Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionChanging the ChessBase folder location in Win7? EmptyChanging the ChessBase folder location in Win7?

more_horiz
Hi all, I want to know whether it is possible to change the locations of the ChessBase folder in My Documents to another directory, without junctions/symlinks.
Thanks!

descriptionChanging the ChessBase folder location in Win7? EmptyRe: Changing the ChessBase folder location in Win7?

more_horiz
you can on installation choose another destination but there will be a sort of instruction folder in my documents, if you just cut and past it will create another chessbase folder.

descriptionChanging the ChessBase folder location in Win7? EmptyRe: Changing the ChessBase folder location in Win7?

more_horiz
@picasso wrote:
you can on installation choose another destination but there will be a sort of instruction folder in my documents, if you just cut and past it will create another chessbase folder.

i think so :sm29:

more_horiz
Hmm, I just want my tablebases + books on my SSD, not sure if it makes any difference though lol. Atm I am using a NTFS file system junction to put my docs on a 2nd HDD, as they take up a lot of room and my SSD is very small.

more_horiz
tablebase can go anywhere you want (i use an external hd for the 6 man) you also can put books where you like, no need to put them in the documents folder or to move it, as you can load book from anywhere in the comp/external drive without any problem.

more_horiz
Oh right, of course! Why didn't I realise that lol, I'm a fool :x
Thanks!

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum