Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionHash booster in Arena 3.0 EmptyHash booster in Arena 3.0

more_horiz
Hi
Does enabling Hash Booster in Arena 3.0 improve performance of the chess engine?
Also, should "Ponder" be set to on or off ?
I'm using Houdini 2.0c on an Intel Core I7 920 with 12GB RAM.
Please advise.
Regards
shrapnel

descriptionHash booster in Arena 3.0 EmptyRe: Hash booster in Arena 3.0

more_horiz
@shrapnel wrote:
Hi
Does enabling Hash Booster in Arena 3.0 improve performance of the chess engine?
Please advise.
Regards
shrapnel

Hi! Yes, Hash Booster is improving performance of engine... For example: for longer time control games; its not the same if you are using 128,256,512 or 1024 MB hash... Higher is better....

Ponder You can use as you wish... For Houdini2.0c you can use up to 4 CPU... (HT on (using 8 CPU) is not good idea for running Houdini2.0c). For analyses with H2.0c you can use all CPU s.

more_horiz
@Marijan wrote:
@shrapnel wrote:
Hi
Please advise.
Regards
shrapnel

Hi! Yes, Hash Booster is improving performance of engine... For example: for longer time control games; its not the same if you are using 128,256,512 or 1024 MB hash... Higher is better....

Ponder You can use as you wish... For Houdini2.0c you can use up to 4 CPU... (HT on (using 8 CPU) is not good idea for running Houdini2.0c). For analyses with H2.0c you can use all CPU s.

more_horiz
Hi
Thank you for your reply.
I don't quite follow this statement " its not the same if you are using 128,256,512 or 1024 MB hash... Higher is better....".
I understand that you believe that Hash Booster on, improves performance, but what do you mean exactly by the above statement ?
Please clarify.

more_horiz
@shrapnel wrote:
Hi
Thank you for your reply.
I don't quite follow this statement " its not the same if you are using 128,256,512 or 1024 MB hash... Higher is better....".
I understand that you believe that Hash Booster on, improves performance, but what do you mean exactly by the above statement ?
Please clarify.

"Hash Tables (Transposition tables)
Hash tables are used to store positions that you have searched earlier so that you don't have to look at them again. A typical hash table will contain the following:
A Key: this is unique to each entry and is related to the position
Score: The score for the position
Depth: The depth searched
Now, the bigger the hash table of your program, the more information will be reused and thus the better your program will be."

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum