Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionNow it's official: Kasparov no longer training Nakamura EmptyNow it's official: Kasparov no longer training Nakamura

more_horiz
http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=7764

descriptionNow it's official: Kasparov no longer training Nakamura EmptyRe: Now it's official: Kasparov no longer training Nakamura

more_horiz
I should think not given how insulting Nakamura is:
"Hikaru had some not-so-complimentary things to say about his teacher. In a video interview with Danny King, broadcast on the official site and on Playchess, he said that there is something to be gained from his sessions with Kasparov, mainly in the opening preparation, but not much else. "I mean you look at middlegames or endgames and I’m quite convinced there are other players who are better than he was, but he was able to get advantages out of the openings so that was his main strength." When King asked him if the training would be continuing anyway he replied: "Uh…. We’ll see."
-- Chessbase.com
What nonsense!
He has already insulted US Chess by passing up its last championship to prepare for the more worthy competition in Europe, thus cheating the US players and audience. He's not a player I root for.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum