Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

THE DREAM IS NOT OVER

descriptionTHE DREAM IS NOT OVER EmptyTHE DREAM IS NOT OVER

more_horiz
The mighty EMAN is back destroying all opponents with no draws, no defeats, just victories.

descriptionTHE DREAM IS NOT OVER EmptyRe: THE DREAM IS NOT OVER

more_horiz
THE DREAM IS NOT OVER Screen15

more_horiz
how did you get Eman 8?

descriptionTHE DREAM IS NOT OVER EmptyEman 8.8

more_horiz
I got a copy of the Eman 8.8 engine from a friend, the link I downloaded it from is on the "Dark Web" and I'm not allowed to reveal the link.

more_horiz
send me link eman 8.8

more_horiz
THE DREAM IS NOT OVER Screen16

more_horiz
Edit

Last edited by deeds on Fri May 27, 2022 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Edit

more_horiz
On the chess side "Infinity" only version 8.01 is present. And I think Khalid, who plays there daily, also uses only 8.10beta. So, what can you tell me about this version 8.80? Not original?

more_horiz
Edit

more_horiz
It is pretty funny! I remember people hex editing Houdini when I was a kid. Houdart used a unique way of displaying his name in the binary. So people would add their name and the word "and" to make it look legit. I remember the Tretola XXL Houdini clone displaying "by Tretola and Robert Houdart" because the guy couldn't locate the hexidecimals for Houdart's name. Lol!

more_horiz
I don't think anyone can build a chess engine so powerful as to get 100% victories against today's engines.

descriptionTHE DREAM IS NOT OVER EmptyQUIET FRIENDS, IT'S JUST A JOKE

more_horiz
Friends, don't you accept a good trolling? Of course this photo I posted is a fake!! Well I would like the great Khalid Omar to share his new releases of Eman, as the friend said it is already in version 8.01, but apparently he is not sharing anymore, a pity I am a fan of the Eman program and the version that I have "retired" version 7.40, I retired it because it's outdated and no match for stockfish PB. Sorry if I offended anyone with my joke.

more_horiz
No offense was taken by me.

im48 wrote:
I don't think anyone can build a chess engine so powerful as to get 100% victories against today's engines.

Could you imagine if there was such an engine and it was open source?

There would be dozens of clones- all of which would be a likely regression of the original. Then somebody would get the idea to ignore the GPLv3 and obfuscate the source with a packer and sell a compiled binary as their own original work. Maybe $100. Like this has not happened before? Lol!

more_horiz
THE DREAM IS NOT OVER Screen17

more_horiz
Take the Eman engine you have and match it against a Stockfish dev from 2021-12-01 (perhaps, stockfish_21120118). Play a 100 game match with default settings and any time control. Use any GUI test suite/book you want. No bin book for Eman.

If Eman wins the match 100-0, please post the games for forum members as such a victory would be a monumental acheivement.

descriptionTHE DREAM IS NOT OVER EmptyJUST ANOTHER JOKE

more_horiz
Friend sarona, as I said before the only copy of Eman I have is version 7.40, and I retired it a long time ago, now to play seriously on flyordie I only use stockfish polyglot, because it is the strongest engine there is, this print above is another fake just to play with the imagination of how good it would be to have an invincible program, but this doesn't exist, the reality is that even with polyglot stockfish, playing against other programs my best result is a draw, when I win a game it's because the opponent wasn't using a program, my pc is weak, it has 8gb ram, i5 processor, it's not even a gamer pc, just a pc for normal use, it doesn't even have a video card.

more_horiz
Edit

more_horiz
I agree. It is.

You do not have to convince me about the benefits of proper engine training. You have already proven that on the fora.

I use your tools and methods. I know they work. Those experience files can be used for more than just engine v engine games or playing on the servers.

more_horiz
With the experience files you have shared with us, I save a lot of opening books, since the engine is perfectly trained. A lot of gratitude.

more_horiz
maestro777 wrote:
Friend sarona, as I said before the only copy of Eman I have is version 7.40, and I retired it a long time ago, now to play seriously on flyordie I only use stockfish polyglot, because it is the strongest engine there is, this print above is another fake just to play with the imagination of how good it would be to have an invincible program, but this doesn't exist, the reality is that even with polyglot stockfish, playing against other programs my best result is a draw, when I win a game it's because the opponent wasn't using a program, my pc is weak, it has 8gb ram, i5 processor, it's not even a gamer pc, just a pc for normal use, it doesn't even have a video card.

I respect your decision to retire Eman 7.40 as it was in violation of the GPLv3. I do not use it either. I prefer to support the rights of the Stockfish authors and contributors.  If Mike Byrne, Mehmet, dorsz, Alex, Marco, ChessFan1 and others can honor the license, so should those who are in violation. Especially by someone who says ". . . there will be no more sharing of Eman binaries using any means." SOLIDOR is right on with his comments regarding this.

One question for you, maestro777: do you enjoy playing chess on flyordie with your pc?

Because it sounds like you do. And that is the whole point of participating. That you enjoy the experience! Who cares if you have a weak pc. I remember reading somebody else's post on this forum about not playing bullet with a weak computer (maybe, Ferrari?). Use and make the most of what you have. The whole point is enjoyment.

Regards,

descriptionTHE DREAM IS NOT OVER Emptychess is my favorite hobby

more_horiz
Yes sarona, I like to play chess on flyordie just to test the new engines and books, I find artificial intelligence fascinating, I would like to be a programmer to try to develop a program with artificial intelligence and create my own books, but in the impossibility of doing that, I'm content to use existing programs and books that are shared by chee2u's friends.

more_horiz
[quote="Anton101"]With the experience files you have shared with us, I save a lot of opening books, since the engine is perfectly trained. A lot of gratitude.[/quote]

Where can I get the perfectly trained experience files?

more_horiz
Edit

more_horiz
what is OCF?

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum