Gaviota v0.85 released
There were several changes compared to 0.84 (last release) and it is expected to be stronger by ~50 elo
v0.85: changes compared to 0.84
31 files changed, 2156 insertions(+), 728 deletions(-)
- Fix and improve checkmating algorithm for KBN vs K in cases there is no TBs
- Fix silent bug in file that links to the GTB interface
- Fix bug that did not allow to measure lags appropriately in the last version
- Analyze even when there is only one move available
- Add a parameter allow_memory_override_by_gui = on/off in the ini file, so the parameters for memory cannot be overridden by the graphical user interface
- Changes affecting strength
- Fractional plies implemented
- Extensions, control modified
- LMR parameters modified
- Bonus for contact checks, tuned.
- Queen tables added, individual values tuned.
- Bishop tables added, individual values tuned.
- Fix time management bug: when game started from a FEN position (black to move), first move from the next control was too slow.https://sites.google.com/site/gaviotachessengine/Home/releases/gaviotav085engine