Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionHow to compile sourcecode for stockfish? EmptyHow to compile sourcecode for stockfish?

more_horiz
Can someone please guide me in how to compile the stockfish source code? I am a newbie when it comes to coding and would simply like to compile a POPCNT rendition of stockfish using visual studio 2010. I imported all the files just fine, but when I build the code, it gives me a linker error. I suppose i need to change something to command console rather than windows? I am on 64 bit windows 7 with an i7 CPU. Please be thorough with any details! Also, how do I change the default UCI options? Which .cpp file do I need to modify the constants in? thank you much!

descriptionHow to compile sourcecode for stockfish? EmptyRe: How to compile sourcecode for stockfish?

more_horiz

UCI options in ucioption.cpp

defines in types.h
#define TYPES_H_INCLUDED
//#define OLD_LOCKS
//#define NO_PREFETCH
#define WIN64
#define IS_64BIT
#define USE_POPCNT
#define INTEL_COMPILER
//#define OLD_LOCKS

¿whats version you are compiled?
¿compiled 32 or 64 Bits?

descriptionHow to compile sourcecode for stockfish? EmptyRe: How to compile sourcecode for stockfish?

more_horiz
I am on an i7 with x64 win7. I want the most optimized version I can compile. Any tips? I am clueless in visual studio

more_horiz
addendum: if i change the settings and manually type in the values in ucioptions.cpp, I should then be good? If I want to limit the thread count to 4 for example, what would I do?

more_horiz
The easiest way is to specify release and x64, at the top of the page,then right click on the name of your solution in the solution explorer column. You really only need to specify Maximum Speed /02 under c++ optimization. This is the easiest way to test new code features. I have found little difference in MS VS 2010 between this compile and more optimized settings such as a pgo. You can optimize every feature and it still loses badly to the much older version of Houdini 1.5a.

more_horiz
ps. I only use the Windows 7.1SDK compiler as there really is little difference between intel compiler and 7.1SDK in the finished product. Again compile with either one and it still loses badly to Houdini.

more_horiz
Thanks for the response, I still cannot get stockfish to output that it has detected the cpu with POPCNT. any ideas?

more_horiz
Build FAILED:

Code:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Stockfish, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>Build started 18/12/2011 09:04:16.
1>_PrepareForClean:
1>  Deleting file "x64\Release\Stockfish.lastbuildstate".
1>InitializeBuildStatus:
1>  Creating "x64\Release\Stockfish.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
1>MessageBuildingWithCompiler:
1>  Building with Intel(R) C++ Compiler XE 12.0
1>ClCompile:
1>  ***** ClCompile (X64 - Intel C++)
1>  remark #30056: no .dyn files to merge.
1>  benchmark.cpp
1>  error #11500: Feedback file .\pgopti.dpi missing
1>  compilation aborted for ..\..\..\..\..\src\benchmark.cpp (code 1)
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\x64\PlatformToolsets\Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.0\Microsoft.Cpp.x64.Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.0.targets(204,5): error MSB6001: Invalid command line switch for "icl.exe". Parameter "path" cannot have zero length.
1>
1>Build FAILED.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:00.76
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

There was an error message while trying to build stockfish with PGO using Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.0, why ?

more_horiz

You will not offend me, but the best help is that you use the tutorials or forums program from Microsoft and Intel,
This is too complex to explain in two sentences.

Use Google and find your answers.
exclaim

more_horiz
No executable

For help,

it´s source code and proyect the Stockfish VE_07, create whit Visual Studio 2011

mediafire.com ?khbl9bb18fvg4sm

Work fine in developer GUI.
Good luck.
Regards.
exclaim

more_horiz
gueroi wrote:
No executable

For help,

it´s source code and proyect the Stockfish VE_07, create whit Visual Studio 2011

Good luck.
Regards.
exclaim

Thanks!!

more_horiz
gueroi wrote:
No executable

For help,

Good luck.
Regards.
exclaim

You've got a private message.

more_horiz
When I try to compile,it seems ok.

But when I want to add this engine in Fritz GUI, it says me : engine cannot load.
It seems to be a problem with "author" and "name" of UCI engine (nothing appears in the right place)

Somebody can explain to me how to add this ?

I try to add this manually in *.uci but it doesn't go right.

more_horiz
In "misc.cpp"

static const string AppName = "Stockfish";
static const string EngineVersion = "VE_07";
static const string AppTag = "";

/// engine_name() returns the full name of the current Stockfish version.
/// the program was compiled) or "Stockfish <version number>", depending
/// on whether the constant EngineVersion is empty.

const string engine_name() {
const string cpu64(CpuIs64Bit ? " 64bit" : "");

if (!EngineVersion.empty())
return AppName + " " + EngineVersion + cpu64;

}
/// Our brave developers! Required by UCI

const string engine_authors() {
return "Authors: Tord Romstad, Marco Costalba and Joona Kiiski\n";
}

more_horiz
gueroi wrote:
In "misc.cpp"

static const string AppName = "Stockfish";
static const string EngineVersion = "VE_07";
static const string AppTag = "";

/// engine_name() returns the full name of the current Stockfish version.
/// the program was compiled) or "Stockfish <version number>", depending
/// on whether the constant EngineVersion is empty.

const string engine_name() {
const string cpu64(CpuIs64Bit ? " 64bit" : "");

if (!EngineVersion.empty())
return AppName + " " + EngineVersion + cpu64;

}
/// Our brave developers! Required by UCI

const string engine_authors() {
return "Authors: Tord Romstad, Marco Costalba and Joona Kiiski\n";
}

Thanks velmarin.

more_horiz
Thanks a lot !!! Now it's OK !

;-)

more_horiz
gueroi, Are you the compiler of Stockfish VE_07 ?

more_horiz

Yes, serie VE is my compiles.

more_horiz
gueroi wrote:
Yes, serie VE is my compiles.

Good work! I will choose your Stockfish VE 07 (or VE 07a ?) compile to participate in the Chess2U-Engine Tournament II 2012.

more_horiz

Tanks,
Syockfish VE_07b relase¡¡¡

https://www.chess2u.com/t4410p90-stockfish#29862

more_horiz
How to Compile a Stockfish Chess Engine

Here Video Guide

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum