Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

SeekWanda.ctg

descriptionSeekWanda.ctg EmptySeekWanda.ctg

more_horiz
Seek Wanda.ctg: uploading.com Seek-Wanda.rar/

No.4 on sedat and best of all it is free :-)

descriptionSeekWanda.ctg EmptyRe: SeekWanda.ctg

more_horiz
Is the book real?

more_horiz
XsupremeX wrote:
Is the book real?

I have slight doubt in the moment !
the first forum where Eros would publish his book,would be 100% in the rybka forum.
but no release in the rybka forum at the moment !

this is megusta his first post here,at the same time post this in two another forum with two other name !!

very skeptical in moment

more_horiz
need settings anyway without is a lot of test and try...

more_horiz
0-100

more_horiz
ok i spoken to eros he did released his book!
here mirror link and settings:

SeekWanda.ctg
by eros

No.4 sedat IIX tour

(/----------------)
(----------------/)
(----------------/)

0/100

link:
SeekWanda.ctg - megaupload

more_horiz
Thx much picasso exclaim
great gesture by Eros !

and many thx to megusta for posting the Book here exclaim

more_horiz
Thx for confirmation and for posting it ! cool

more_horiz
Strong book

Thanx Megusta

more_horiz
great! thanks megusta!

more_horiz
very interesting: Eros speaks about his book here
i have copy and paste this post from another forum!

right, I should have used a new thread instead of another existing one.
I copy/paste it here too, so as to give some useful information about Ms Wanda (if you can find her) ;-)
P.S. maybe the book is not that crapy and I am not so lucky, it was just another depression moment I was having when I wrote that post a few hours ago (for the joy of Nelson de sade ;-)

Ruben,
again, you talk way too well about me, but believe me, my success is pure luck, I don't deserve any merit.
The book I sent Sedat (Seek-Wanda) is worthless.
I like Sedat's book tournaments, so again I wanted to have some fun creating a book that mostly plays the opening of my real manual book (Sikanda).
You can't imagine my surprise when I saw it stay on first place for so much time, then, fairly, it dropped. Surprise because... I worked on that book for a couple of days only!
I spent a couple of hours selecting the games to import (mostly corr games and playchess games with time control from 16 minutes and higher) and a couple of days testing it on playchess, to tune some variations. How can such a book, with nearly no variety, which speculated on the still not much explored variation 6.Bg5-7.Qf3 on Najdorf be strong? I can only think of luck, unless Nelson has another explanation.
Another interesting thing to notice is that since I mostly imported long games in it (of the 100.000 games forming the book, I only imported a few hundreds of my blitz games in it with priority analysis, to make the variations that I play in green on auto) it should have been a book more suited for long time control games. At least that's what I heard from other bookmakers, (I have very little experience with imported games books, so I almost believed them!) that if you want a strong book for blitz you have to import blitz games in it. I always thought that was a weird thing, as long games should contain stronger moves which must be strong (even stronger!) in blitz games too. The results in the Sedat Tour proved my thoughts were correct.
Here is the link I sent Sedat before the start of the Tour: multiupload.com 2JDSFJUNPM
As I said, it should do better in long time controls than in blitz. The problem, like in all my imported games books, is that once someone refutes the only variation it plays, the book becomes worthless ;-) anyway, as it plays main lines, it's not as easy to refute it as it would be to refute dragon and 1.e3, lol.
The settings I indicated to Sedat were: first bar all to the left, the two bars below all to the right, minimum games: 0, up to move: 100. But try to change those, probably there are better settings.
A weird thing that happened is that despite it has 1...e5 after 1.e4 in green, it only played that move 3 times in sedat tour. So you can try to change the weights so it plays it more often, I am still not sure how weights work... so I can't give suggestions, or just put 1...c5 in red so that 1...e5 will always be played.
Ah, you should change something after the moves: 1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 a6 6.Be3 e5 7.Nb3 Be7 8.f3 Be6 9.Qd2 0-0 10.0-0-0 Nbd7 11.g4 b5 12.a3 Nc5. That's a novelty move I stole from a game played by Carlo2 on Chess-Knots, which should give an easy equality to Black (I am playing that variation myself right now on ficgs against sebi)
I thought it was interesting to add that variation (the only manual variation I added) but somehow I added a losing line, which continues with 13.Nxc5 dxc5 14.Nd5 Bxd5 15.exd5 Bd6?!. Change this move with 15...Qd6! and add if you want: 16.g5 Nh5 17.h4 c4 =
Hope you have fun with this crappy book! ;-)
Eros.

Last edited by Guido.M on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
you missed:
P.S. maybe the book is not that crapy and I am not so lucky, it was just another depression moment I was having when I wrote that post a few hours ago (for the joy of Nelson de sade ;-)

exclaim

more_horiz
@picasso wrote:
you missed:

exclaim

corrected exclaim

more_horiz
immense strong book !
result soon here:
https://www.chess2u.com/t3473-testo-opening-book-test-on-chessbase

more_horiz
How do I import a book party in the blitz? I think that I somehow did it by accident with a book and AM19 was a miracle for blitz games on the net

more_horiz
Menu: Edit – Openings book – Import games

The games of the database will be merged to a tree of positions.

more_horiz
I apologize if I'm boring. If I understand you good book should be active during the tournament? That it be open book while the tournament lasts. I have Deep Fritz12. In any case, thank you very much. If you accidentally interesting knjigav Morphius 11_6 CTG! let me send you the link and password.

more_horiz
In Deep Fritz 12 when the real tournament down under has an option BOOK LEARNING. You may only need to include this option? To tick?This option is located next to permanent brain

more_horiz
sorry, but i find difficulties in understanding you, but i will try to answer you, my apologis if my answers do not correspond to your questions.
in book options the 'use tournament book' should be ticked otherwise the book will playing all lines and not only the strong ones.
books partecipating in sedat & chess2u tourneys are private books, some of the makers will post them after the start of the tourney some never will.
thank you for your offer about morphius 11-6 but i already have it.
it is better if the book learning is ticked it strenghts the book by learnng

p.s. you are not boring exclaim

descriptionSeekWanda.ctg Emptyre

more_horiz
I did a 'print screen' settings, I am interested is it all right? What does 'opening DB' means?

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/51/novarasterskaslika2.png/

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/f/546/novarasterskaslika.png/

more_horiz
opening db is an additional database to referr to, do not use it in book tour.
on the settings it looks ok, just the variety of play should a bit more on the right (if you click optimise the bar will move in the right position, but you will have to re-set 0-100) unless you on porpouse chooose to limit the variety of play so drastically.

hope it will helps

descriptionSeekWanda.ctg Emptyre

more_horiz
What is with pictures?are they ok?

more_horiz
yes i saw them

more_horiz
setting

SeekWanda.ctg Seekwa10

more_horiz
All this is so marked .. My question was whether BOOK LEARNING should be marked-on? Or not?

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum