Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionQuestions about polygot books (.bin) EmptyQuestions about polygot books (.bin)

more_horiz
Hllo guys I was wondering if there is a guide about .bin books, I am pretty much confused about them
if there is not a guide can someone with knowledge answere these questions please.
P.s I use Arena 3.0 GUI
1) How can we create a .bin book ? with which program?
2) How to use them ? just put them inside the folder of the engine?
3) How to disable them (I test alot of engines and i put to all of them the same book to use to be fair (Perfect 2012) , but I find some engines like pro deo 1.74 and Tornado 4.88 , doing other moves which are not from perfect 2012 books, and I found they have a .bin book inside their folder, but when i search in the "Manage" of the engine I dont find any option about using or using not the .bin book
4) I would like to see the tree of the .bin books how is that possible?

thanks in advance

descriptionQuestions about polygot books (.bin) EmptyRe: Questions about polygot books (.bin)

more_horiz
There is no answer yet ? hmmm...It seems that these questions are too hard for some people to answer. lol

descriptionQuestions about polygot books (.bin) EmptyRe: Questions about polygot books (.bin)

more_horiz
1) You create a bin book using polyglot.exe
2) To use it you have to edit polyglot.ini with the bin you want
3) To disable you again have to edit polyglot.ini with the option OwnBook=false
4) To see the tree you have to use the program called SCID

more_horiz
Thank you alot for Your answer XsupremeX

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum