Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 4 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
To who is already asking me a link for Proteus Chess SF v007, the current version is v006 released less than a week ago smile

Actually I'm fine tuning the dev version at 30 mins + 5 secs TC (comparable to a blitz on a medium level PC) in 100 games matches against the top 10 engines on Android 500 Kn/s  and 3 mins + 2 secs TC  on  Mac M1 6.5 Mn/s, using TCEC 20 & 21 Superfinal Noomen select, 50 PGN openings repeated with reverse colors, 8games_v3 PGN, DOTS4 (dorsz openings test suite unbalanced) and all books used by Oliprog, CEDR, Sylwy and Ghppn tournaments, with learing feature enabled (only on Mac and PC for now) . I'm uninterested by customized openings books matches calibrated to specific opponents, is the engine that must be improved and the book is used only to randomize games and verify the engine knowledge. The learning process requires a lot of time, so don't expect the new version tomorrow.

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 4 ByCS1ciS

ProteusSF 007 JBE is already doing very well compared to the very strong Blue Marlin 14.8 and ProteusChessSF v006. I will continue matches against Kayra 1.3, Swordfish 14.8 or newer, Corchess 2204xx, Brainlearn 16.1, Shashchess 20.1, Stockfish Polyglot latest and others. ALL GAMES USING PGN BOOKS REPEATING THE SAME POSITION WITH INVERSE COLORS, TO HAVE MORE RELIABLE RESULTS.

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 4 I3mxU4af

What is this program that is indicated in the screenshot with which you conduct tests?

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 4 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
Gmail wrote:
ProteusSF 007 download link ?

https://www.chess2u.com/t18076p50-proteus-chess-sf-developing-my-stockfish-14-1-derivative#114835

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:

?

more_horiz
I think he refers to the GUI. He seems to be using Banksia GUI for the tests, but I am not sure, maybe Arena 3.5.1 too

more_horiz
iBurgoS wrote:
I think he refers to the GUI. He seems to be using Banksia GUI for the tests, but I am not sure, maybe Arena 3.5.1 too

Can I test bin and ctg books in this Arena program?

more_horiz
Gmail wrote:
iBurgoS wrote:

Only Bin book
If u want to use CTG bool then u have to use Fritz GUI

more_horiz
Zippo wrote:
Gmail wrote:
iBurgoS wrote:

Only Bin book

Bin👍

more_horiz
Gmail wrote:
Zippo wrote:
Gmail wrote:
iBurgoS wrote:

Only Bin book

Bin👍
The sad thing is that you all were fooled. The guy is doing stupid things with the stockfish engine.... whatever he does - it is a stockfish engine. I think the engine owners should add bin.book support to the engine options and it will be much more powerful, besides they should work together in building up the power style of the game. Solidor

more_horiz
SOLIDOR wrote:
Gmail wrote:
Zippo wrote:
Gmail wrote:
iBurgoS wrote:

Only Bin book

Bin👍

The sad thing is that you all were fooled. The guy is doing stupid things with the stockfish engine.... whatever he does - it is a stockfish engine. I think the engine owners should add bin.book support to the engine options and it will be much more powerful, besides they should work together in building up the power style of the game.  Solidor

https://www.chess2u.com/t14065p425-stockfish-of-the-neural-network#114833

more_horiz
deeds wrote:
Without adding sf14.1 here, we won't have a reference.
Without training Proteus on this opening's list, its learning feature is totally useless with 100 games by playing style (=100 games by opponent).

Agreed. I have used your methods for training my own engine, Phaedra, with successful results.

Code:

https://open-chess.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3317

AlexChess wrote:

Still learning me too smile (it's based on BrainLearn 16.1 this time)  If you have ideas they are greatly appreciated confused

I know, I would play thousand of games to obtain meaningful results, that's why I was investigating about sharing engine experience online between all instances of the same program. Until that I will play matches using all main test suites: TCEC 7 & Noomen supefinals 20-21, DOTS4, 8moves_v3.pgn and all openings like Perfect 2021, Manifest, SuperGM and so on....

Alex, look at deed's OpenChess thread (it is four pages long). There is a detailed explanation of his methods.

more_horiz
ProteusSF JBE 007 - Brainlearn 14.9 TCEC 21 superfinal - 100 games swapping sides
LEARNING ENABLED - TC 3 mins + 2 secs - Tablebases Syzygy 6 man - Mac M1 6.5 Mn/s

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 4 JAWwwJXZ

ALL PGN GAMES: https://pixeldrain.com/u/b3tBf2P8

more_horiz
AlexChess wrote:
ProteusSF JBE 007 - Brainlearn 14.9 TCEC 21 superfinal - 100 games swapping sides
LEARNING ENABLED - TC 3 mins + 2 secs - Tablebases Syzygy 6 man - Mac M1 6.5 Mn/s

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 4 JAWwwJXZ

ALL PGN GAMES: https://pixeldrain.com/u/b3tBf2P8

Blue Marlin 14.9 obviously - I hate that I cannot edit content of this forum sad

more_horiz
sarona wrote:
deeds wrote:
Without adding sf14.1 here, we won't have a reference.
Without training Proteus on this opening's list, its learning feature is totally useless with 100 games by playing style (=100 games by opponent).

Agreed. I have used your methods for training my own engine, Phaedra, with successful results.

Code:

https://open-chess.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3317

AlexChess wrote:

Still learning me too smile (it's based on BrainLearn 16.1 this time)  If you have ideas they are greatly appreciated confused

I know, I would play thousand of games to obtain meaningful results, that's why I was investigating about sharing engine experience online between all instances of the same program. Until that I will play matches using all main test suites: TCEC 7 & Noomen supefinals 20-21, DOTS4, 8moves_v3.pgn and all openings like Perfect 2021, Manifest, SuperGM and so on....

Alex, look at deed's OpenChess thread (it is four pages long). There is a detailed explanation of his methods.

Yes I'll do the same smile

more_horiz
ProteusSF 007 for windows 10, give a link

more_horiz
Proteus SF JBE 007 against SwordFish 14.9 - TCEC 21 Jeroen Noomen select. 100 games swapping colors
TC: 3 mins + 2 secs - Tablebases 6 man - Ryzen 9 3900x 20 Mn/s Arena GUI on Windows 10 LEARNING ENABLED

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 4 I3dDzrLx

ALL PGN GAMES: https://pixeldrain.com/u/GyTcLfns

more_horiz
Nice...waiting for release!

more_horiz
then we'll wait

more_horiz
PROTEUS SF JBE 007 CRUSHES SF PB 220401 on Mac mini M1 8 CPUs 6.5 Mn/s !!

TC: 3 mins + 2 secs / ALL - TCEC 21 Jeroen Noomen select (50 positions switching sides)

100 games - Tablebases Sygyzy 6 Man - LEARNING ENABLED

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 4 VMwkauZ9

ALL PGN GAMES: https://pixeldrain.com/u/RuXngwoF

https://pixeldrain.com/api/file/psNMaz5n[/img]

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 4 LhuPedcg

All attributions and thanks to Stockfish Team. I will always release Proteus SF respecting GPLv3.

I want to thank my dear friend Ron Doughie (SARONA) author of private Phaedra chess engine for his all time support on compiling and testing it and giving me many ideas and suggestions and his little daughter Rachel for the nice logo  bigsmile , the Polish Dorsz for his suggestion about using his DOTS5 PGN test suite with reverse colors for each position to get a fair test, instead of customized to opponent Polyglot bin books. Huge thanks also to ARCHIMEDES for the Android builds. I want also thank my friend Correspondence IM Andrea Manzo (author of BrainLearn and Shashchess Stockfish derivatives) and Omar Khalid (author of Eman) for the learning feature that works really well!

Now I must complete Android build tests and start Windows 11 tests from scratch before releasing the final version.

Kind regards, Alessandro Morales

more_horiz
I´m using DOTS (Dorsz) and UHO 2022 from Mr. Pohl to test the engines. Let´s see JBond trigger!

more_horiz
Anton101 wrote:
I´m using DOTS (Dorsz) and UHO 2022 from Mr. Pohl to test the engines. Let´s see JBond trigger!

My compiled SF PB 220401 is even a bit faster than Proteus SF JBE 007, for who likes data  lol

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 4 PsNMaz5n

I've Spanish origins, too wink

more_horiz
Anton101 wrote:

Read this about UHO 2022 testes:
https://sites.google.com/site/computerschess/scct-opening-testings-1

more_horiz
Proteus SF JBE 007 vs SF PB 220401 ANDROID 8 CPUs 500 Kn/s
Rapid 10 mins + 2 secs 8moves_v3.bin (balanced) opening 100 GAMES

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 4 A36WayTt

ALL PGN GAMES: https://pixeldrain.com/u/oPZp4nu1

more_horiz
Remember:

People can obviously test every engine or opening book customized, balanced or unbalanced 100 up to 6000 games, but to be fair:

-Test different books ctg, bin, abk, fen, epd, pgn using the same engine for both colors
-Test different engines using the same book repeating each position for both colors
-Test different engines and customized books, but release both. NB: you'll never know if is the book or the engine the winner.

Or your tests are useless for statistic purpose.  smile

more_horiz
Started final tests with Windows 11 ARM64 using official SF PB 220401

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 4 MEjB8Grx

To all my friends following this topic: Since SF PB 220401 is already a little obsolete, I'm thinking to test Proteus SF JBE 007 also against latest Stockfish dev build available, even without polyglot support, since SF PB doesn't add nothing to the engine strength and I prefer Stockfish Team official builds. Anyway, even if my base SF code is dated 220309, is still very strong  smile

PS: Actually testing Proteus SF JBE 007 performance also against my friends Mehmet and Dorsz Kayra 1.3, Blue Marlin 14.9a and Swordfish 14.9a on Android.

more_horiz
TEST SPEED ON WINDOWS 11 ARM64 4CPU under Paralels Desktop 17.1 for Mac Silicon M1

Before somebody ask about it on previous screenshot, I have restarted all games doe to low speed during compiling phase  cool

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 4 3zDHFNjR

I reach 2 Mn/s on average, 1/3 of the speed of native M1 using all 8 CPUs. And what is your tests speed @Oliprog @Ghppn @Zippo ?

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum