Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionSometimes Critter is more smart than Houdini EmptySometimes Critter is more smart than Houdini

more_horiz
I was curious to check if engines understand that this position is a draw or not, to humans it doesn't take more than 2-3 seconds to understand that its a forced draw position, but I realizied that stockfish , Houdini and many other engines evaluate it much wrong like +17 or +20
while critter 1.4 , for now is the only engine that gave result as 0.00 or 0.05.

Sometimes Critter is more smart than Houdini Houdin10

Sometimes Critter is more smart than Houdini Critte10

descriptionSometimes Critter is more smart than Houdini EmptyRe: Sometimes Critter is more smart than Houdini

more_horiz
@lilmafya wrote:
I was curious to check if engines understand that this position is a draw or not, to humans it doesn't take more than 2-3 seconds to understand that its a forced draw position, but I realizied that stockfish , Houdini and many other engines evaluate it much wrong like +17 or +20
while critter 1.4 , for now is the only engine that gave result as 0.00 or 0.05.

Sometimes Critter is more smart than Houdini Houdin10

Sometimes Critter is more smart than Houdini Critte10

If Houdini has a contempt of 1, then the search evaluation of the position will always lean at about =(0.12) if White / =(-.12) if Black. With Houdini playing White as an example, evaluation would be =(+0.05) + =(+0.12) which would yield to =(0.17). If Houdini's contempt value is 0, I would not doubt that the evaluation score would match that of Critter's.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum