Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionAquarium Book Adapter EmptyAquarium Book Adapter

more_horiz
ChessOK wrote:
After being asked several times about how to use Houdini Opening Book without owning the Aquarium package, we feel the need to answer this question specifically. We have developed Aquarium Book Adapter, a software package allowing you to use Aquarium books in other interfaces.

Follow this link to download Aquarium Book Adapter:
http://www.chessok.com/download/Aquarium/books/AquariumBookAdapterSetup.exe

To learn more about the Adapter, follow this link:
http://www.chessok.com/books/BAdapter.html

Although the latest Aquarium update (build 490) also installs Aquarium Book Adapter, you can only use it when Aquarium is not running. If you want to use them simultaneously, install a separate copy of the Adapter.

To use it, follow the steps below:
1) Run AquariumBookAdapterSetup.exe. Select the installation folder AquariumBookAdapter.exe and ABAGUI.exe will be installed to. Other essential files will also be copied to the DATA subfolder.
2) Run ABAGUI.EXE to configure the Adapter. See http://www.chessok.com/books/BAdapter.html for details.
3) Run Fritz or other GUI and add AquariumBookAdapter.exe as a new engine.
4) When installing the Opening Book, you will be asked to specify the Aquarium installation folder. Currently, the Book Adapter’s main purpose is to make Houdini Opening Book compatible with other interfaces. So select the directory you installed Aquarium Book Adapter to as the Aquarium installation folder. Add d2m tree (d2m.hsh and d2m.elm files) to the ATrees\Satistics folder and cap tree (cap.hsh, cap.elm) to the ATrees folder, rewriting the existing ones (after installing the Book Adapter they contain only demo trees).

The system is now ready for work.

If you have Aquarium with Houdini Opening Book on your computer, you may want to install a separate copy of the opening book to run it in different interfaces simultaneously. Using one copy of the book by different programs at a time can cause unpredictable errors.

descriptionAquarium Book Adapter EmptyRe: Aquarium Book Adapter

more_horiz
Thanks, I have a doubt.

what is the difference, and because the values ​​are different?
note.

Aquarium Book Adapter Houdin10 Aquarium Book Adapter Houdin12

when I use the platform it uses 54.972k aquarium houdini
and when I use the platform it uses rybka4 546.100k of memory.

on the platform of the value rybka4 ta much larger than the houdiniaquarium, this means that the engine is using the best platformrybka4?

and I realized also that within the platform so houdini aquarium so he is constantly analyzing the movement of the engine when it comes my turn to move him to analyze.

I tested the two engines on one platform and one in the aquarium houdini rybka4 rybka4 platform and won!

How do I setup for the aquarium houdini stay strong?

more_horiz

Instruction This is the rybka forum ... I tried and I can not I put the book Fritz GUI. I do not use Aqvarium! Whether it can be inserted in the Fritz GUI Houdini book? If you could ask for in Instruction? THANK YOU

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforum/topic_show.pl?tid=23579

Or do I have to take off that Houdini Aqvarium and install it in a book? And there in Fritz GUI?

Sometimes the complicated variations of more practical and fast ......

more_horiz
I'm trying everything here, and I can not convert.

more_horiz
Aquarium Book Adapter

(New Version + New Options) 08-Nov-2011

Aquarium Book Adapter Adapte10

This program can be used to 2 main things:

1. Able to use Aquarium book format in Fritz GUI.
2. Able to use ctg book in winboard without Fritz GUI.

For both you need to edit a file that comes with it called: tree_configurations.xml located in (AquariumBookAdapter folder >>> Data folder). I have edited mine and as you can see I set ABA to use victorius.ctg book.

PS Load AquariumBookAdapter.exe in Fritz or Winboard as an engine.

more_horiz
oh, get set up! and using the engine with the Houdini book houdini2lite within the platform houdini pro 2, the engine plays 100% stronger!

=)

descriptionAquarium Book Adapter Emptyneed help

more_horiz
if possible in german ... my english is bad confused plz

i will run it on fritz12 gui

i install adapter i config it (choose engine an choose books )
than i install the adapter exe in fritz 12gui like an uci engine

ok so far so good question

3 main questions

1) i try with these engine now permanent thinkin and the engine do only 1 half move
2) how i can see the book moves now .... i dont know how to choose in fritz gui to see the book moves
3) i try an enginematch between houdini aqbook engine and other houdini with ctg book .... problem is ... how to choose the houdini book in matches (in my match the aqbook engine use not the book i config in aba )

plz can anybody help a monkey sad (if possible in german)

more_horiz
No german language fionbo in the forum!

Your question 1 - what engines you tried with adapter? Remember to put Depth 100 in ABA
Your question 2 - you cant see the moves
Your question 3 - Houdini opening book no good at all, better use those great public books that win Testo tourneys.

more_horiz
Do I need to be copied and pasted the engine Houdini 2.0b Aqvarium file adapter? So that after instalira.Ja somehow got installed Hoduini2.0bABA engine. I put it to test pm blitz game .... 1 min to play with the engine without the book and the result is personal, 50-50%. How do I know that the book was included? Does not say Houdini book! The engine is running slower than aquarium adapter. Is this normal or am I installed something wrong?

more_horiz
The best way to be sure you are using the book you want is you have in your computer Aquarium GUI program and load the book in this GUI. Then extract tree_configurations.xml file in this Aquarium GUI to Adapter folder.

Example: Load a book in Deep Rybka 3 Aquarium GUI then go to folder...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Deep Rybka 3 Aquarium\Config

And right click in the file tree_configurations.xml and choose "copy"

Now go to folder...

C:\AquariumBookAdapter\Data\Config

Right click, choose "paste"

Then click "Yes" to exchange files.

Last edited by XsupremeX on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionAquarium Book Adapter Emptyre

more_horiz
I do not know whether it makes sense ... This book will be out for a week ... Maybe it already is now. if I install. Viktorius it wins!

It would be good to make a test without a book Houdini Houdini otaranja-opening book with the adapter! Or something I did not install properly or adapter engine slows down a lot in the tournament.

more_horiz
This book will be past soon, maybe it is already! razz

more_horiz
PS A way to make the adapter installation with engine + ctg book or Houdini book easier is to have already in your computer Deep Rybka 3 Aquarium GUI.

STEP 1: Load a ctg book or Houdini book in the GUI

Aquarium Book Adapter Guii10

STEP 2: After loading the book close program. Then copy and paste the file tree_configurations.xml to Config folder in adapter

Aquarium Book Adapter 1a10

STEP 3: Now configure ABAGui to use engine and ctg book you want or Houdini book

Aquarium Book Adapter Aba10

descriptionAquarium Book Adapter Emptyre

more_horiz
Can it be done for Hoduini2.0Pro? Or just for Houdini2.0bPro? Can it be made ​​in FritzuGUI tournament engine (H2.0Pro-H2.0bPro) with the Houdini book? Or knjihu during the tournament may use only one engine? What happens in a Fritz GUI optimization (optimization of the book when making the opening tournament)? thank you

more_horiz
You can use any Houdini version or Rybka. And for tournament you cant optimize book if you use Adapter, only thing you can do something is that Depth 100.

more_horiz
Hi guys!

Last edited by Waldemar on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Adapter v 2.5 Full (With all files you need)

mediafire.com ?abzphvglr0c134k

Using Adapter v2.5 the steps are now these:

STEP 1: Load a ctg book or Houdini book in the Deep Rybka 3 Aquarium GUI

Aquarium Book Adapter Guii10

STEP 2: Extract all files from Adapter full link to Deep Rybka 3 Aquarium folder

Aquarium Book Adapter V2510

STEP 3: Edit ABAGui to use what you want, OBS Put the engine you will use in same folder with Adapter.exe

Aquarium Book Adapter Adddd10

STEP 4: Finally load AquariumBookAdapter.exe in Fritz GUI or InfinityChess GUI or Winboard GUI as it was an engine.

more_horiz
If you dont have Deep Rybka 3 Aquarium GUI in STEP 1, you can use this one:

https://www.chess2u.com/t4850-rybka-aquarium-2011-demo-version#28234

more_horiz
XsupremeX wrote:
Hi guys!

evil

I am here to warn you about the new adapter version. This version stops many times, has many bugs and makes our computer open many engines. Use the only stable and better version 2.5, you can find here:

http://www.chessok.com/download/Aquarium/AquariumBookAdapter_v25.rar exclaim

Hey! I have to say sorry, the newest version is working perfectly, posted on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:13 pm by Steve.R, so go with it, it is great!

more_horiz
About adapter, to you be 100% sure it is working good you must see score +0.05 for 1st moves, it means you using engine and ctg book:

Aquarium Book Adapter Score10

Regards!

more_horiz
AquariumBookAdapter (latest version) doesn't work for me, does anyone have the same problem?

more_horiz
Great! finally it works! thanks to Richard_1977.

It's show time cool

more_horiz
Books fighting - beta

Shredder Classic 4 GUI + Aquarium Book Adapter
Time Control: 3 Minutes
Tournament Type: Round Robin (200 games per book / 300 total games)
Houdini 2.0c Pro x64

Participants:

killer saga patriot.ctg
1337chess 09-07-2012.ctg
Copion 1.2.ctg

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum