Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyFire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
www.chesslogik.com/fire.htm

Fire 1.5 xTreme...
the final release w/ improvements/fixes from the two 1.4 'beta' versions
is available for your enjoyment and evaluation

many thanks to
Peterpan
Dr. George
Ahmed
Kallahad
ROBOT
Carlos
picasso
karakan
Steve.R
Vladimir
testers
etc..
and everyone else in this excellent forum!

please share any 'killer' settings/configs you may discover!

Best Regards-
Norm




descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
Fire new engine master :king: :sm2:



exclaim

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
Fantastic news exclaim

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
wow!!! Fantastic exclaim

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
exclaim

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
tks for the new...!!! :sm2:

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
Will see if he can come in between my top 12 Engines..who are all houdini's versions with different settings!

Need a few month to test it out.

great work to all exclaim

Ipman.

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyWhat's the difference?

more_horiz
What is the difference between the two executables Fire 1.5 xTreme x64.exe and Fire 1.5 xTreme x64p.exe? What does the "p" stand for?

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
@Ipman wrote:
Will see if he can come in between my top 12 Engines..who are all houdini's versions with different settings!

Need a few month to test it out.

great work to all exclaim

Ipman.


Would you be so kind to share these different settings of Houdini please? Thank you.

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
@pogi wrote:
What is the difference between the two executables Fire 1.5 xTreme x64.exe and Fire 1.5 xTreme x64p.exe? What does the "p" stand for?


the p is for popcnt
for newer systems that support Intel/AMD POPCNT instructions
(fast!)

if your system doesn't have it...the exe won't run

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
@Ipman wrote:
Will see if he can come in between my top 12 Engines..who are all houdini's versions with different settings!

Need a few month to test it out.

great work to all exclaim

Ipman.


Hi Ipman-

Well, not sure if we're all the way up there w/Houdini yet, but I'm confident this release gets us a lot closer!

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
Hi pogi..these settings are different for each system..you have just to play many and many games and try all settings a engine have!
First i play with default settings..after 300-500games i start to play with settings,and see if it can end higher then the default version.
The only thing you need is Time :)
On my i7 970 6cores (HT OFF) @4,155Ghz i have Houdini 1.5a with Splith Depth 12 as my number one engine.

Now i have to do that also with Fire..and it will need a lot off strenght to reach the last Houdini 1.5 in my list who only played with 4cores!
So,no other engine ,even with 6cores has passed Houdini yet!

Will see if Fire can do that?!

Ipman.

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
exclaim kranium

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
@kranium wrote:
www.chesslogik.com/fire.htm

Fire 1.5 xTreme...
the final release w/ improvements/fixes from the two 1.4 'beta' versions
is available for your enjoyment and evaluation

many thanks to
Peterpan
Dr. George
Ahmed
Kallahad
ROBOT
Carlos
picasso
karakan
Steve.R
Vladimir
testers
etc..
and everyone else in this excellent forum!

please share any 'killer' settings/configs you may discover!

Best Regards-
Norm






kranium
You are must give a credit to Ahmed's Material values (and in Fire_15_xTreme.txt), as i did.
he asked me to test his Material values in my compiles ivanhoe, stockfish, Fire ..etc

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
@George Harrison wrote:
kranium
You are must give a credit to Ahmed's Material values (and in Fire_15_xTreme.txt), as i did.
he asked me to test his Material values in my compiles ivanhoe, stockfish, Fire ..etc

:sm5: :sm2:

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
Fire 1.5 xTreme Final

DIRECT LINKS:

http://users.telenet.be/chesslogik//downloads/Fire_15_xTreme_w32_no_SSE2_NS.rar

(optimized windows 32-bit executable and readme files,
for older systems that don't support SSE2 instruction set
compiled by NS)

http://users.telenet.be/chesslogik//downloads/Fire_15_xTreme_w32_NS.rar

(optimized windows 32-bit executable and readme files,
compiled by NS)

http://users.telenet.be/chesslogik//downloads/Fire_15_xTreme_x64_PP.rar

(4 optimized windows 64-bit executables and readme files,
includes normal & PopCnt compiles for both Win7 & Win XP
expertly compiled by Peterpan!)

OR OFFICIAL LINK:

http://www.chesslogik.com/fire.htm

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
exclaim
Fire 1.5 xTreme Test underway
The results soon in the Tests Room

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
@George Harrison wrote:

kranium
You are must give a credit to Ahmed's Material values (and in Fire_15_xTreme.txt), as i did.
he asked me to test his Material values in my compiles ivanhoe, stockfish, Fire ..etc

:sm5:

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
there are now plenty of new releases of interesting engines but we don't have idea of the real strenght of these engines!!!

i am expecting with great curiosity the results of the tests!!!!!!

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyFire 1.5 problem in Chessbase GUI11 and GUI12

more_horiz
Fire 1.5 xTreme 64 (popcnt version) doesn't work in GUI12 and in GUI11 here. It simply doesn't start to compute.
I have a Windows 7 64 bit System with activated large pages and an Intel i5 processor.
Everything seems to work under Arena in the same system. Maybe it is a communication problem between the Chessbase GUIs and Fire.
Regards, deep.d

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
@George Harrison wrote:
@kranium wrote:
www.chesslogik.com/fire.htm

Fire 1.5 xTreme...
the final release w/ improvements/fixes from the two 1.4 'beta' versions
is available for your enjoyment and evaluation

many thanks to
Peterpan
Dr. George
Ahmed
Kallahad
ROBOT
Carlos
picasso
karakan
Steve.R
Vladimir
testers
etc..
and everyone else in this excellent forum!

please share any 'killer' settings/configs you may discover!

Best Regards-
Norm






kranium
You are must give a credit to Ahmed's Material values (and in Fire_15_xTreme.txt), as i did.
he asked me to test his Material values in my compiles ivanhoe, stockfish, Fire ..etc


no problem,
have added credit to Ahmed for default piece values in Fire_history.rtf
and on the website

hope this is acceptable...
Norm



Last edited by kranium on Tue May 31, 2011 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
@deep.d wrote:
Fire 1.5 xTreme 64 (popcnt version) doesn't work in GUI12 and in GUI11 here. It simply doesn't start to compute.
I have a Windows 7 64 bit System with activated large pages and an Intel i5 processor.
Everything seems to work under Arena in the same system. Maybe it is a communication problem between the Chessbase GUIs and Fire.
Regards, deep.d


thanks deep.d
i'll try to figure it out for next release.

(sure would be nice if all the different GUI's understood/interpreted UCI the same way!)

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
Fire 1.5 xTreme 64 (POPCNT version) working correctly Gui 12 and in chessbase rybka 4 and without any problem :sm2:

I have a Windows 7 64 bit System with activated large pages

regards

kranium

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
Vladimir wrote:
exclaim
Fire 1.5 xTreme Test underway
The results soon in the Tests Room

very strong engine :sm10:
Thanks kranium :sm2:

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
exclaim kranium

descriptionFire 1.5 xTreme is available EmptyRe: Fire 1.5 xTreme is available

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum