Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

Fire 2.2 xTreme

descriptionFire 2.2 xTreme - Page 4 EmptyRe: Fire 2.2 xTreme

more_horiz
@Qxf6..
Are you sure these settings are correct? eek

more_horiz
Those on the screenshot, yes.

Do you get catastrophic results? It seems that Fire is generally very UI-sensitive and hardware-sensitive. I always use Shredder UI, while in Arena I witnessed some strange phenomena with Fire. Hardware: it looks like split settings may be a problem on different computers. Also, lot of power comes from tablebases. I use almost 1 terrabyte of them and Fire consults them sometimes in move 15 already. I think it has a considerable impact on its play.

You can check the games .pgn attached to the original post on Rybka forum. This is how Fire plays in Shredder UI on my PC.

more_horiz
redface Guys, I am deeply sorry for the unintentional hoax I created - my apology.
The match below was actually played against a 1 CPU Houdini - a personality I use in tournaments to determine comparative strength of some weaker engines playing at 4 CPU.
Blame it on my sleepy state - while arranging the match to test one late beta, I clicked by mistake on the "Houdini 1 cpu" in my list of engines, launched the match and went to sleep. In the morning I had some urgent issues so I just posted the results without reviewing, comments or observations.
I found out just now as I opened the pgn to review the games - and I see that the opponent is marked as 1cpu.
So sorry again. After my vacation I return to testing, to see if there is any space for improvement of 3beta.

more_horiz
Vladimir wrote:

Fire 2.2 GH Cremator3 x64 vs. Houdini 1.5a x64 Match is underway
Time Control: 3 Minutes
The results soon in the Tests Room

Fire 2.2 GH Cremator3 x64 vs. Houdini 1.5a x64 Match is over.
https://www.chess2u.com/t3599-fire-22-gh-cremator3-x64-vs-houdini-15a-x64
Houdini 1.5a is still much stronger!

more_horiz
@Qxf6 wrote:
redface Guys, I am deeply sorry for the unintentional hoax I created - my apology.
The match below was actually played against a 1 CPU Houdini - a personality I use in tournaments to determine comparative strength of some weaker engines playing at 4 CPU.
Blame it on my sleepy state - while arranging the match to test one late beta, I clicked by mistake on the "Houdini 1 cpu" in my list of engines, launched the match and went to sleep. In the morning I had some urgent issues so I just posted the results without reviewing, comments or observations.
I found out just now as I opened the pgn to review the games - and I see that the opponent is marked as 1cpu.
So sorry again. After my vacation I return to testing, to see if there is any space for improvement of 3beta.

:sm017:

more_horiz
Vladimir wrote:
@Qxf6 wrote:

:sm017:
bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

more_horiz
u caused me to loose 100k in cometoplay

descriptionFire 2.2 xTreme - Page 4 Emptywhat is the time control

more_horiz
because i am sure that i have tried much of these settings before
if it is 2:1: or10sec fire will lose any game even with any settings
only if you want try..try at any long time control 5 minutes 10m 15..20
and you will observe that at 5 m when fire begins playing whith time if he was better and have material advantage he will go crazy and will lose try all these settings with the long time ..try and repost another reply and answer me if i was right or wrong exclaim

more_horiz
@Qxf6 wrote:

No worries, whoever says whatsoever, a wise man can stick" A gold is a gold and a brass is a brass"

more_horiz
What does Extend_IN_Check do?

more_horiz
@pogi wrote:

nobody wants to answer?

more_horiz
@pogi wrote:

This option when on will extend an extra half-ply when in check.

more_horiz
Carlos wrote:
@pogi wrote:

This option when on will extend an extra half-ply when in check.

Thank you.

more_horiz
and....
@kranium wrote:
i did prepare such a document for the release of Fire 1.31 -> UCI options.rtf
it's included in the 1.31 download archive.

it has a detailed description of all Fire 1.31 UCI options, many of which are still present in Fire 2.2

at the moment i am taking a break, to recharge batteries, so to speak...
i do intend, however to revise and expand the 1.31 UCI options.rtf to include all the the new Fire 2.2 options
in the meantime, this existing doc might be a good start.

UCI options (a detailed description)
http://www.chesslogik.com/downloads/Fire_131_x64_KLO_popcnt.rar
http://chess.cygnitec.com/engine/ivanhoe/IvanHoe999947c.7z

descriptionFire 2.2 xTreme - Page 4 EmptyFire 2.2 desired millis

more_horiz
Fire 2.2 64W desired millis
compiled by NS
mediafire.com ?69w62iqsjpvxdej

When DLL files are needed.
mediafire.com ?l0m76cnrxcetg00

more_horiz
Thanks

more_horiz
WOW this is a very good engine, way stronger than Fire 2.2 Cremator. I think this could be the best engine yet... thanks a lot, Carlos.

Now to test it against Houdini!

more_horiz
What does "desired millis" stand for?
Never mind, found it: "The factor that determines the "general tempo" of the game is DesiredMillis.
This parameter has not been exposed by Kranium as a UCI option, it has a fixed value of 40."

I tried it against GH & PP and it lost to both (0-3 and 1-3 respectively plus 7 and 6 draws - without the 90 move limit it might have lost even bigger). But maybe it's not designed for 1 minute plus 1s/move, as it seemed to only be using the extra time. That is, whenever GH & PP were down to 10-20s left, dm still had more than a minute.

more_horiz
what is the proper way to load bulkload and triplebases? triplebase directory has 2-3-4-5-6z-33-42-51-z how much should go into bulkload and how much in triplebases?

example: triplebase 2-3-4-5 bulkload 2-3-4-5-6z-33-42-51-z

more_horiz
very good engine
i had to set desired at 30 and 32 for 3 min games. I havent tried five min games yet but will soon as i get the bases loaded the right way. fire still crashes in chessbase 12 with windows 7. I have chessbase eight so Ill try that too. if you can figure out the crash deal i think you have a winner. If all else fails ill try it in arena and see what it does.

more_horiz
@gotogo wrote:
what is the proper way to load bulkload and triplebases? triplebase directory has 2-3-4-5-6z-33-42-51-z how much should go into bulkload and how much in triplebases?

example: triplebase 2-3-4-5 bulkload 2-3-4-5-6z-33-42-51-z

http://chess.cygnitec.com/engine/ivanhoe/IvanHoe999947c.7z
RobboBases.pdf file

1. Create a directory named RobboBases and then create two sub-directories (RobboTripleBase and RobboTotalBase) under RobboBases. 2. Create five sub-directories (2, 3, 4, 5, and Z) under RobboTripleBase directory. 3. Create four sub-directories (3, 4, 5, and Z) under RobboTotalBase directory. 4. Download each archive to the corresponding directory. 5. To extract, right-click the archive (use the archive ending with 001 for split files), and make sure to click Extract Here.

Loading And Using

For me, the path settings look as follow:
RobboTotalBaseDirectory X:\chess\tablebases\RobboBases\RobboTotalBase RobboTripleBaseDirectory X:\chess\tablebases\RobboBases\RobboTripleBase

Arena and ChessGUI normally retain path pointing to the tablebases.

Fritz: This GUI will not remember the directories, and you must set it each time. A simple trick -- when creating UCI Engine, before clicking OK, go to parameter, set the directories, and click OK. It will complain that you need to modify the name -- just place your cursor right to last character and press the space-bar, then click Ok.

Another approach is create a new engine, and with show hidden files/folders enabled, browse to
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\ChessBase\Engines.UCI
or it might be
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\ChessBase\Engines.UCI

Open the UCI engine file with your favorite text editor, and modify it to mirror sample below with correct directories:

[ENGINE] Name=IvanHoe 9.57b x64 Author=Yakov Petrovich Golyadkin, Igor Igorovich Igoronov, Roberto Pescatore, Yusuf Ralf Weisskopf, Ivan Skavinsky Skavar plus Decembrists (all) Filename=X:\chess\engine\ivanhoe\IvanHoe999957a.exe[OPTIONS] RobboTotalBaseDirectory=X:\chess\tablebases\RobboBases\RobboTotalBase RobboTripleBaseDirectory=X:\chess\tablebases\RobboBases\RobboTripleBase

More configurations pertaining to TripleBases are described in the uci_options.pdf file.

more_horiz
exclaim thank Carlos

more_horiz
@gotogo wrote:
very good engine
i had to set desired at 30 and 32 for 3 min games. I havent tried five min games yet but will soon as i get the bases loaded the right way. fire still crashes in chessbase 12 with windows 7. I have chessbase eight so Ill try that too. if you can figure out the crash deal i think you have a winner. If all else fails ill try it in arena and see what it does.

Waiting for the result!!

descriptionFire 2.2 xTreme - Page 4 EmptyThe Fire project has officially ended

more_horiz
I've just decided to visit the Fire site today http://chesslogik/fire.htm to download Fire 2.2 xTreme and guess what I found....

Fire 2.2 xTreme is no longer available for download

The open-source development of Fire has officially ended, and it is no longer available for download.

Bad news :sm011:

more_horiz
There is a new project from Norm (Robbolito 0.09 SMP).
https://www.chess2u.com/t4513p15-robbolito-009-smp

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum