Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Just released also Proteus Chess SF v006 Polyglot for who wan to test only .bin books smile

From now I will release official links only on Chess.com Because there I can freely update, modify and delete all, even 3 month later. Here I cannot fix my mistakes and on other forums I have only limited time to do it.

Kind regards to all my dear chess friends!

Alex

Proteus Chess SF v006 Polyglot for Windows, Android nd Mac M1

PS: Please, send my all your games with Proteus Chess SF, to make 007 James Bond Edition much better smile
(Note: It will not be released very soon)

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
Gmail wrote:
AlexChess wrote:
Gmail wrote:
AlexChess wrote:
in Chess for Android 6.2.1 when you choose the 3th Tournament option 10 -> 100 -> All the games for both sides using external book, it ask you which one to use, opening the file manager. Put eg TCEC7.png in download folder and open from it. Then it continues asking which engines to use for the tournament.

PS: Remember to add NNUE in the same Proteus Chess SF v006 Polyglot folder.

Thanks for the information, I think that it will not be superfluous for people who use smartphones, but I was more interested in a similar answer for Windows!?
Sorry for not clarifying right away.

Both Arena and BanksiaGUI let PGN openings. On BSG you must configure it using Openings option:
then check play all in sequence and switching sides. Test if it works with 1 minute match. Must replay the same opening on both sides.

Bin books do not let these advanced features.

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 M6Wr4oWR

Tell me, can such lines be added to the engine code so that the engine can read the pgn format, as, for example, the engine reads books in the bin format — so people could use not only bin books, but also their pgn databases?

All could be done, but is better to leave books external not making too huge the binary (it become slower)

Yes, but why can't it be done in the engine code so that you can substitute (externally like bin) additionally (or optionally) files in the pgn format❓
This would be a very nice breakthrough for a chess engine, and besides, you claim that more accurate tests are performed using the pgn format❗

more_horiz
Gmail wrote:
sarona wrote:
Yes, polyglot support is missing.

I went to compile the source included with the v006 binaries, but the source is for v005. mad

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 Ffff11

Just checked with WinMerge. The source included is for v005.

So this means it turns out that the engines were compiled according to the previous code from 005 ?!

No. It means that he included the source for v005 along with the v006 binaries by mistake.

more_horiz
I'm very happy of Proteus Chess SF v006 (no Polyglot version) results against TOP CorChess 3 220331 by I.Ivec!!

...Even on the weak Android Snapdragon 626 8 CPUs (500 Kn/s) using TCEC 7 pgn book swapping side for each position

30 mins + 5 secs /all (comparable at least to a blitz 3 + 2 on a mid range PC)

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 Ly8y6xqG

ALL PGN GAMES (PLAYED UNTIL NOW): https://pixeldrain.com/api/file/Ly8y6xqG

So, for 007 James Bond Edition update, I'll take all time I need to make it better wink

Best regards to all my friend!
Alessandro Morales
AlexChess

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/game-analysis/freeware-against-commercial-chess-software-arena-3-5-1-vs-chessbase-fritz-17?page=1

more_horiz
Proteus Chess SF v006 (no Polyglot version) against TOP CorChess 3 220331 PGN GAMES UNTIL NOW

https://pixeldrain.com/u/nHwxFiA5

more_horiz
TOP 11 Blitz 3 mins 2 secs / ALL on Mac M1 8 CPUs - TCEC7 openings book PGN - Tablebases Syzygy 6 man

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 DGHSw937

ALL PGN GAMES:
https://pixeldrain.com/u/bWocbisL

PLEASE SEND YOUR TOURNAMENTS WITH PROTEUS CHESS SF v006, BUT ONLY IF PGN GAMES AND HARWARE ARE INCLUDED

more_horiz
Started building Proteus 007 James Bond Edition with Proteus.exp!

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 E11RpeBz

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 Um9EgMyz

The name is related to the learning feature that remembers errors and "Never repeat them again"  cool

...Soon on your computers, smarphones and tablets  bigsmile

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:

The name is related to the learning feature that remembers errors and "Never repeat them again"  cool

Very important step(learning feature )Very important for a modern engine these days. It is my opinion.
Thanks

more_horiz
Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 GW7kPmdY

• Learning feature

• Polyglot support

• NNUE support

• MCTS support

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:

• Learning feature

• Polyglot support

• NNUE support

• MCTS support

LOGO COURTESY OF RACHEL DOUGHIE smile

more_horiz
link dowload pleas for Proteus Chess SF v007 thx.

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:

I can't wait to try it..
It' gonna be one hell of the engine

Thank's Alex 👍

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
AlexChess wrote:

• Learning feature

• Polyglot support

• NNUE support

• MCTS support

LOGO COURTESY OF RACHEL DOUGHIE smile

My daughter says "Thank You," Alex.

She has it printed out on her bedroom wall. Lol

more_horiz
Hi Alex! this is the link that announce your release in my FB page...The image of James bond edition is mine in this case...https://www.facebook.com/Motores-de-ajedrez-AC-112015897649644

Regards;

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
Proteus Chess SF v006 final tests before releasing it.

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 PokerTournament

Running Blitz 3 mins + 2 secs 4 Top engines on Ryzen 9 3900x 18 Mn/s

Main blitz using DOTS4 PGN UNBALANCED test suite by dorsz to have much less draws, repeating each position with reverse colors. Do the same for reliable results!

Last updates:
CorChess vs Proteus 23.5-24.5  (TCEC 7 book 30 min + 5 secs on Android 500 kn/s)
SF220323 vs Proteus 22.5-22.5  (TCEC 7 book 30 min + 5 secs on Android 500 kn/s)
Proteus vs Fat Titz 2   61.5-61.5  (DOTS 4 book 3 min + 2 secs on Mac M1 6.5 Mn/s)

Please, on your test report also how many positions Proteus calculates on starting position. It is different a blitz  3+2 on a Core i5 or on a Ryzen 9 5950 smile

Kind regards, Alex
Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 Test10

more_horiz
To who is already asking me a link for Proteus Chess SF v007, the current version is v006 released less than a week ago smile

Actually I'm fine tuning the dev version at 30 mins + 5 secs TC (comparable to a blitz on a medium level PC) in 100 games matches against the top 10 engines on Android 500 Kn/s  and 3 mins + 2 secs TC  on  Mac M1 6.5 Mn/s, using TCEC 20 & 21 Superfinal Noomen select, 50 PGN openings repeated with reverse colors, 8games_v3 PGN, DOTS4 (dorsz openings test suite unbalanced) and all books used by Oliprog, CEDR, Sylwy and Ghppn tournaments, with learing feature enabled (only on Mac and PC for now) . I'm uninterested by customized openings books matches calibrated to specific opponents, is the engine that must be improved and the book is used only to randomize games and verify the engine knowledge. The learning process requires a lot of time, so don't expect the new version tomorrow.

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 ByCS1ciS

ProteusSF 007 JBE is already doing very well compared to the very strong Blue Marlin 14.8 and ProteusChessSF v006. I will continue matches against Kayra 1.3, Swordfish 14.8 or newer, Corchess 2204xx, Brainlearn 16.1, Shashchess 20.1, Stockfish Polyglot latest and others. ALL GAMES USING PGN BOOKS REPEATING THE SAME POSITION WITH INVERSE COLORS, TO HAVE MORE RELIABLE RESULTS.

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 I3mxU4af

more_horiz
Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 FKvLqawR

TCEC 21 Joroen Noomen select. Each position played by the 2 sides. Test 1  on Mac M1 6.5 Mn/s 3 mins + 2 secs / All. Tablebases Syzygy 6 man.

ALL GAMES IN PGN : https://pixeldrain.com/u/SA3YKbjv

Next  matches will be gautlets of 100 games (50 positions repeated on 2 sides) vs Kayra and Stockfish, same openings.

Enjoy! smile

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 FKvLqawR

TCEC 21 Joroen Noomen select. Each position played by the 2 sides. Test 1  on Mac M1 6.5 Mn/s 3 mins + 2 secs / All. Tablebases Syzygy 6 man.

ALL GAMES IN PGN : https://pixeldrain.com/u/SA3YKbjv

Next  matches will be gautlets of 100 games (50 positions repeated on 2 sides) vs Kayra and Stockfish, same openings.

Enjoy! smile

Sorry, the book was TCEC 20 Jeroen Noomen select. Next will be TCEC 21 Jeroen Noomen select.

more_horiz
Just started the gauntlet Proteus SF JBE 007 against TOP SF derivatives!
TCEC 21 Jeroen Noomen select PGN book; 100 games  switching colors  
TC 3 mins + 2 secs / all. 24 threads on Ryzen 9 3900x 20 Mn/s  bigsmile

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 BgY3dN9v

more_horiz
Without adding sf14.1 here, we won't have a reference.
Without training Proteus on this opening's list, its learning feature is totally useless with 100 games by playing style (=100 games by opponent).
How do you avoid Proteus to set a great depth on a bad move in your experience file ?

more_horiz
PROTEUS SF JBE 007 vs SF PB 010422 vs KAYRA 1. 3 TCEC 21 GAUNTLET on MAC M1 6.5 Mn/s 3 mins + 2 secs / all TB 6 MAN

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 8xVb8MLq

ALL GAMES IN PGN: https://pixeldrain.com/u/vNriosFQ

As you can see on Kayra 1.3 results, repeating same position for both colors gives most reliable results. TCEC 21 Jeroen Noomen select superfinal critical positions are lost by both and the difference between all 3 engines is really minimal. The 2 games lost against SF PB are drawn against Kayra (thanks to learning? I must still check. Sunday 7:45 now)  wink  

Kind regards, Alex

more_horiz
deeds wrote:
Without adding sf14.1 here, we won't have a reference.
Without training Proteus on this opening's list, its learning feature is totally useless with 100 games by playing style (=100 games by opponent).
How do you avoid Proteus to set a great depth on a bad move in your experience file ?

Still learning me too smile (it's based on BrainLearn 16.1 this time)  If you have ideas they are greatly appreciated confused

I know, I would play thousand of games to obtain meaningful results, that's why I was investigating about sharing engine experience online between all instances of the same program. Until that I will play matches using all main test suites: TCEC 7 & Noomen supefinals 20-21, DOTS4, 8moves_v3.pgn and all openings like Perfect 2021, Manifest, SuperGM and so on....

more_horiz
In Greek mythology, Proteus (/ˈproʊtiəs, -tjuːs/;[1] Ancient Greek: Πρωτεύς, Prōteus) is an early prophetic sea-god or god of rivers and oceanic bodies of water, one of several deities whom Homer calls the "Old Man of the Sea" (hálios gérôn).[2] Some who ascribe a specific domain to Proteus call him the god of "elusive sea change", which suggests the constantly changing nature of the sea or the liquid quality of water. He can foretell the future, but, in a mytheme familiar to several cultures, will change his shape to avoid doing so; he answers only to those who are capable of capturing him. From this feature of Proteus comes the adjective protean, meaning "versatile", "mutable", or "capable of assuming many forms". "Protean" has positive connotations of flexibility, versatility and adaptability.

[Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proteus

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 Proteus-Alciato

Update against Swordfish 14.9 until now (TCEC 21 3 min + 2 secs Mac M1 6.5 Mn/s)

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 LzZaCw9X

more_horiz
EPIC BATTLE AGAINST SWORDFISH 14.9!

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 3 YhYBdppE

ALL PGN GAMES

more_horiz
ProteusSF 007 download link ?

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum