Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionGnurt 1.0 - A new high quality opening book (lastest version 1.0e uploaded) EmptyGnurt 1.0 - A new high quality opening book (lastest version 1.0e uploaded)

more_horiz
Dear all,
I have created a high quality opening book (Arena book) by using extracted games from CCRL40/40 (2009 to 2012-03). I created a Java program to extract data.
* Filter conditions for extract games:
- Get winning games that winner side is weaker player and loser side is stronger with rating at least 3000.
- Get winning games that winner side is stronger player with rating is at least 2900 and loser is weaker player with rating at least equals to [stronger rating] - [10% of stronger rating].
- Get draw games that both side rating are at least 3000.
- Some other filter conditions not listed here.
- Book depth: 60 half-moves.
Link: Gnurt 1.0 , or Mirror1
If you click Gnurt 1.0 link and cannot download file then (on Firefox) please right click on "Skip Ad", click "Copy link location", paste in address text box then enter to go to download page.

Please test this opening book and report result.

* Version 1.0b:
- Updated book parameters, link: Gnurt 1.0b
* Version 1.0c:
- Link: Gnurt 1.0c
- Fixed wrong parameters so the book is stronger than old versions.
- Changed book depth to 80 half-moves.
- Currently there is no way to create winning book for black/white so I changed filter conditions to simpler conditions:
+ Get winning games that winner side is stronger player with rating is at least 2900 and loser is weaker player with rating at least equals to [stronger rating] - [12% of stronger rating].
+ Get draw games that both side rating are at least 3000.
* Version 1.0d:
- Link: Gnurt 1.0d
- Slightly updated some filter conditions to extract games from CCRL40/40 database.
- Use a special import method to make book stronger than older versions.
- Updated book parameters, updated move priority of 1st, 2nd and 3rd level.
- Tested 100 games against RpC-Alpha-2.9.2A.abk with good result: 50.5 - 49.5 (100 games, 28-27-45). See my below post for more detail.
* Version 1.0e:
- Link: Gnurt 1.0e
- Changed filter conditions to extract draw games: both side rating are at least 3000 or rating of one of them is at least 3100.
- Tested carefully with two phases because re-test result for 1.0d version is bad.
See my below post for more detail.

Regards,
Trung,

Last edited by tungoctrung on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:52 am; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Update links)

descriptionGnurt 1.0 - A new high quality opening book (lastest version 1.0e uploaded) EmptyRe: Gnurt 1.0 - A new high quality opening book (lastest version 1.0e uploaded)

more_horiz
Thanks mr. Trung (cam' on anh Trung) smile

descriptionGnurt 1.0 - A new high quality opening book (lastest version 1.0e uploaded) EmptyRe: Gnurt 1.0 - A new high quality opening book (lastest version 1.0e uploaded)

more_horiz
i thought it was ctg book

smile

more_horiz
the link doesn't work,anyway i have downloaded the first file, can you just upload a picture with the parameters?

more_horiz
@lilmafya wrote:
the link doesn't work,anyway i have downloaded the first file, can you just upload a picture with the parameters?

Please download via Mirror1 link of Gnurt 1.0b.

more_horiz
I started to test your book:
http://www.tpp89.org/p-abk-2.htm

more_horiz
@RpC wrote:
I started to test your book:
http://www.tpp89.org/p-abk-2.htm

Thank you.
I'm trying to find solution to create Arena book for white, for black and for both sides then merge them.
Any one experienced with this problem? Please let me know the solution. Thank you.

more_horiz
Standard solutions do not. But the solution is ... The proof - RpC-Alpha.abk. The secret to not reveal. Otherwise, you will not get the pleasure of finding a solution. Seek and you will be rewarded.

Good luck to you!

more_horiz
@RpC wrote:
Standard solutions do not. But the solution is ... The proof - RpC-Alpha.abk. The secret to not reveal. Otherwise, you will not get the pleasure of finding a solution. Seek and you will be rewarded.

Good luck to you!

Thank you, I'll try to find solution but I not have more time to involve on this problem.
P.S: I have updated book to 1.0c version with important changes (see my first post with updated comments). Can you delete test result of previous version (1.0b) and replace with newer version 1.0c then restart from beginning? Thank you.

more_horiz
Link Gnurt 1.0c not working

more_horiz
@RpC wrote:
Link Gnurt 1.0c not working

mediafire.com ?gr8v24drqe8i851

more_horiz
Ok, started testing a new version.

descriptionGnurt 1.0 - A new high quality opening book (lastest version 1.0e uploaded) Empty1.0c, 1.0d test

more_horiz
Dear all,
I have created new version 1.0d with special import method and changed move priority to make it stronger than 1.0c version.
I have tested this book against RpC-Alpha-2.9.2A.abk book using Houdini 2.0 Standard 32 bit, blitz 4' + 2".
Result of tests:
- Gnurt 1.0c vs. RpC-Alpha-2.9.2A.abk: 14.0 – 25.0 (39 games, 6-17-16).
- Gnurt 1.0d revision 1 vs. RpC-Alpha-2.9.2A.abk: 18.0 - 24.0 (42 games, 10-16-16).
- Gnurt 1.0d revision 2 vs. RpC-Alpha-2.9.2A.abk: 50.5 - 49.5 (100 games, 28-27-45).
- Gnurt 1.0d revision 3 vs. RpC-Alpha-2.9.2A.abk: 6.5 - 13.5 (20 games, 2-9-9)
So I keep Gnurt 1.0d revision 2 and release it to public.
Link: Link1 , Link2
@RpC: can you test this new version? Thank you.
Regards,
Trung,

Last edited by tungoctrung on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:22 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update links)

descriptionGnurt 1.0 - A new high quality opening book (lastest version 1.0e uploaded) EmptyNew version 1.0e

more_horiz
Dear all,
I have re-tested version 1.0d against RpC-Alpha-2.9.2A book using Houdini 2.0 Standard 32 bit, blitz 5' + 2". The result is strangely bad. So I have created new version 1.0e and tested it carefully.
Result of tests:
- Gnurt 1.0d revision 2 vs. RpC-Alpha-2.9.2A.abk:
+ Test 1: 17.5-28.5 (46 games, 8-19-19).
+ Test 2: 19.5-30.5 (50 games, 9-20-21).
- Gnurt 1.0e vs. RpC-Alpha-2.9.2A.abk:
+ Test 1: 26.5-29.5 (56 games, 16-19-21).
+ Test 2: 38.5-41.5 (80 games, 17-20-43).
So I release version 1.0e to public.

Next version plan: import games of strongest grand masters and from other online web sites.
Link: Gnurt 1.0e

Regards,
Trung,

Last edited by tungoctrung on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update links)

more_horiz
Thanks Trung! Keep up the good work. cool

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum