Programmer: Mark Lee Meara. Chief Advertiser: Katie Hamad. Graphic Artist: Anna Skittlesquid.
A chess engine is a computer program which can play the game of chess. Matrix 3000 is an exciting new chess engine, capable of defeating the strongest free engine, Houdini 1.5a, and well on it's way to chess domination! It's aggressive style is reminiscent of great human players such as Kasparov, Fischer, and Carlsen. Current rating lists place the commercial Houdini 2 at the top of the rating lists, with a rating between 3022 and 3308 Elo, depending on the source. Current private engine tests (c. 500 games, more to come) suggest Matrix 3000 is around 50 elo stronger than Houdini 1.5a, and 35 elo stronger than Houdini 2.0
Matrix 3000 is crap! It's a Hex Edited Houdini 1.5a and also weak...
Games Completed = 500 of 500 (Avg game length = 38.723 sec)
Settings = RR/32MB/4000ms+200ms/M 700000cp for 7 moves, D 150 moves/EPD:E:\LittleBlitzer\openings.epd(4000)
Time = 6117 sec elapsed, 0 sec remaining
1. Houdini 1.5a x64 259.5/500 167-148-185 (L: m=148 t=0 i=0 a=0) (D: r=28 i=59 f=50 s=1 a=47) (tpm=216.5 d=13.3 nps=1754513)
2. Deep Matrix 3000 240.5/500 148-167-185 (L: m=167 t=0 i=0 a=0) (D: r=28 i=59 f=50 s=1 a=47) (tpm=217.2 d=13.4 nps=1759954)
Andres wrote:"Matrix 3000 is just a renamed and HEX-edited clone of Houdini 1.5a"
Deep Matrix 3000
@Tennison wrote:I discuss a little bit with "the author" ... lol I ask as if I was a newbie ... lol And he said very "interesting" things ... ;-)
Here is some of the Questions/Responses :
1. When I add the engine in Fritz GUI, he claimed :
Name : Matrix 3000
Author : Robert Houdart
Are you sure it's the good engine ?
That's the result of using some of Houdini's parameters in it's coding. Matrix is basically a much improved and modified version of Houdini!!
2. It's not your engine ? Why don't you change the author's name ?
It's largely my engine, but I borrowed ideas from other engines :)
3. So change the "id author" with your name !! It's a simple UCI parameter in protocol.h (or equivalent) ...
I program in C and C++ and it's easy to change it even if you have some Houdart's lines in your code.
I can't find his name in the code, I can find "id author" but I can't find Robert Houdart anywhere.
4. you don't look in the code but in the "exe" file... It's logical because Robert makes a binary code to hidden his name in "exe". You have to modify the C++ source of Deep Matrix.
Do you know how to do it?? if you know how to, would you be able to change it for me???
5. I don't have the source code of YOUR engine ! You'll give it to me and I can change it...
Couldn't you change it with a hex editor or something??
6. no ... Only in src files ...
What do you mean by src files?? Sorry, my computer skills are not the greatest, I only contributed part of Matrix 3000's code
What a liar ... lol