Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 31 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
sarona wrote:
AlexChess wrote:

Note: nobody between us is officially a member of Stockfish Developers since nobody has sufficient skills.

Nonsense.

I would say Marco has sufficient skills. SugaR XPrO and other SugaR engines participated in several of Graham Banks CCRL Division 1 Amateur Tournaments. SugaR actually won some of those tournaments - beating Stockfish. Here is one example where SugaR NN 1.1 won by two and a half points.

Code:

https://www.chess2u.com/t12931-75th-amateur-series-division-1

There are more SugaR victories if you scroll through the Tournaments, Matches, Tests, Rating lists section.

Ron, you know what I think about CCRL smile and  I was referring to deeds (and me) about insufficient skills. I have dropped obsolete vb.net 10 years ago...  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_Basic_(classic).

Do you think he is kind mocking me and forwarding his comment to @Sarona and @Mark62 ? Adding this psyco-troll to ignore list to avoid him is not enough, he continues to pollute my topic even if it's not appreciated by nobody here.

Last edited by AlexChess on Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:21 am; edited 2 times in total

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 31 EmptyRe: Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative.

more_horiz
ZamChess wrote:
AlexChess wrote:
Released ProteusSF 220801 DEV based on latest Stockfish build without exp and Polyglot support (much faster than previous builds) instead of derivatives (that are always all weaker than updated Stockfish according to my tests  wink )

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

Note: I will answer to PM comments and requests about ProteusSF only on BanksiaGui ProteusSF DEV topic

"This site can’t be reached
www.microsmeta.com took too long to respond."

Thank you, also from Italy http://www.microsmeta.com/DBLOG/ works. A TEMPORARY DNS problem?

more_horiz
Homayoun wrote:
sarona wrote:
AlexChess wrote:

Note: nobody between us is officially a member of Stockfish Developers since nobody has sufficient skills.

Nonsense.

I would say Marco has sufficient skills. SugaR XPrO and other SugaR engines participated in several of Graham Banks CCRL Division 1

Amateur Tournaments. SugaR actually won some of those tournaments - beating Stockfish. Here is one example where SugaR NN 1.1 won by two and a half points.

Code:

https://www.chess2u.com/t12931-75th-amateur-series-division-1

There are more SugaR victories if you scroll through the Tournaments, Matches, Tests, Rating lists section.

Hi sarona
The high quality of Mr. Zerbinati and also Micheal byrne is obvious for every chess fans. We can see knowledge,experience and also initiatives in their works. But I think you misunderstood. The article  above was related to deeds not to Mr. Zerbinati. I taught it is necessary to
mention because I voted positive( like) to Alex post.

Best regards

I have answered the same before reading this comment smile

more_horiz
Anton101 wrote:
Every effort is welcome, ProteusSF is already on the chess engines page, with an alternative link. Thanks Alex, we expect a good amount of downloads.

Without EXP ProteusSF is really much faster than RBE 008b and 008c then even stronger, at least on my system. I've just compiled the master of the last 220731 from Stockfish Chaly source with my basic mods adding also Polyglot support for who needs it. I will update the builds for all systems and release it soon.

more_horiz
Edit

Last edited by deeds on Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:16 am; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
I think if this condition be continued, very soon we will see page 1000 of thread.
Best regards

more_horiz
Homayoun wrote:
I think if this condition be continued, very soon we will see page 1000 of thread.
Best regards

ProteusSF Dev Page (without psyco-trolls)

This afternoon (is 12:47 here) I will upload there ProteusSF 220803 final

All ProteusSF comments and requests ONLY THERE since now.

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 31 Empty ProteusSF 220803 final

more_horiz
But I can't find the download link anywhere.

more_horiz
http://www.microsmeta.com/DBLOG/articolo.asp?articolo=1525

You must always visit this page if there's a new update

@igor

descriptionProteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 31 EmptyProteusSF-220803

more_horiz
Thanks

more_horiz
I´ll open alternative links to download, in a few minutes...Thanks again Alessandro.

The community is growing and most importantly, new people are getting closer.

more_horiz
Homayoun wrote:

Hi sarona
The high quality of Mr. Zerbinati and also Micheal byrne is obvious for every chess fans. We can see knowledge,experience and also initiatives in their works. But I think you misunderstood. The article  above was related to deeds not to Mr. Zerbinati. I taught it is necessary to

Best regards

When I read "nobody has sufficient skills," I take that to mean the entire membership.

No problem. And yes, sir, Mike Byrne has my respect too. His prescence is missed by many at TalkChess.

more_horiz
sarona wrote:
Homayoun wrote:

Hi sarona

Best regards

When I read "nobody has sufficient skills," I take that to mean the entire membership.

No problem. And yes, sir, Mike Byrne has my respect too. His prescence is missed by many at TalkChess.

"between us.... smile " Yes Byrne is almost retired from chess after a mourning sad I have exchanged a lot of PM with him.

more_horiz
WHERE AM I? Instead of useless matches between Stockfish derivatives (that all have approximately the same strength and differs for few changed values) I'm now studying the secrets of top original engines like Berserk 9, Koivisto  8.13, Ethereal 12.xx and 13.xx  and LC0 0.28.2 that can draw and sometimes win against latest Stockfish-dev, comparing them with ProteusSF, with and without NNUEs, with and without books, using long time controls, to try something different.

Proteus Chess SF - developing my Stockfish 14.1 derivative. - Page 31 Piranha-logo

My new tactical engine with NNUE but not based on Stockfish or derivatives

more_horiz
As reported by my friend @Sarona, Dragon 3.1 at longer time controls is much stronger, same level of Stockfish-dev. This means that original engines are very interesting to study. They play differently from Stockfish and its derivatives so today there is a reliable alternative to SF clones war  bigsmile

more_horiz
Not saying that Dragon is equal to Stockfish dev yet, but they have made great progress narrowing the Elo gap.

3.1 had definitely has reduced that gap even more - which is a good thing for fans of TCEC and CCC.

My test results, so far, mirror what Mark Young is getting.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum