Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionDo we have a pc experts here overlock experts?? EmptyDo we have a pc experts here overlock experts??

more_horiz
can anybody help with overlock settings?
my hw
I7 990X
MOTHERBOARD ASUS RAMPAGE 2
8 gb ddr3 xms 1600mhz
water coller
pc case phantom see pics
thx in advance

Do we have a pc experts here overlock experts?? CIMG0012

Do we have a pc experts here overlock experts?? CIMG0009

descriptionDo we have a pc experts here overlock experts?? EmptyRe: Do we have a pc experts here overlock experts??

more_horiz
yeah i gpt my same pc
what mobo u using?

Do we have a pc experts here overlock experts?? 3n93o03l55Z65U55X2b2o7154e04a5f7118ee
Do we have a pc experts here overlock experts?? 3kc3p23l95Z65U65X0b2of37a346a2dd01220

descriptionDo we have a pc experts here overlock experts?? EmptyRe: Do we have a pc experts here overlock experts??

more_horiz
I can help you.

Go to the following link: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1366/Rampage_II_Extreme/#CPUS

as i read about the board that your using it has hardware OV. so try to use it instead off SW OV.

Regards.

more_horiz
Tell us how we can help!

Are you now running your 990X @4.4Ghz ?! or is it what you want to get?

Give us more information,so that we know what you looking for.

Ipman.

more_horiz
it's already running at 4.4ghz !
what more could you want?
I do not quite understand.

maybe he just wanted to show these beautiful PC ! ? :sm23:

more_horiz
dear friends
i want to reach 5 ghz,my pc is on 4.4 ghz and runs fine but i want more :sm40:

:sm103:

more_horiz
Then we need your Bios settings.. V-core ,Multi ,Busspeed ,and so on..

make a screen with RealTemp GT 3.60 and CPU-Z..then we have a idea!

If your system is stable and you have room left with your temps and v-core ,then you can go easy higher..when your cpu running at 100% at have now already 80°C then i won't go higher!
I try to overclock till around 60°C ,because in summer time i can get 15°C more..
So,everything depends what are your limits for your cpu..and you can overclock your system till these limits..or cpu limits ofcourse!

Ipman.

more_horiz
@Ipman wrote:
Then we need your Bios settings.. V-core ,Multi ,Busspeed ,and so on..

make a screen with RealTemp GT 3.60 and CPU-Z..then we have a idea!

If your system is stable and you have room left with your temps and v-core ,then you can go easy higher..when your cpu running at 100% at have now already 80°C then i won't go higher!
I try to overclock till around 60°C ,because in summer time i can get 15°C more..
So,everything depends what are your limits for your cpu..and you can overclock your system till these limits..or cpu limits ofcourse!

Ipman.

I have tried various settings blck,multiplier,vcore etc
my pc goes to the cpu temp at full load 72 "C, the problem is the houdini refuses to play
houdini caused on exception this mean that my overlock its not stable
so if i make more vcore cpu temp will go over 80"C :(

more_horiz
@NO FeAr wrote:
yeah i gpt my same pc
what mobo u using?

Do we have a pc experts here overlock experts?? 3n93o03l55Z65U55X2b2o7154e04a5f7118ee
Do we have a pc experts here overlock experts?? 3kc3p23l95Z65U65X0b2of37a346a2dd01220

MOTHERBOARD ASUS RAMPAGE 2

more_horiz
So the solution is very easy..you want a unstable system or running Houdini and enjoy his strenght..i lower directly my speed then!

With my 970 6cores (HT OFF) i run @4,2Ghz (21x200) with 1,35V-core
I don't want to go higher,also i know he can(Test it)..but to enjoy many years from my system i lower it..And because the warm weather i have go to 21x198 is @4,158Ghz..and like that i see no problems,is very stable and run all engines i want with today max.temp from 67°C ! Run here whole day @100%.

So,reduce your 4,4Ghz a little and enjoy with Houdini..try also DeepSaros to see if system stay stable!(just a tip)

Ipman.

more_horiz
thank you for your help buddy

I'll think about it

exclaim

:sm103:

more_horiz
Lately I had 2 messages of houdini causing an exception in both cases it resigned on a winning situation.

I have checked why all of a sudden that happened and I found out that, in both cases, I checked the pause button on the interface.

I avoided that ticking off the automatic accept and challenges and I solved the problem. It could not have been the stability of the system as it is almost 1 year that it run smutley.

I like to know if anybody else had a similar problem with the pause button...

exclaim
:study:

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum