bin book = fixed move's choice during the whole tourney
exp file = dynamic move's choice during the game
Furthermore, the more games you play with experience against a bin book, the more flaws the experience will find.
if you change bin books, the experience learns other playing styles so it gets worse and worse for the bin book.

I agree,

but I'm also using PGN/EPG test suites like DOTS (switching sides for each position to compare results) and ERET to verify engine progresses.

Best regards, Alex

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum