Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Complile a 64 bit engine to 32 bit's

descriptionComplile a 64 bit engine to 32 bit's - Page 2 EmptyRe: Complile a 64 bit engine to 32 bit's

more_horiz
Sekou82 wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
sarona wrote:
You are looking for a 32 bit Windows executable to run with an emulator?

If you are using MSYS2, maybe try (for a popcnt binary)

make ARCH=x86-32-sse41-popcnt COMP=clang

It is compiling for me with one warning:
var.cpp: In function ‘std::string var::variant_name()’:
var.cpp:201:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
 201 | }
     | ^

Complile a 64 bit engine to 32 bit's - Page 2 Image_20
In the readme.txt, a reference is make to a clang makefile in the source.
Compilation

The source code uses C++14 and should be mostly cross-platform.  I provided the Clang Makefile I use on Mac; it is compatible with Linux and GCC.

Hi Sarona,

That's what I'm searching for, the popcnt file compiled.
Have you the files compiled ?

Friendly, Sékou

Hi Sarona,

Please can you send me the popcnt file compiled ?
Friendly, Sékou

I don't have MSYS, but i think you must to use make ARCH=x86-32-popcnt COMP=clang without SSE41, it is not supported by this engine.

descriptionComplile a 64 bit engine to 32 bit's - Page 2 EmptyRe: Complile a 64 bit engine to 32 bit's

more_horiz
https://usbps2id.blogspot.com/2021/03/install-dan-download-exagear-windows.html?m=1

more_horiz
ChessFan1 wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
sarona wrote:
You are looking for a 32 bit Windows executable to run with an emulator?

If you are using MSYS2, maybe try (for a popcnt binary)

make ARCH=x86-32-sse41-popcnt COMP=clang

It is compiling for me with one warning:
var.cpp: In function ‘std::string var::variant_name()’:
var.cpp:201:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
 201 | }
     | ^

Complile a 64 bit engine to 32 bit's - Page 2 Image_20
In the readme.txt, a reference is make to a clang makefile in the source.
Compilation

The source code uses C++14 and should be mostly cross-platform.  I provided the Clang Makefile I use on Mac; it is compatible with Linux and GCC.

Hi Sarona,

That's what I'm searching for, the popcnt file compiled.
Have you the files compiled ?

Friendly, Sékou

Hi Sarona,

Please can you send me the popcnt file compiled ?
Friendly, Sékou

I don't have MSYS, but i think you must to use make ARCH=x86-32-popcnt COMP=clang without SSE41, it is not supported by this engine.

If it will not work than probably the whole code need to be rewritten for 32 bit support, and it is not an easy task.

more_horiz
OK Thanks you very much ChessFan

more_horiz
Sekou82 wrote:

Many thanks! Can i ask you something, to run just chess programs, do i have to download PUTTY - ExaTerm and Winetricks files too?

more_horiz
Not necessary, just copy the software folder and paste it into the "download" of your internal storage.

more_horiz
Sekou82 wrote:
Hi all,

I have the source code of an 64 bits engine, and i want to compile it into 32 bits version to be able to run it on Android with windows exagear emulator.

Can someone help me.

Friendly, Sekou

Hey I looked at the "Scan" Github site and that is not a chess engine at all it says "Draughts Engine" so even if you compiled it it won't work for Chess....

more_horiz
supersharp77 wrote:
Sekou82 wrote:
Hi all,

I have the source code of an 64 bits engine, and i want to compile it into 32 bits version to be able to run it on Android with windows exagear emulator.

Can someone help me.

Friendly, Sekou

Hey I looked at the "Scan" Github site and that is not a chess engine at all it says "Draughts Engine" so even if you compiled it it won't work for Chess....

Yes, i know that's a draughts program.

Draughts and chess are in the same family.
I needed help to have the 32 bits file to play. Because i'm also an international draughts player.

Friendly, Sékou

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum