Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionThese are the original 10,000 ECO ordered 2,4,6, 8 move pgn EmptyThese are the original 10,000 ECO ordered 2,4,6, 8 move pgn

more_horiz
I am the original creator 8 yrs ago. These are excellent for engine to engine matches.

https://mega.nz/file/nRJGERSZ#ussqtYpqqV0bUA_Wi9uqamSk4xyIzHZHwnGKeyjCbnY

descriptionThese are the original 10,000 ECO ordered 2,4,6, 8 move pgn EmptyRe: These are the original 10,000 ECO ordered 2,4,6, 8 move pgn

more_horiz
paldon wrote:
I am the original creator 8 yrs ago. These are excellent for engine to engine matches.

Hello,

May I ask you if the pgns of 6 and 8 movers were engine-checked?

If so which cps threshold?

Thank you.

descriptionThese are the original 10,000 ECO ordered 2,4,6, 8 move pgn EmptyRe: These are the original 10,000 ECO ordered 2,4,6, 8 move pgn

more_horiz
paldon wrote:

@paldon Hello:

1. I have analyzed two of the pgn files with 8moves(16 plies) positions that were distributed in the opening test set.
  2. I use Dragon 3 with a threshold of [-60,60] cps. Only accepted games were preserved.
  3. Games were order by ECO Code too.
  4. The analyzed file is available here Pixeldrain TopGM_8move-1NormPollock8-filter[-60,60].pgn

Regards.

more_horiz
roraima wrote:
paldon wrote:

@paldon Hello:

1. I have analyzed two of the pgn files with 8moves(16 plies) positions that were distributed in the opening test set.
  2. I used Dragon 3 with a threshold of [-60,60] cps. Only accepted games were preserved.
  3. Games were ordered by ECO Code too.
  4. The analyzed file is available here Pixeldrain TopGM_8move-1NormPollock8-filter[-60,60].pgn

Regards.

more_horiz
In engine - engine matches, they should always be played with swapping sides. That way whatever advantage some engine may claim is in fact equally being used by both sides.

more_horiz
Disregard this message (duplicate).

more_horiz
paldon wrote:

@paldon Continuing checking your pgn files, I also noticed the following issue in the games tags:
  1. You are using the quotation marks as *, which causes issues when processing the pgn file.
  2. Instead, you should change to straight quotation marks like this: "*".

For instance, see this sample from your pgn file (Quotations in the Event tag are not right when compared to the Result tag quotations):

Code:

[Event "TopGM_4move"]
[Site “PC”]
[Date “2015.01.09”]
[Round “1”]
[White "GM"]
[Black "GM"]
[Result "*"]
[ECO "A45"]
[WhiteElo "2800"]
[BlackElo "2800"]
[PlyCount "8"]
[Source "Harry Schnapp"]
[SourceDate "2015.01.19"]

I am not sure if you will correct those details. If you are interested, I can do it for all your opening sets to ensure the pgn files have the right format.

Regards.

more_horiz
Sorry, removed the test as this Foru prevents me to modified the replies.

more_horiz
*** It is extremely unpleasant not to be unabled to modify a message in this Forum. ***

paldon wrote:

@paldon Continuing checking your pgn files, I also noticed the following issue in the games tags:
  1. You are using the quotation marks as *, which causes issues when processing the pgn file.
  2. Instead, you should change to straight quotation marks like this: "*".

For instance, see this sample from your pgn file (Quotations in the Site tag are not right when compared to the Result tag quotations):

Code:

[Event "TopGM_4move"]
[Site “PC”]
[Date “2015.01.09”]
[Round “1”]
[White "GM"]
[Black "GM"]
[Result "*"]
[ECO "A45"]
[WhiteElo "2800"]
[BlackElo "2800"]
[PlyCount "8"]
[Source "Harry Schnapp"]
[SourceDate "2015.01.19"]

I am not sure if you will correct those details. If you are interested, I can do it for all your opening sets to ensure the pgn files have the right format.

Regards.

more_horiz
These very same files I had posted here have been used for years by CCRL and personally by Graham Banks. They have been adopted for 8 yrs by many testers and all very thoroughly tested, sorted and arranged by Norm Pollock and all the folks at Talk Chess.
Any problems that you are having is you NOT the files.
These files are ALL easily processed by almost any GUI that accepts PGN. NO ONE has ever complained....JUST YOU

more_horiz
I should have stayed away from this site of amateurs. I should have known better. Just wanted to see if anything changed over the years nothing has. I will be deleting my account.

more_horiz
Thanks for the warning roraima.

Here it is: 10,000_ECO_orderd_games+NormTestsets-Corrected.7z with (") corrected.

https://dbree.org/v/62a168

more_horiz
Deleted

more_horiz
Deleted post

more_horiz
Delete

more_horiz
deleted

more_horiz
paldon wrote:
I should have stayed away from this site of amateurs. I should have known better. Just wanted to see if anything changed over the years nothing has. I will be deleting my account.

@paldon Hello,

I do not belong to any rating list, but there are minimal standards from which I take care in what you call amateuristic messages.

1. Your pgn files date from 2015. In 2022, I engine-checked the opening positions from two of them for 16 plies and I found plenty of resulting positions beyond 100 cps. I provided the analyzed pgn.
  2. I also checked the pgn format and the quotation marks were against the pgn standards in some tags. I tried to filter with different tools and I got issues because of the quotation marks.
  3. I have been spending time engine-checking of the pgn TopGM_6move.pgn and there are already 625 games rejected after passing 8000 games with cps higher than 70 cps.
  4. I will stop in the future of trying to collaborate with people. I do not know what I need to say sorry if I tried to help

Thank you. Have a good day.

PD: There are extremely rude people in this forum and the lack of moderation is a factor that may make me decide to stop posting.

more_horiz
[quote="paldon"]In engine - engine matches, they should always be played with swapping sides. That way whatever advantage some engine may claim is in fact equally being used by both sides. [/quote]

If you understand this, then the points you made are mute. This would be because when both sides play the openings reversed that "advantage" is ALSO given to the opposing side. So, in the end it all works out. There is no need for all the last moves in the series of pgn to be equal it is a waste of time in properly conducted ENGINE-ENGINE matches.

All you alledged PGN tag correction is also frivolous. Those PGN's were extracted from a Chessbase database, and put through numerous sorting and analyzing processes and can and HAVE RUN for years in many guis.

There is a lot you don't understand. I will no longer try to further explain. You are too determined to be right, when you are clearly wrong, and the more you speak, the more you make that abundantly clear.

Have a great day

more_horiz
PS No one cares about YOUR MINIMUM standard unless it complies with commonly used testing standards.
clearly it does not...

more_horiz
paldon wrote:
PS No one cares about YOUR MINIMUM standard unless it complies with commonly used testing standards.
clearly it does not...

No issues. I already filtered all your pgn files and consolidated and double-checked for myself. I was hoping wrongly to contribute that is not the case.

Thank you anyways for sharing the pgn files.

Thank you also for your positive receptivity, "amazing".

Regards.

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum