Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionReally Strong new engine: LEOpard vers. 0.7c (Beta) EmptyReally Strong new engine: LEOpard vers. 0.7c (Beta)

more_horiz
New Italian engine, stronger like Fire, Stockfish, IvanHoe...

Web Original: http://www.giocareascacchi.it/utility/forum/Chess-Engine/1986-LEOpard-U-C-I-chess-engine-.html/1/

Download LEOpard vers. 0.7c : mediafire.com ?plak7aa0nb3dzn4

Download LEOpard 0.7c OM for old Pc's: mediafire.com ?gqusn14dqu8ea5e

Really Strong new engine: LEOpard vers. 0.7c (Beta) Leopardo2

Nombre del torneo: Test-06

Sitio / País: Atila, Italia
Nivel: Lightning 1.1
Hardware: AMD Turion (tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 de 2100 MHz con 3,9 GB de memoria
OS: Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 7601) de 64 bits
Libro: Dahlem_Equal.abk

Leopard - Critter_1.01_64bit: 1.5 / 2 1-0-1 (= 1) 75 191%
Leopard - Deep Rybka 4.1 x64: 1.5 / 2 1-0-1 (= 1) 75% 191
Leopard - Houdini_15a_x64: 0.5 / 2 0-1-1 (= 0) 25 -191%
Leopard - Ivanhoe B47cBx64a: 1.0 / 2 0-0-2 (==) 50% ± 0
Leopard - Stockfish-21-64-ja: 1.0 / 2 0-0-2 (==) 50% ± 0

descriptionReally Strong new engine: LEOpard vers. 0.7c (Beta) EmptyRe: Really Strong new engine: LEOpard vers. 0.7c (Beta)

more_horiz
thaxx thes only cpu 1 ?

descriptionReally Strong new engine: LEOpard vers. 0.7c (Beta) EmptyRe: Really Strong new engine: LEOpard vers. 0.7c (Beta)

more_horiz
Leopard 0.7c (new CPU and old CPU) - download

more_horiz
engine ERORR

more_horiz
Engine erorr not working

more_horiz
This is in fact an extremely strong engine. If I am right it can be the world new Number 2 among engines using only one core, only after Houdini 1.5, but not very far from it. LEOnard is surprisingly fast, about three times faster in my quad than Critter 1.2 or more than double than the fastest Ivans. Well done!!!

Regards from Barcelona.

Tom.

more_horiz
Hi... Foks, ... This engine is smp ... play with the amount of cpu that you has! ... However ... in my Phenom x 6 AMD works only, Leopard 07c w64 and Leopard 07 c w64T.. the other (Leopard 07 c w64HE and the Leopard 07cTHE) simply does not load in my Fritz gui 11, ... a good engine without doubt what I is very similar to the Fire., to be good the autor com in program the currentmoves. hugs

more_horiz
@Tomcass wrote:
This is in fact an extremely strong engine. If I am right it can be the world new Number 2 among engines using only one core, only after Houdini 1.5, but not very far from it. LEOnard is surprisingly fast, about three times faster in my quad than Critter 1.2 or more than double than the fastest Ivans. Well done!!!

Regards from Barcelona.

Tom.

CHECK TASK MANAGER !!!

this 1 core (SP) engine is NOT just a single core engine , totaly different speeds if you tick the "SMP" box to without it ticked

YES it shows as 1CPU on GUI . but its NOT

more_horiz
yes! the engine is SMP for multiple threads
What is the difference between LEOpard_07c-w64 and LEOpard_07c w64T ?

more_horiz
Carlos wrote:
yes! the engine is SMP for multiple threads
What is the difference between LEOpard_07c-w64 and LEOpard_07c w64T ?

from read me file translated from Italian

--------------------
Leopard vers. 0.7b
--------------------

Changes:
-------------
0.7: initial release

0.7a: fix several bugs

0.7b: Net yield improvement in the game, fix more bugs, improvement of the game in the final. Now the program "makes it" good!

0.7c:
additional fixes "bugs", code cleanup, new feature to set mode
"Positional" compilation for new experimental version of "Turbo",
Compiling CPUs for "High End", support for up to 12 CPUs!

Style of play:
----------------
Leopard
has a very aggressive and fast-paced game, but for the players more
"quiet" mode you can set the "Positional" (using the button to be
selected in the settings of your UCI GUI), where the program will adopt a
much more solid and positional.

Recommended settings:
--------------------------

- Hash: from 32 to 2048 Mbytes. For the blitz is advisable to have it at 64 or 128

- HashPawns and HashPV: 16 to up to 64 Mbytes. For older machines with little RAM can be reduced to 2 or 4.

- HashEval: always double the Hash.

- SMP is set by default. For single processor machines it is best to disable it.

-
TC-Buffer is a kind of "deposit" where the program accumulates the
"reserve time" for not staying in time-trouble BLITZ IN GAMES. Each machine has its value: 200 on my laptop is great, but on other computers I have seen values ​​of 500 and 1000. To experience. If you see that the program is always short of time, aumentatene the value of 100 units at a time.

- MultiPV: leave the default settings (1)

- Ponder: That is the computer "thinks" even when it touches the opponent. By default is disabled.

- LargePage: Enables a special mode where the program quickly moves large amounts of memory. Its activation significantly increases the speed and program performance.

Different versions:
------------------
They are distributed in 64-bit versions for Windows, Windows 32-bit and Linux 64-bit. For
each version there is a "basic" version that works on most machines and
a "HE" (High End) for high-performance processors (support POPCNT, MSSE
4.1, 4.2 and 4.3, etc..) Such as " Intel Core i7 ". It 'also includes an experimental version of "T" (Turbo) again for normal and high-performance machines.

List versions:
-----------------

- Win64: Version for Windows 64bit

- Win64HE: Version for Windows 64bit CPU "High End" (support POPCNT, MSSE 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3, etc..)

- Win64T: new experimental version of "Turbo"

- Win64THE: Turbo machinery "High End" (support POPCNT, MSSE 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3, etc..)

- Same way for 32-bit Windows systems (win64, win64HE, and win64T win64THE)

- X64: 64bit version for Linux systems

- X64HE: 64bit version for Linux systems with high performance (supports POPCNT, MSSE 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3, etc..)

- X64T: 64bit version for Linux systems, new experimental version of "Turbo"

-X64THE: Turbo machinery "High End" (support POPCNT, MSSE 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3, etc..)

more_horiz
if you make SMP box BLANK then you will get true 1CPU speeds

running here at moment useng 4 threads its speeds about several 1000 knds slower than Houdini .on a par with SLOWER IvanHoes

Last edited by mars on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
exclaim mars

more_horiz
Having said its slower , i have to add that at one win each and 1 draw so far its doing a lot better than some engine have begun vrs Houdini

1+1 No ponder , No books ,No Bases , haven't a clue if its using Large Pages though i think NOT and Houdini IS as their on by default

the experimental T version 64 bit 512 hash

more_horiz
LEOpard is based on IvanHoe
Well, let's see if there any improvements or not

LEOpard 0.7c x64 vs. Ivanhoe B47cB x64 Match is underway arrow
The results soon in the Tests Room

more_horiz
IvanHoe B47cB!!! ftw

more_horiz
Vladimir wrote:

LEOpard 0.7c x64 vs. Ivanhoe B47cB x64 Match is over
https://www.chess2u.com/t3163-leonard#18733
Although LEOpard 0.7c is based on ivanHoe but not better than ivanhoe

more_horiz
Vladimir wrote:
Vladimir wrote:

LEOpard 0.7c x64 vs. Ivanhoe B47cB x64 Match is over
https://www.chess2u.com/t3163-leonard#18733
Although LEOpard 0.7c is based on ivanHoe but not better than ivanhoe

version i used does not support robbobases but it fared about as well vrs houdini without them as ivahoe does with bases , it lost but acquitted itself reasonably well in short test , and was stable , but as ever houdini comes good the more it plays :(

descriptionReally Strong new engine: LEOpard vers. 0.7c (Beta) EmptyInstalling the HE and THE versions?!?

more_horiz
Has anyone been able to install the HE and THE versions of this engine.

In the Fritz 12 GUI and Arena it crashes while creating the UCI engine :(

(Hardware is I7 975X = should be suitable for these versions)

The normal and turbo versions work fine and are quite strong on PlayChess.Com.

In September the author wants to bring on the "final" 1.0 version so I'm very curious.

My PlayChess.com results with this engine:

3-5 min. games, mostly against Houdini and stronger hardware.

1 Victorious,LEOpard 0.7c - Turb 2582 40.0/107
2 Victorious,LEOpard 0.7c 2665 10.0/24

16 min. games, mostly against Houdini and stronger hardware.

Rated game, 16m + 0s 2011

1 Victorious,LEOpard 0.7c - Turb 2588 15.0/34

more_horiz
@FlyingDutchman wrote:

My PlayChess.com results with this engine:

3-5 min. games, mostly against Houdini and stronger hardware.

1 Victorious,LEOpard 0.7c - Turb 2582 40.0/107
2 Victorious,LEOpard 0.7c 2665 10.0/24

16 min. games, mostly against Houdini and stronger hardware.

Rated game, 16m + 0s 2011

1 Victorious,LEOpard 0.7c - Turb 2588 15.0/34

exclaim

more_horiz
The link to Leopard download is no longer active. Can anybody here tell me where I can download it?
Thanks

more_horiz
@pippoz wrote:
The link to Leopard download is no longer active. Can anybody here tell me where I can download it?
Thanks

LEOpard 0.7c
LEOpard 0.7c OM for old Pc's
Mirror Links:
megaupload.com 2N0PYKF6
http://www.uploadking.com/64UVKTI4YY
http://www.uploadhere.com/U4TLXI0HLU
depositfiles.com t54fp3sri
hotfile.com LEOpard_07c.7z.html
mediafire.com ?8rej8ad2k4g589q

more_horiz
Thank you very much! exclaim

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum