Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionHow to make Strong opening Book? EmptyHow to make Strong opening Book?

more_horiz
What is best way to create good,strong and concise opening book if compiler got slow low processor like mine.

Mine is AMD Athlon 3000+ 2 GHz processor with 32 bit operating system.

Please have your suggestion here.

Regards.......

descriptionHow to make Strong opening Book? EmptyRe: How to make Strong opening Book?

more_horiz
Longer Time Controls. I generally tune my book on my quad core q9300 8 gigs of RAM, Windows Ultimate 7 Pro on a 128 SSD with a persistent mirror. I prefer to run 3/1, 5/1, and 7/1 games for blitz tuning, 2m/12s, 15m/10s, 60m/30s, 180m/60s for long time control games.

descriptionHow to make Strong opening Book? EmptyRe: How to make Strong opening Book?

more_horiz
How can i tune .ctg book? explain me , want to learn.......if someone put video,i shall be glad.

thanks

more_horiz
@0cta wrote:
How can i tune .ctg book? explain me , want to learn.......if someone put video,i shall be glad.

thanks

Tuning of book is the main part of book compiling and it requires lot of work and time.
It will be very helpful for new entrants to field if some top book authors share their knowledge on book tuning.

Regards........

more_horiz
@zedd1919 wrote:

It will be very helpful for new entrants to field if some top book authors share their knowledge on book tuning.
Regards........

I think this will never happen !!!
I know of some successful book authors:
they are never present their art of tuning !
each author has his own way.and every autor his secret is careful to 100%.
some have taken many months and years.
they will never learn their secrets in a public forum.

more_horiz
yes guido u r absolutely right i just want to give u here 1 small example may be no body believe me, i know a book author name munish gupta, authors of the Sicilian finale one of the best and strongest private book ever in pcc, sedat 5th place, i think all know abt that book , i saw my own eyes with team view he lost a match against 1 player in pcc and he tuned this line and next day same line he lost again with same opponent with a new move with same line and for this move answer he analyzed until 73 hours, yes 73 hours ( he keep his 1090t analysis move nearly 3 days) becz for this opponent new moves, he have 2 options 1, to change the full lines (other wise if anybody play this move with this line he will must lose)or analysis and find solution, after 73 hours he find out the solution with score i mean eval 030 and he added may be 10 moves and then find draw lines and still he not sure if its draw or not bigsmile bigsmile see his patience ( this is called best authors)i think no body will analysis like that, in this situation all change that lines or just leave it . after that day i realized making book is no so easy. 1st need patience without this book making is 0 , and 2nd always work with 1 book if u lose with Ur book so badly or whatever but just keep working with 1 book after few months u will see Ur book running like ... exclaim exclaim. after 3 years munish gupta book size 180mb, vasid chouhan book size 170 MB i think, and 1 of the best book maker Eros book size 156 MB after 7 years ( i talked with eros 2 or 3 times personally in pcc and he said to me last 7 years he is working with 1 book for his personal use and 1 database for others book makeing) . they make 10000 books from there data base for public but for own use or best competitions always play with 1 book.

1st need patience 2nd need best database ( best use playchess games and must need correspondence chess games http://www.iccf.com/content/index.php. pcc games must select from Jan o until November 11 all Houdini engine blitz games select from 2550 rating and all long games with any ratings with all engines and correspondence games just take all complete games ) 3rd need to work with some book authors, those authors who have really good hearts and ready to share there ideas and then start to make books for that i know in play chess 1st vasid chouhan id- Don007, second munish gupta id- FX7_FX5, Alex_11 or Optimize prime, 3rd Marcos aka, id- Salvation creed, some time with Fx5_fx7. anytime when i need help they helped me any question regarding engine chess they have answer not only for me for everybody. they r d best senior helpful person in play chess.com, and rest ...... mad mad

regards
I3rilliance

more_horiz
Thanks for information,I3rilliance.
i know vasid chouhan & FX7_FX5.I talked with fx7_fx5, he is very nice man.

more_horiz
few years back kevin frayers site=frayer chess his years of knowledge of book making and computer chess experience,he had a step by step bunch of pages on his site which without days and days of using his pages of step by step how to make openings books and with the big massive data bases he published back then in 2006,i would never had any idea how it was done but after loads and loads of hours every evening reading and taking his step by step advice it became quite interesting,and from then i was hooked,started seeing books i personaly made witch not many people where doing back then starting to win and win good wow what an amazing feeling of achievement... so for me big up to kevin frayer and his frayer chess site exclaim a true computer chess and book building legend his advice is second to none ... idea

more_horiz
@zedd1919 wrote:
What is best way to create good,strong and concise opening book if compiler got slow low processor like mine.

Regards.......

Try to load your maximum hash when your on analysis; use plies not time when do a tuning match. exclaim

more_horiz
@patrickee wrote:
@zedd1919 wrote:

Regards.......

Try to load your maximum hash when your on analysis; use plies not time when do a tuning match. exclaim

^ QFT. Infinite Analysis, Deep Position Analysis, and multiple engine analysis comparison can be a very good thing.

I like the idea of Monte Carlo, just not a huge fan of Ivans engines. I'd like to see a few more engines adopt it though...

more_horiz
I asked
"What is best way to create good,strong and concise opening book if compiler got slow low processor like mine?"

How to tune a opening question was asked by Octa.
Regards.....

more_horiz
Were are two to have Athlon 32bit confused
But you can make a good book without a big processor (remember David against Goliath), it just takes time for continuous improvement of open. book.
You must look at the percentage of gain for blacks and whites in a particular line (the percentage gains in human games are not necessarily the percentage gains of a chess engine games) and not choose moves that removes 0.20 pawn or more by checking with 2 or 3 engines .
After, the creativity of the human acts as the choice of the opening by JapanTopOne .

One great article on tuning chess open. book exclaim

http://frayerchess.wordpress.com/2008/12/18/opening-book-hand-tuning-i/

more_horiz
@patrickee wrote:
@zedd1919 wrote:

Regards.......

exclaim

more_horiz
Nice information......it will be helpful us

thanks..... exclaim exclaim exclaim

descriptionHow to make Strong opening Book? Emptyre

more_horiz
Octa? Where you just found a black cat? It is bad luck-bad luck. You have a million pictures on the net .... You found a black cat xexexe

lol lol lol lol lol

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum