Chess2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chess2uLog in

descriptionAre Xeon processors give you better results than regular processors?? EmptyAre Xeon processors give you better results than regular processors??

more_horiz

I'm going to make a desktop computer
What is the best in the following specification and the fastest and why
1:

i7 3960x
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme x79
G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 64GB (8 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133

2:
Asus Z9PE-WS Dual Xeons E5-2690 Insanity 16 Cores 32

i7 3960x or Dual Xeons E5-2690????

descriptionAre Xeon processors give you better results than regular processors?? EmptyRe: Are Xeon processors give you better results than regular processors??

more_horiz
Intel Xeon Processor E5-2690 cool

Performance Tests:

Are Xeon processors give you better results than regular processors?? Dual-x10

http://www.servethehome.com/dual-xeon-e5-2690-intels-dual-socket-lga-2011-flagship/

descriptionAre Xeon processors give you better results than regular processors?? EmptyRe: Are Xeon processors give you better results than regular processors??

more_horiz
Xeon is better for multithreaded aplication like 3dmax rendering & server apps ... its massive power to load but these xeons are not overclokable.For chess computer its not so simply to say beacause dual xeons are about 25%-40% faster than high overcklocked 6 cores 3760X 3730X.Next major is power consuption and ofcourse price... if it dosent matter for you get dual xeons.But in normal using for video games /chess comp better go for 6core and OC.Ohh 64 GB of RAM its waste of money ... i would suggest max 24 GB.

more_horiz
thanks lot

more_horiz
Yup,I'm running an Intel 3930K overclocked to 4.7 Ghz with 32 GB RAM and I've always drawn with guys using dual-xeons. cool

more_horiz
Are you kidding

more_horiz
@saod9 wrote:
Are you kidding

I kid you not !!
In fact, dual-xeons are over-rated... difficult to overclock....run hot and draw a lot of power..... not much faster than overclocked i7s.
Consequent ELO difference is not more than 20 ELO.
Others have had similar results.
Look up www.rybkaforum.net for further details.

more_horiz
thanks mr shrapnel rolleyes

more_horiz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum