Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionRequest for some ChessGUI books EmptyRequest for some ChessGUI books

more_horiz
If any of you book enthusiasts could make a book for ChessGUI, I'd happily try it out for you in my CCRL testing. wink

descriptionRequest for some ChessGUI books EmptyRe: Request for some ChessGUI books

more_horiz
Is it possible to convert .ctg into .cgb ?

descriptionRequest for some ChessGUI books EmptyRe: Request for some ChessGUI books

more_horiz
Victor wrote:

From the ChessGUI readme file:

1.) Miscellaneous ... / Utilities ... / Create ChessGUI Book ...
2.) Browse for a Pgn input file
3.) Browse for location to put private B/W GUI Book
4.) Choose whether to create new books or append or none
5.) Set number of half moves to read from each Pgn game
6.) If Pgn file is last Pgn file, check the "Last Pgn" checkbox, otherwise
uncheck it.
7.) Click "Create Books" and wait
8.) If necessary, repeat 2,4,5,6,7
You choose "create new book" only for first pgn file and "Last Pgn" only for last.
The games in pgn file are expected to have result tags (1-0, 0-1, 1/2-1/2).

If you need to download ChessGUI first, you can get it here:
http://www.chessgui.com/

more_horiz
is there more details on how to create book on ChessGUI?

more_horiz
@wawoy wrote:
is there more details on how to create book on ChessGUI?

The post just above yours gives the instructions from the ChessGUI readme file.

more_horiz
GrahamB wrote:
Victor wrote:

uncheck it.
You choose "create new book" only for first pgn file and "Last Pgn" only for last.

This is to Create ChessGUI Book using PGN file, but my question is to convert a .ctg file to a.cgb file?
because already there is a very strong books but in .ctg format.

more_horiz
Victor wrote:
GrahamB wrote:
Victor wrote:

uncheck it.

This is to Create ChessGUI Book using PGN file, but my question is to convert a .ctg file to a.cgb file?

I'm sorry, but I have no idea. I'll ask Matthias.

more_horiz
zedd1919 is good book maker!!

Greetings

more_horiz
Victor wrote:
GrahamB wrote:
Victor wrote:

uncheck it.

Matthias tells me that he is unaware of a way to convert ctg to cbg.

more_horiz
All one needs to make a ChessGUI book is a good quality pgn file.

more_horiz
i got the program, it is very slow in building the book, i'll see to do something this week end,

GrahamB, any limit on thize, moves etc?

thx

more_horiz
@picasso wrote:
i got the program, it is very slow in building the book, i'll see to do something this week end,

GrahamB, any limit on thize, moves etc?

thx

CCRL has a restriction of 12 opening moves (24 half moves), but anything between 8-12 moves is fine.
As for size, that doesn't matter as long as it's a good quality book. exclaim

more_horiz
I just realized for the ChessGUI to use my new book, I need to replace the currently used ChsGUI_book.cgb file with the book I want to use and rename it as ChsGUI_book.cgb

Knowledge = idea

And idea = cool

more_horiz
@Castle00 wrote:
I just realized for the ChessGUI to use my new book, I need to replace the currently used ChsGUI_book.cgb file with the book I want to use and rename it as ChsGUI_book.cgb

Knowledge = idea

And idea = cool

No you don't need to do that.
Put your book into the GUI data folder and select it as the book you want to use in the tournament options.

more_horiz
ok, is the first time for this kind of book so i have no idea of what it has come out.
neither i understand why i got a book .cgb and 1 .bk3.
however i have enclosed both. in the hope someone will enlight me on the matter, and that someone will test it posting the games.. here is the link:
picasso1 - megaupload

more_horiz
@picasso wrote:
ok, is the first time for this kind of book so i have no idea of what it has come out.
neither i understand why i got a book .cgb and 1 .bk3.
however i have enclosed both. in the hope someone will enlight me on the matter, and that someone will test it posting the games.. here is the link:
picasso1 - megaupload

Thank you for your efforts. I will certainly try your book out in a tournament.

You are able to create either a cgb book (remis book) or a bk3 book (winning book).
In order to create a cgb remis book, you should change all the result tags to 1/2-1/2 because only games with that result tag will be used by the ChessGUI book creation tool.
If you prefer to leave all result tags as they are, you should go for the option of creating a bk3 book.

Hope that helps explain things better.

more_horiz
so tecnically i have made a book (cgb) with only the draw games and a book (bk3) with only the winning games?

more_horiz
@picasso wrote:
so tecnically i have made a book (cgb) with only the draw games and a book (bk3) with only the winning games?

The bk3 book should include all the games with result tags (wins and draws) as far as I'm aware.
The cgb book will only include games tagged as draws. You can overcome this by changing all result tags to draws if you wish, which is what I did when I used a pgn file to create mine.

A cgb book is different than a ctg book in that it will use an opening line given as it is to have the engines play on from the end position of that line. It will not factor in preferences or percentages to change the possibility of different moves being made as that line is played.
So I guess in effect you're creating end positions for the engines to play on from.

Hope that makes sense.

more_horiz
yes, thank you very much, now i am very courous about the performance of the 2 books...
keep me posted
exclaim

more_horiz
@picasso wrote:
yes, thank you very much, now i am very courous about the performance of the 2 books...
keep me posted
exclaim

Your book will be used in this new tournament:
http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/discussion-board/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6178

more_horiz
Some more ChessGUI books would be great!

It's easy to let ChessGUI convert a pgn file into an opening book through its in-built book creator. razz

descriptionRequest for some ChessGUI books EmptyParse engine clock time

more_horiz
I realize this is an old post but I'm trying to use pgn4web to broadcast a tournament without using TLCS (Tom's Live Chess Server) this way I don't have to use a client to view it but instead use a browser.

I have ChessGUI working quite well creating the tournament crosstable, schedule, pgn etc. But I have one major obstacle in getting this to work via pgn4web. The pgn that's created just has a time stamp, so no engine clock info. So although I'm able to broadcast the tournament displaying the chessboard and have it show all the moves being made, live, I can't find a way to display the clock.

I know that TCEC was able to overcome this using cutechess-cli which I'd be willing to try (assuming the pgn's it creates show engine time info.) but then I wouldn't have the lovely crosstable and schedule created which I really like about ChessGUI.

I'm hoping maybe you have some other way that I can accomplish both goals (displaying engine clock times and having the schedule and crosstable automatically created).
Any help would be appreciated.

more_horiz
@yorkman wrote:
I realize this is an old post but I'm trying to use pgn4web to broadcast a tournament without using TLCS (Tom's Live Chess Server) this way I don't have to use a client to view it but instead use a browser.

I have ChessGUI working quite well creating the tournament crosstable, schedule, pgn etc. But I have one major obstacle in getting this to work via pgn4web. The pgn that's created just has a time stamp, so no engine clock info. So although I'm able to broadcast the tournament displaying the chessboard and have it show all the moves being made, live, I can't find a way to display the clock.

I know that TCEC was able to overcome this using cutechess-cli which I'd be willing to try (assuming the pgn's it creates show engine time info.) but then I wouldn't have the lovely crosstable and schedule created which I really like about ChessGUI.

I'm hoping maybe you have some other way that I can accomplish both goals (displaying engine clock times and having the schedule and crosstable automatically created).
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi - I have no experience broadcasting tournaments other than through either ChessGUI or Playchess. sad

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum