Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 30 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
COMPLETELY CHANGING MY TESTS:

Since I have verified that, disabling NNUE ProteusSF, Stockfish and every derivative is weaker than Dragon 3 and have almost the same strength than top original engines like Berserk 9 and Koivisto 8.13 (~50 ELO) I will test my improvements using only classical evaluation (NO NNUE) at different time controls starting from blitz. This way I'm sure that my progresses are related only to my mods and not to a generic Stockfish-dev Neural Network. And the challenge is against TOP original engines that play differently from Stockfish and derivatives and I can freely study their smart code that's able to compete against an engine made by a huge team of skilled developers!

If you are still interested even if I will not release ProteusSF Aurora 009, as always I publish all the tests here

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 30 >

Last edited by AlexChess on Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:22 pm; edited 11 times in total

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 30 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Ginkgo by Frank Schneider has won the World Chess Software Championship 2022 against Dragon and Leela Chess Zero! At least if Chessbase will publish it as Fritz 19 Neuronal, this time it will not be a rip-off and it will be a respected Stockfish challenger bigsmile

Chessengeria.com coverage of the event

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
COMPLETELY CHANGING MY TESTS:

Since I have verified that, disabling NNUE ProteusSF, Stockfish and every derivative have almost the same strength than top original engines like Dragon, Berserk 9 and Koivisto 8.13 (~50 ELO) I will test my improvements using only classical evaluation (NO NNUE) at different time controls starting from blitz. This way I'm sure that my progresses are related only to my mods and not to a generic Stockfish-dev Neural Network. And the challenge is against TOP original engines that play differently from Stockfish and derivatives and I can freely study their smart code that's able to compete against an engine made by a huge team of skilled developers!

If you are still interested even if I will not release ProteusSF Aurora 009, as always I publish all the tests here

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 30 >

I'm already doing this in my lately tests. I couldn't test experience because I'm not digging in some sharp deep lines. Experience may really helps in those sharp lines but I test engines simpler, for example my engines start after 1.d4 f5. I also realized that experience doesn't help much for winning the game. I believe experience helps the engine to hold "known" positions more against stronger engines. So, with NNUE, there isn't any stronger engine to test my theory with. This is the reason I'm testing the experience effect with classical evaluation.

Plus, my experience theory seems proven for me. I ran a rapid "run the gauntlet" for experienced Eman and Eman with experience disabled against Stockfish 15 with NNUE. Both Emans are classical. Experienced Eman scored a lot more draws than disabled Eman. Tests is still running.

more_horiz
Yes, EXPERIENCING by myself what others simply consider taboo (mixing exp) I have learned a lot and I can go ahead. It works but it requires a lot of computing time. Now I want to try other ways using Aurora for deep analysis tests only with classical evaluation and try to change the code creating 2 versions: tactical for problem solving studying Crystal and positional trying to solve actually impossible hard ERET and Talkchess positions. Probably both versions will be weaker than ProteusSF RBE 008b and 008c at least for months, so they will be not competitive in 300 games blitz matches with weak hardware and not optimized settings. I want also study with It in deep openings that I was playing years ago, like Reti. So I abandon blitz matches between derivatives and focus on long time controls. Since I haven't a powerful hardware I will test only the continually updated and unmodded @Sarona Stockfish Aurora as reference applying to it my ProteusSF Aurora 009 mods against few other top engines. Note: without NNUE and exp ProteusSF Is much faster!

more_horiz
From my friend Cyrill:

"Even latest Stockfish-dev without NNUE is much weaker than Dragon 3!"

I agree, changing classic evaluation values on derivatives is useless, I must change the code if I want try to really improve it!

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 30 Dragon3

ALL PGN GAMES

more_horiz
UPDATE 220728 ProteusSF.exp by @Igor for ProteusSF RBE 008b and 008c

more_horiz
How does one reduce the size of the experience file, to better suit the hardware?

more_horiz
Coz these experience files r huge, when the engine starts the entire gui or rather the pc freezes for a while n the gui closes

more_horiz
You must have all the PGN files. The size Is the issue that don't let me use EXP on my Windows 11 ARM64 virtual machine (too heavy)

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 30 EmptyProteusSF.exp

more_horiz
Correctly noticed - it hangs for a few seconds, but in the future, everything works fine.

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
Anton101 wrote:
Either way if you want ProteusSF to be private and for private use, thank you for your work.

Best regards.

@Anton101 Thank you. May I suggest as a friend to add also @Mark62 in the engine infos (inside the code) ? It's fair and important if you want to respect GPLv3 wink

I would prefer not to be mentioned among the authors of engines that are not mine
Thank you.

more_horiz
Mark62 wrote:
AlexChess wrote:
Anton101 wrote:
Either way if you want ProteusSF to be private and for private use, thank you for your work.

Best regards.

@Anton101 Thank you. May I suggest as a friend to add also @Mark62 in the engine infos (inside the code) ? It's fair and important if you want to respect GPLv3 wink

I would prefer not to be mentioned among the authors of engines that are not mine
Thank you.

Oh sorry, I was thinking the opposite

more_horiz
Released ProteusSF 220801 DEV based on latest Stockfish build without exp and Polyglot support (much faster than previous builds) instead of derivatives (that are always all weaker than updated Stockfish according to my tests  wink )

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

Note: I will answer to PM comments and requests about ProteusSF only on BanksiaGui ProteusSF DEV topic

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
Released ProteusSF 220801 DEV based on latest Stockfish build without exp and Polyglot support (much faster than previous builds) instead of derivatives (that are always all weaker than updated Stockfish according to my tests  wink )

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

Note: I will answer to PM comments and requests about ProteusSF only on BanksiaGui ProteusSF DEV topic

Hi Alex.. thank's for the engine..
But when I activated it in my Drpidfish, the pop up's name was SF 010822... and not ProteusSF 220801

Is this a normal thing to happen ?
Or did I missed something here ?
Thank u

more_horiz
Finally just a simple
Beautiful name(proteus) and a beautiful mind that finds the way without being disappointed from others negative words. Yes, that’s the way.
Best regards

more_horiz
Finally just a simple
Beautiful name(proteus) and a beautiful mind that finds the way without being disappointed from others negative words. Yes, that’s the way.
Best regards

more_horiz
Zippo wrote:
AlexChess wrote:

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

Hi Alex.. thank's for the engine..
But when I activated it in my Drpidfish, the pop up's name was SF 010822... and not ProteusSF 220801

Is this a normal thing to happen ?
Or did I missed something here ?
Thank u

Forgot to update the internal name on Android. Updated now. Same link and zip smile

more_horiz
Okay Alex.. thank u again for the confirm.. I giess I don't have to re-download it anymore, sinced it was still the same engine, only diffrents in the name.

Regards

more_horiz
Edit

Last edited by deeds on Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
deeds wrote:
@Mark62  @sarona
sheep wrote:
But when I activated it in my Droidfish, the pop up's name was SF 010822... and not ProteusSF 220801

sheep wrote:
I guess I don't have to re-download it anymore, sinced it was still the same engine, only diffrents in the name.

biggrin biggrin biggrin

Sneak peek from my preferred stalker, since he continues to read this topic.

Dear @deeds (or must I call you the man beyond a curtain who attacks everyone and that has been blocked everywhere by bored members? )  lol  Even if sheep was probably referring to the internal name, ProteusSF it's exactly the same engine Stockfish + little fine tunings, being based on Stockfish like StockfishMZ, Stockfish Aurora, Spectral, Kayra, Shashchess, BrainLearn, CorChess, Blue Marlin and Swordfish and  private-but-illegally-shared by-you Eman. Sarona already knows all since we exchange emails every day. Only exp feature has been removed because I've no money and with weak hardware it  only slows down the engine and playing thousand of games to train it is impossible for me.

I have simply added my silly mods to the latest version, since MZ has asked here to not insert his name in engines not made by him (even if it's HIS engine donated to me, never asking it, and now I ignore why... Maybe to let deeply testing of HIS renamed StockfishMZ by others or to verify if I was not even able to check my mods to mock me better with his friends? I will not remove ProteusSF RBE 008c download links because it's perfectly GPLv3 compliant and I have attributed their work to every author including Khalid Omar as GPLv3 imposes, but I will not update it anymore, continuing with the main Stockfish branch my experiments.

Note: nobody between us is officially a member of Stockfish Developers since nobody has sufficient skills. So calm down and release your own ORIGINAL engine even in VISUAL BASIC (but with exp) if you think to be so superior due to your Napoleon Syndrome, then we can laugh about you, too.

@Zippo and all my other friends here, really: let's move all ProteusSF comments on BanksiaGui so I can get rid of deeds and all other trolls and haters infesting this forum, simply deleting their stupid comments. I will continue to follow Chess2u on all other topics, obviously.

Last edited by AlexChess on Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:52 pm; edited 20 times in total

more_horiz
Thank u Alex.. 👍

more_horiz
Every effort is welcome, ProteusSF is already on the chess engines page, with an alternative link. Thanks Alex, we expect a good amount of downloads.

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:

Note: nobody between us is officially a member of Stockfish Developers since nobody has sufficient skills.

Nonsense.

I would say Marco has sufficient skills. SugaR XPrO and other SugaR engines participated in several of Graham Banks CCRL Division 1 Amateur Tournaments. SugaR actually won some of those tournaments - beating Stockfish. Here is one example where SugaR NN 1.1 won by two and a half points.

Code:

https://www.chess2u.com/t12931-75th-amateur-series-division-1

There are more SugaR victories if you scroll through the Tournaments, Matches, Tests, Rating lists section.

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

"This site can’t be reached
www.microsmeta.com took too long to respond."

more_horiz
sarona wrote:
AlexChess wrote:

Note: nobody between us is officially a member of Stockfish Developers since nobody has sufficient skills.

Nonsense.

I would say Marco has sufficient skills. SugaR XPrO and other SugaR engines participated in several of Graham Banks CCRL Division 1

Amateur Tournaments. SugaR actually won some of those tournaments - beating Stockfish. Here is one example where SugaR NN 1.1 won by two and a half points.

Code:

https://www.chess2u.com/t12931-75th-amateur-series-division-1

There are more SugaR victories if you scroll through the Tournaments, Matches, Tests, Rating lists section.

Hi sarona
The high quality of Mr. Zerbinati and also Micheal byrne is obvious for every chess fans. We can see knowledge,experience and also initiatives in their works. But I think you misunderstood. The article above was related to deeds not to Mr. Zerbinati. I taught it is necessary to
mention because I voted positive( like) to Alex post.

Best regards

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum