Hi :) Just wanted to say that there's now a more advanced version of the tool:
Here's the readme with the changes :
Bitboards' Little Helper is a small tool designed to help chess engines programmers with bitboards.
- edit each individual bit of the board
- edit a whole rank or column (by clicking its number or letter)
- clear/set/invert the whole board
- copy a bitboard into another one (hence using a bitboard as a backup of the other one)
- execute and, and not, or, and xor boolean operations between the two first bitboards
- do a shift left or shift right operation
- do various rotations of the bitboards
- edit, copy and paste from/to the conversion textfields
The corresponding value in binary, hexadecimal and decimal notations is updated in real time.
This tool is free of charge and may be freely distributed, providing you keep this readme file intact and in the archive.
Feel free to contact me for any suggestion of improvement at jul_marcel at hotmail dot com.
2011-05-14 : third version
- added shift left and shift right operations
- added rotation by 90, 180 and 270 degrees
- added bits count
- fixed a bug in the "copy bb1 to bb2" operation
2011-05-12 : Second version
- added two bitboards, for a total of 3, the 3rd one displaying the results of operations on the other ones
- added boolean operations : and, and not, or, xor
- the conversion labels have been replaced with textfields that you can edit and copy/paste from/to
- added two more "modes" for the lsb/msb orientation of your bitboards
- slightly changed the name
2011-05-11 : First version
Here's a screenshot of the Windows version :
And one of the MacOSX version :
Windows version : http://julien.marcel.free.fr/public/BLH2_win.rar
Mac OSX version : http://julien.marcel.free.fr/public/BLH2_Mac.zip